Chris Conley WR Georgia...

Hawks46

Reaction score
Mayock said that he was a fringe 3rd day pick before this combine, but now coaches are going to scramble to watch more tap on this kid.

With those measurables, he's upped his stock to at least the 5th round. Who wouldn't spend a 5th rounder on a kid with these measurables, even if he had to take a year to learn the ropes ?

Also, when a guy runs the 40 in 4.35 at his size, and has the longest broad jump among WRs in a decade, and the second highest vertical ever, you can bet some coaches will look for anything positive in that tape to validate the pick. It's human nature.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Timmahawk":rbds2eji said:
seahawkfreak":rbds2eji said:
Not sure about blowing it up. NFL tracker has him graded at 5.4. Lower 2nd tier

He's top 5 in each drill so far, with the #1 vertical and broad jumps. 4.35 40, 6'2, 2nd longest arms. I'd say so far he is blowing it up.

Alright point takin. Guess we'll see where he's drafted. Thanks for making the draft more interesting. After second round though just watch for Hawks picks.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Hawks46":1rix6kky said:
Mayock said that he was a fringe 3rd day pick before this combine, but now coaches are going to scramble to watch more tap on this kid.

With those measurables, he's upped his stock to at least the 5th round. Who wouldn't spend a 5th rounder on a kid with these measurables, even if he had to take a year to learn the ropes ?

Also, when a guy runs the 40 in 4.35 at his size, and has the longest broad jump among WRs in a decade, and the second highest vertical ever, you can bet some coaches will look for anything positive in that tape to validate the pick. It's human nature.

You're probably right that someone will take a chance on him early, I'm just not certain they should. Let's not forget that Jameson Konz absolutely blew everyone away at his Pro Day in 2010. Here is what he did ...

40 yard dash ... 4.38 seconds
10'8" broad jump
46" vertical jump

and later completed 27 reps of 225 pounds in the bench for the Saints.

At 6'3" 254 Pounds, the Seahawks were thinking they had a possible absolute stud TE as well ... and drafted him in the 7th Round in 2010. Exactly where a guy like that should be drafted ... and we all saw the result.

Just throwing that out there.

hawksurething

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":eynkk5al said:
Hawks46":eynkk5al said:

You're probably right that someone will take a chance on him early, I'm just not certain they should. Let's not forget that Jameson Konz absolutely blew everyone away at his Pro Day in 2010. Here is what he did ...

10'8" broad jump
46" vertical jump

At 6'3" 254 Pounds, the Seahawks were thinking they had a possible absolute stud TE as well ... and drafted him in the 7th Round in 2010. Exactly where a guy like that should be drafted ... and we all saw the result.

In other words...no combine stars. We want game film vs good CBs & WRs that pull double teams most off the game.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
hawksurething":2w1hskax said:
Hawkscanner":2w1hskax said:
Hawks46":2w1hskax said:

10'8" broad jump
46" vertical jump

In other words...no combine stars. We want game film vs good CBs & WRs that pull double teams most off the game.

No, not saying that whatsoever. I am saying that we've seen this sort of thing before. Sometimes prospects like this pan out ... sometimes they don't. Jameson Konz was drafted in the 7th Round after an astounding workout and didn't work out ... J.R. Sweezy was drafted in the 7th Round and is the best guard the Seahawks have. Teams can still find gold nuggets in the later rounds, as this organization has proven time and again under Schneider.

I'm just saying that I wouldn't take a guy like this before the end of the 6th Round, as I just feel that there are going to be players who are of far greater value who will still be on the board. I certainly hope Schneider and the Hawks have a shot at him in those later rounds if they so choose. That's all I'm saying.

Brithawk

Reaction score
EMTHawkfan":3auj6ag8 said:
...is blowing up the combine!

Maybe someone smarter than me can post his numbers. He checked in at 6'2" 213 and ran a 4.35 40. I heard he had a 45" vertical and 11'7" broad...looked at some film on him and he looks pretty good.

Anyone have any thoughts or insight on this young man?
I think Zach Whitman or Jared Stanger who write for Field Gulls commented on him, with the lack of tape at WR could you convert him to Corner? He has all the attributes we look for