Chawker's draft

McGruff

Reaction score
Chawker":vvp5n5ly said:
The article that had Seahawks talking about a "player" in the 50s and wanting to move up, you all assumed it was DGB.

What if it was another player? Nelson Agholor is a well rounded player with all the tools that could have a immediate impact on this team. plus has a heart warming story to go along great work ethics.

I would much more in favor moving up to get a solid player than one who is a risk at best. cheers

And you would end up with a team like the 2008 Seahawks. Nice. Solid. Mediocre.

The difference is that this regime is willing to swing big. They miss as much as they hit (maybe more) but when they hit, they hit big.

Nelson Algholor looks like a solid career #2 who will never be a threat to a defense. And that is his ceiling. That's about as good as I see him ever being.

OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
My perspective on DGB won't change, let forget about the off the field issues. I've watch his tape and he has trouble with press coverage unable to get off quickly, with no separation.

I still think that Nelson Agholor or even Jaelen Strong would be wiser choice. but thats just me.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Well this is better than trading Marshawn Lynch and Russell Wilson, so I suppose you're making progress. I'd like the Grasu pick.. nothing else.

OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
hmm.... so we trade one thug (P. Harvin) off to the jets for a 4th round pick just to draft another thug with our first pick. Ok, I can see the logic behing your thinking. lol jk

I'm not sold on your idear about drafting DBG. And he's a thug!

McGruff

Reaction score
Chawker":1u6uili2 said:
hmm.... so we trade one thug (P. Harvin) off to the jets for a 4th round pick just to draft another thug with our first pick. Ok, I can see the logic behing your thinking. lol jk

Im not a fan of DGB because of some of the off field stuff, but those two:players are nothing alike on or off the field.

Percy, to my knowledge, has never had a single off he field incident. But as a teammate he sucks. He is the most me centered player in a league full of me centered individuals, and he will tear a team to pieces from the inside out.

DGB has always had a great repoire with his teammates and coaches, even after getting in trouble. He is a high effort player who plays well with others.

For my money, however,there are players who have 90% of the skills of DGB with half the concerns. Conley and Coates come to mind.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Chawker":2jv20z3o said:

A thug how? For smoking some weed?

OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
Agreed Mcgruff!

He broke into his girlfriends apartment and assaulted her roommate in which he was charged with burglary and assault, along with the drug charges. Not a pillar of the community in my book.

Setting those issues aside, DGB isn't worth a second round grade. I think has value in the red zone but we aready have Mathews who can handle those duties.

So many other good receivers out there.

titan3131

Reaction score
Chawker":knsm2v3d said:
Agreed Mcgruff!

He broke into his girlfriends apartment and assaulted her roommate in which he was charged with burglary and assault, along with the drug charges. Not a pillar of the community in my book.

Setting those issues aside, DGB isn't worth a second round grade. I think has value in the red zone but we aready have Mathews who can handle those duties.

So many other good receivers out there.

The more you type the worse you look. You clearly didnt research anything about him and only are buying the spoofed BS espn throws out.

The first marijuana arrest DGB was with two friends smoking a joint in a parking lot. That probably could be said of the majority of people posting here. The second time he was riding in a car that was pulled over for a broken tail light. DGB had no knowledge that there was marijuana in the trunk, and when they were taken to the police station and put into separate rooms, the driver admitted that the pot was his. DGB was released and no charges were ever filed. We're not talking Nate Newton getting busted TWICE hauling hundreds of pounds of dope across the country, nor was this trafficking cocaine or meth. Yes, he pushed a female in her apartment and has taken full responsibility for his actions WITHOUT EVER UTTERING A SINGLE EXCUSE.

Given his childhood it's miraculous that he turned out as well as he did. Very often children who have grown up without a stable family life will do things to fit in (such as smoking a joint with friends) and be accepted. It appears that he has learned his lesson.

"he who is without sin throw the first stone."

dutchcoug

Reaction score
Between both of your Mocks you have 3 Cougs getting drafted, you both win! j/k

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Chawker":13q6p6su said:
I guess I'll have to contact one of the mods because he will not stop FLAMING my posts.

No. He's not.

His first post was a response to your mock. After a couple other replies you responded with why you didn't like his mock, specifically trading for DGB because he's a "thug".

He responded by dropping knowledge that you just don't want to hear.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Chawker":2x1xhrlj said:
I guess I'll have to contact one of the mods because he will not stop FLAMING my posts.
You got one. Problem is he isn't doing anything beyond disagreeing with you while giving his reasons why.

In fact, from how I've interpreted the posts involved he's just asking you to explain your reasoning further, more than actually deriding, insulting, or attacking you or your posts.

Seafan

Reaction score
McGruff":j84kpmue said:
Chawker":j84kpmue said:
The article that had Seahawks talking about a "player" in the 50s and wanting to move up, you all assumed it was DGB.

What if it was another player? Nelson Agholor is a well rounded player with all the tools that could have a immediate impact on this team. plus has a heart warming story to go along great work ethics.

I would much more in favor moving up to get a solid player than one who is a risk at best. cheers

And you would end up with a team like the 2008 Seahawks. Nice. Solid. Mediocre.

The difference is that this regime is willing to swing big. They miss as much as they hit (maybe more) but when they hit, they hit big.

Nelson Algholor looks like a solid career #2 who will never be a threat to a defense. And that is his ceiling. That's about as good as I see him ever being.

