Chiefs/Broncos

endzorn

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1tggeq91 said:
This is why we'll win in Green Bay. Things always remain the same, the cream always rises to the top and Kansas City will never beat Denver until Peyton retires.

Let's just say I'm going to enjoy work tomorrow.:)
I like how you think and I hope you're right.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
ringless":pvdauq41 said:
Yes Bevell such an idiot making the Seahawks a top 10 PPG game team and top 10 Yds per game team the last two years and having the most amount of explosive plays last year. Thats totally gross. If only you guys had someone else then instead of only being a top 10 offense you guys could be a top 2 offense
I trade him straight up for any OC in the league, even the Cards OC. if I were a fan of a Seattle opponent I'd like DB too.
Even the dumbest DC's look good against Seattle a majority of the time.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2qx2mr6k said:
ringless":2qx2mr6k said:
Yes Bevell such an idiot making the Seahawks a top 10 PPG game team and top 10 Yds per game team the last two years and having the most amount of explosive plays last year. Thats totally gross. If only you guys had someone else then instead of only being a top 10 offense you guys could be a top 2 offense
I trade him straight up for any OC in the league, even the Cards OC. if I were a fan of a Seattle opponent I'd like DB too.
Even the dumbest DC's look good against Seattle a majority of the time.

I have a feeling you would be saying the same stuff about Reid and Kubiak tonight if you followed either of their teams.

kearly

Reaction score
I thought Jaye Howard looked like a breakout player in the 2013 preseason. It seems like every year Seattle has some 'wtf' 53 man decisions, but 2013 was the most egregious.

RE: Kubiak playcalling. Doesn't Manning run the offense?

The ending was pure LOL. Now Denver knows what it feels like to win like a Seahawk.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
kearly":dv6jbg5r said:
I thought Jaye Howard looked like a breakout player in the 2013 preseason. It seems like every year Seattle has some 'wtf' 53 man decisions, but 2013 was the most egregious.

RE: Kubiak playcalling. Doesn't Manning run the offense?

The ending was pure LOL. Now Denver knows what it feels like to win like a Seahawk.

Ron Parker, too. Sure would be nice to have him right now. Admittedly, we were ridiculously deep at DL and DB that year. Almost all our last cuts that year became good players elsewhere.

Re: Kubiak. People think he's calling the plays now and is the reason why Manning is struggling. They only really scored on defense and when Manning was in hurry-up and doing normal Manning stuff at the end of the game.

Threedee

Reaction score
Still no WR touchdowns for KC! I believe they said not since Week 14 of 2013, making it 20 straight weeks. I laughed so hard last year Week 17 when a KC WR fumbled the ball across the goal line to Kelce for the TD, and am still laughing now!

Fade

Reaction score
It never got loud in the supposed loudest stadium.

AgentDib

Reaction score
It was definitely loud at times. I was there killing time between the STL/GB games and it's easily the best opposing stadium I have been to. Practically every single Chiefs fan wore red, they all knew when to yell and when to sit down and shut up, and they were a very friendly bunch.

It wasn't as loud as a divisional game at CenturyLink, but given how weak most opposing stadiums are I think it's much closer to a kinship than a rivalry.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Anybody else see some 49'er Groundhog Day with KC?

I see the same problem the Niners had 4-5 years ago..........great D, great RB, mediocre QB that can't get you over the hump. Now the same thing's happening in KC with Smith.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I actually really like the makeup of this Chiefs squad. I don't know how they'll do under Reid, but I think Pete Carroll could take this exact team to a Super Bowl, even with Alex as the QB. Jamaal Charles, Knile Davis, Maclin, De'Anthony Thomas... Pete would love these guys. That D would be even more ridiculous under Carroll, and he'd turn Marcus Peters into an All-Pro easily. That dude is a star. Dorsey did a good job putting this team together.

Fade

Reaction score
AgentDib":8bvbqknf said:
It was definitely loud at times. I was there killing time between the STL/GB games and it's easily the best opposing stadium I have been to. Practically every single Chiefs fan wore red, they all knew when to yell and when to sit down and shut up, and they were a very friendly bunch.

