Chris Carter still talking trash

Reaction score
Yeah, I can't stand to listen to Carter's analysis. He's always gotta work in some sort of self-centered anecdote. The guy's got some insecurity issues for sure.

HawkGA

Reaction score
One thing I could stand this morning was hearing Mike & Mike complain about what Sherman did but then say they loved Carter's response. What? Are you kidding me? Sherman was in a jacked up situation and responding. Carter is a has been who is bitter.

As to that Hall of Famer status: I liked Carter a lot as a player. But when I think of him, I don't think Hall of Famer. They're devaluing the Hall of Fame by letting too many people in. He doesn't deserve Hall of Fame status. That said, I think that is true of a lot of receivers.

mikeak

Reaction score
Reaneypark":38fl6msz said:
Good, let the hate flow. It feeds us.

Dilfer made this point on the Cowherd show. Exactly this - how PC will use the media all week and this is a team built on having a chip on their shoulders

Seeker

Reaction score
didn't chris carter get OWNED by skip bayless of all people?

HawkGA

Reaction score
Thunderhawk":21tvbcn4 said:
theENGLISHseahawk":21tvbcn4 said:
Chris Carter Super Bowl rings: 0
Steve Largent Super Bowl rings: 0

So what?

Steve Largent also doesn't run his mouth about how bad other people are.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
He talked sack about Calvin Johnson like two or three years ago when he was just starting to come into his own, and did this same exact "look at my jacket bro. HOF bro." I don't know his stance on him now, because he was so dismissive of what Megatron was doing.

He's a joke.

SPOHAWK

Reaction score
And Carter won how many SB or even playoff games? Puke!

CANHawk

Reaction score
Didn't Carter also talk a bunch of ish about TO being a nobody at one point? If Doug goes on to put up numbers like TO, I'll send CC a nice cheese plate.

But yeah, 6 catches for 100+ yards in an NFC championship game ain't no appetizer. Doug is legit, Carter's a has been. Why don't he go open a used car dealership or something..?

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
I still like CC but obviously here he is dead wrong and should admit it. Own it.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1xxhe6r1 said:
Popeyejones":1xxhe6r1 said:
Carter's right, although I think he's wrong to even bother responding. It's his JOB to analyze the game and what's happening. Carter said the exact same thing about the Hawks' receivers that every single Hawks fan here has been saying for weeks now, and it's his JOB to say it. LOL at Baldwin getting himself into the thin-skinned-WWF-heel spotlight that Sherman is always hogging. (although TBF, Baldwin's comments have been blown up a bit, in real time I thought it was kinda immature and dumb of him, but not really "disrespectful" or anything, as it has been made out to be).

Are you serious? He calls the Seahawks' receivers "appetizers" and that's not disrespectful?

Oh, no, sorry if that wasn't clear. Read it again. I was saying I don't think BALDWIN'S comments in response after the game were disrespectful.

I think:

1) Carter was doing his job as sports journalist (talking about players and teams and being entertaining) by criticizing the recent play of the Hawks WRs (just as Hawks fans had been doing) because that's HIS JOB.

2) Baldwin was being kinda immature and thin-skinned by criticizing KJ and Carter after a big win when not even asked about them or anything related to them, but wasn't really disrespectful in the way he did it.

3) Carter was an idiot for responding to it, as Baldwin wasn't really disrespectful in the way he went about bringing them up and talking about what they said.

Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Rufus

Reaction score
So I went ahead and Googled Cris Carter and compared his first three seasons stats with Baldwin's. Pretty comparable, with Carter having a slight edge in avg yards per catch and TDs, and Baldwin well ahead in receptions, yards, playoff wins and of course conference championships/SB appearances.

................CARTER.....................BALDWIN
games:..........41..............................46
receptions:.....89............................130
yards:..........1450.........................1932
avg:.............17.2..........................14.9
lng:...............80T...........................55T
TD:................19.............................12

division
champion:.......1...............................1
playoff
appearances:...2...............................4
playoff