And that would be an upgrade for this team as they have no #1 or #2. I doubt the Hawks feel the need for WR upgrades as much as the fans. Getting Jimmy solves a lot of problems in the passing game. The team seems satisfied with running a bunch of #3 and 4s out on every play, even in the Super Bowl.

titan3131

Reaction score
N Agholor is a great prospect, but I see him as a Maclin slot guy and we have a slot guy in baldwin. We need a #1 reciever,not a bunch of 2,3,4,5,6's

jimmy is great but our mantra is always compete and te Wr's need competition.

original poster

Reaction score
Chawker":f1rdtx2f said:
I'm unwilling to trade up for DGB who lets face it, is a thug with a rap sheet which includes burglary, and the fact that you're willing to trade off #63 plus next years third round selection ( are you so sure maxwell will draw a 3rd round comp pick? Could be a 4th rounder) plus throwing in one of our good RB's too boot.

Talk about the future condensations. WOW!

I'm having a real hard time wrapping my head around this situation. But I can't disagree anymore with you guys. Your logic does have its faults.

GO SEAHAWKS! cheers

I'd trade this years second, next years 3rd and this years 4th to get DGB. Gladly.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
original poster":2jj85k3l said:
Chawker":2jj85k3l said:
I'm unwilling to trade up for DGB who lets face it, is a thug with a rap sheet which includes burglary, and the fact that you're willing to trade off #63 plus next years third round selection ( are you so sure maxwell will draw a 3rd round comp pick? Could be a 4th rounder) plus throwing in one of our good RB's too boot.

I'm having a real hard time wrapping my head around this situation. But I can't disagree anymore with you guys. Your logic does have its faults.

GO SEAHAWKS! cheers

I'd trade this years second, next years 3rd and this years 4th to get DGB. Gladly.
Agreed. We have far too many picks in this year's draft anyway and to give up a single 3rd round pick in next year's draft which we likely recover somewhat via a compensatory pick anyway? It's not even a question.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Chawker":2m0tbm5t said:

GO SEAHAWKS! cheers
There are only two players (Revis and Suh) that matter who received an APY higher than Maxwell's. Maxwell will net us a 3rd rounder no question about it.

Willyeye

Reaction score
Chawker":1aahx458 said:
I'm expecting there will be some draft day trades, these aren't part of my mock.

# 63 Hronsis Grasu C 6' 3" 297 Oregon
# 95 Za'Darius Smith DE 6'4" 275 Kentucky
# 112 Tony Lippett WR/cb 6'2" 195 Michigan st
# 130 Jamil Douglas OG 6'4" 305 Arizona st.
# 134 Anthony Harris SS 6'1" 190 Virgina
# 167 Zach Vigil MLB 6'2" 240 Utah
# 170 Vince Mayle WR 6'3" 215 Washington st.
# 181 Cam Thomas CB 6'1" 190 Western kentucky
# 209 Chi Chi Ariguzo OLB 6'3" 235 Northwestern
# 214 Connor Halliday QB 6'4" 198 Washington st.
# 248 Jamas Castleman DT 6'3" 310 Oklahoma st.

cheers

So, here's a fourth opinion...you mentioned below that we have the #1 D...with 11 picks, I wouldn't go with 6 defenders. With injured guys coming back, our D roster is pretty full. We currently have 11 DT, 8 DE, 9 LB, 6 S, and 6 CB. In 2016, we could lose Mebane, McDaniel, and Rubin, so I would consider 2- DT's in the draft. We currently have 6 safeties for 2 positions...Earl and Kam are both signed long term...normally I wouldn't mind drafting a safety, but this is a horrible safety class (this means you'd be competing with teams that HAVE TO HAVE a safety RIGHT NOW; just way too slim pickings this year)...I just think there are more pressing needs, and I don't think Harris will add anything that the team needs right now. We have only 6 CB's for 3 positions...Cam Thomas is listed as a 7th rounder on most rankings (Thomas is #85 on SPARQ CB's; not that impressive), and I don't see that he's that special that I would use an early 6th round pick, but I'd probably be okay with him at pick #214, our last compensatory pick in the 6th round. They also signed Williams and Blackmon for DB and NB...and Lane will be coming back at some point. But 1- CB is fine. 1- DE is fine. We could lose Irvin in 2016, so getting 1-LB would be a good idea, but we don't need 2 LB's this year for sure.

So thus far, I would probably go 5 Defense, 6 Offense. So I would add one more DT...go with 2-DT, 1-DE, 1-CB, 1 -LB.

On offense, I wouldn't go with Halliday in the 6th round...he will most likely go undrafted, and being that he's been in WA State for the last 4 years, the Hawks might have a shot at signing him as a UDFA. There are a lot better 3rd string QB's we could find on the street that don't cost a draft pick. And his QB skills (zero running skills) also don't seem to be the right fit for the Hawks. Not so sure about Lippett at #112 (way too slow for a WR at 112)...you could get a much better receiver in Tyler Lockett, and he's ranked the #1 return guy in some rankings this year. A SPARQ beast like Chris Conley would also be a much better choice at #112. Even Ty Montgomery who also does KR/PR would be a better receiver and easily available at #112. Need more O-Line.....

justafan

Reaction score
My disagreement with Titan is his statement on not drafting an Olineman early because they are everywhere.The front office loves spending high picks on Olineman.I am not saying it willl happen this year but it should in my opinion.