It wasn't as loud as a divisional game at CenturyLink, but given how weak most opposing stadiums are I think it's much closer to a kinship than a rivalry.

The crowd was very docile for a night game and had 0 effect on Denver's Offense. I could hear Peyton making calls at the LoS and Omaha'ing. That don't happen in the clink.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1cnnmvzo said:
I actually really like the makeup of this Chiefs squad. I don't know how they'll do under Reid, but I think Pete Carroll could take this exact team to a Super Bowl, even with Alex as the QB. Jamaal Charles, Knile Davis, Maclin, De'Anthony Thomas... Pete would love these guys. That D would be even more ridiculous under Carroll, and he'd turn Marcus Peters into an All-Pro easily. That dude is a star. Dorsey did a good job putting this team together.

I like their team as well. I wouldn't put too much into this game. If not for a couple "flukey" fumbles by a top 3 RB, the Chiefs would have won this game. They have a stout front 7, their back end seems to be much improved with Peters now. The offense is a safe bet to score more points than what their defense will give up. Alex Smith isn't going to light it up, but he won't lose you the game either. When is the last time you said "that loss was on Alex Smith's shoulders?" He won't lose you games like Romo, Kaep, Cutler, Dalton, etc. He compliments the defense very well: he takes care of the ball, plays field position, and takes what is given to him. And to be fair to Smith, he has never had great weapons around him, similar to Russell. Maclin and Kelce are nice, but there isn't much after that.

I still like KC to win the division. Denver is lucky to be 2-0, they could easily be 0-2. Peyton's arm looks like it is on life support. Once we get further into the season and the temperatures drop, so will his play.

rideaducati

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3jqc3al3 said:

I don't think there is a coach alive that could get an Alex Smith led team to a Super Bowl victory. It takes a QB with some balls to win a Super Bowl and Alex has none.

Alex Smith's best years coincide with career years from his kickers. Check downs don't work in the red zone, so neither does Alex's QB play.

NINEster

Reaction score
rideaducati":phs6oc04 said:
DavidSeven":phs6oc04 said:

I don't think there is a coach alive that could get an Alex Smith led team to a Super Bowl victory. It takes a QB with some balls to win a Super Bowl and Alex has none.

Alex Smith's best years coincide with career years from his kickers. Check downs don't work in the red zone, so neither does Alex's QB play.

Interesting analysis...never thought about check downs as a redzone issue but it's true.

Smith came close in 2011. He had balls to throw deep to vernon Davis , but nobody has replaced that kind of receiver for him since which is why the struggle is there.

He made two throws the entire nfc championship game, both TDs to Davis. Outside of that, nothing.

I thought his first season with KC was pretty good. He had WR TDs and lit up the Colts in the playoffs. Then last year I guess the offense regressed and he got even more conservative.

I believe he has the physical tools but not all the mental ones.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":bzhcywyy said:
DavidSeven":bzhcywyy said:

I like their team as well. I wouldn't put too much into this game. If not for a couple "flukey" fumbles by a top 3 RB, the Chiefs would have won this game. They have a stout front 7, their back end seems to be much improved with Peters now. The offense is a safe bet to score more points than what their defense will give up. Alex Smith isn't going to light it up, but he won't lose you the game either. When is the last time you said "that loss was on Alex Smith's shoulders?" He won't lose you games like Romo, Kaep, Cutler, Dalton, etc. He compliments the defense very well: he takes care of the ball, plays field position, and takes what is given to him. And to be fair to Smith, he has never had great weapons around him, similar to Russell. Maclin and Kelce are nice, but there isn't much after that.

I still like KC to win the division. Denver is lucky to be 2-0, they could easily be 0-2. Peyton's arm looks like it is on life support. Once we get further into the season and the temperatures drop, so will his play.

If not for the "fluky" stretch where KC played six teams that had their backup QB starting, KC wouldn't have had that 11-5 season a couple years ago. They are a .500 team with the combination of Andy Reid and Alex Smith unless they are aided by "flukiness". Reid wants his team's to pass pass and pass some more. Alex Smith is best with a top defense and running game in a ball control offense. I have never understood the pairing of the two because it makes zero sense.

Latest posts