Chris Dyko, former WSU, Chicago Bears player, killed in Fla.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
KEY WEST, Fla. — Christopher Dyko, 48, of Bremerton, Wash., who had played football in the 1980s at WSU and with the Chicago Bears, was killed when hit by an SUV on U.S. 1 while riding a bicycle Sunday, Keysnet.com reported.

An 88-year-old Sugarloaf Key driver was arrested in the case, Keysnet.com said.

Dyko played offensive tackle at Washington State from 1984-88 and was briefly with the Chicago Bears in 1989.

http://q13fox.com/2014/12/29/chris-dyko ... n-florida/

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
88 y/o driver....ugh. That being said, I have driven that highway and watching the cyclists, my first thought was, "these guys are just asking to get hit." There is very little to no shoulder room and cars drive pretty fast.

May he rest in peace.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Thats sad..There is no defenses being on a bike in traffic..If not the 88yr old -it will be a texting driver..Just don't understand why bikes have to be where theres cars in mass..In Chicago they are on sidewalks with walkers..Around my area you go to the state parks if you need a long exercising ride..On our roads I saw an Amish guy get nailed by a Yukon
suv..The bike was embedded into the front grill ..The driver was looking for his phone and drifted 2 ft to the right and bam.Amish guy was on road when I came up to see if I could do anything..His neck was twisted in odd angle and some teeth was knocked out..I knew he was going to die soon and he did otw to hospital..7 young kids ect..Just my opinion..These days no bikes of any kind should be on the road with distracted drivers I see all the time..

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
Sad story. He was a good dude too. A patient of mine about four years back here in Bremerton. Saw that last night in the Kitsap Sun. You just never know when your time is coming. RIP Chris.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Oh man. I knew Chris Dyko in college.
After he played his first year with the Bears, he came back to WSU and hung out with good friends of mine because they had been buds since their high school years. (I just sent a message to that mutual friend after seeing this posted just now before responding here.) I appreciate the OP b/c I wouldn't have probably heard otherwise.
Chris frequented parties my band played.
He played his high school football at University High School in Spokane, WA.