Cincinatti Reds @ Seattle Mariners Apr 15-17...

sutz

Reaction score
Projected starters:

Mon: Montas (2-1, 2.16 ERA) vs Kirby (1-2, 8.16 ERA)

Tue: Greene (0-1, 4.86 ERA) vs Gilbert (0-0, 2.66 ERA)

Wed: Abbott (1-1, 2.60 ERA) vs Miller (2-1, 1.96 ERA)

Chapow

Reaction score
I'm as down on this team as anyone, but credit where credit is due. They're playing a great game tonight.

I had forgotten that baseball can actually be fun and exciting to watch. Thanks for the reminder M's.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Some of us aren't surprised they are capable of this. 🤷‍♂️

Hopefully this is the start of a surge. The pitching has been pretty good the past few days, the hitters finally decided to play up to their capability. Not expecting 8 runs a game, of course, but liking the score early, add on late strategy for a change. That and scoring in more than 1-2 innings in the same game is nice as well.

Actually, this has been building up. They've been hitting the ball hard lately, just at people. Only a matter of time before they start finding some holes in the D and reaching the fences. Not expecting 8 runs/game like I said, but if we can string a few games where we score in the 4-6 run range, they'll win more than they lose with the pitchers settling in.

stack55

Reaction score
Where did this mariner team come from.
Maybe they should all wear no. 42 all the time.

Crizilla

Reaction score
JP the only one without a hit. Should be gone from the lead off spot IMO. We have someone batting higher average who is also a lefty. Wtf, man.

My line up would be:
Rojas
Julio
Polanco
Hanny
France
JP
Cal
Raley
Clase

Create some competition in the line up . Make guys earn their spot again. Wake the F up, coaches. Call more guys up if you have to. Beg Jerry to do something.

Echawks

Reaction score
i like clase in the lineup... perfect leadoff, move jrod to 3..

clase, rojas, jrod, polanco, garver, haniger, france, crawford, i like raley over canzone but its close.

Crizilla

Reaction score
It truly is mind boggling how they bat Luke Riley ahead of Rojas.

14 strikeouts. The amount of balls this team swings at. I've never seen anything like it.

3 outs away from first series win.

Last edited:
OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Series win. First one is always the hardest one. I'll take it. :)

Gilbert was aces. Bullpen a little shaky, but held them off. Great defense, especially by Julio. That throw to 3d to nail Del La Cruz was amazing. Nice tag by Rojas, too.

Clase with another RBI on a double to the center right gap.

Crizilla

Reaction score
We did it bros first series win. If Riley continues to struggle call another one up.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
Another nice win with solid outing by Gilbert, but again with the 15 strikeouts… 189 in 18 games, at least they have been drawing some walks to offset the K’s a little.

Latest posts