Chancellor on the trading block?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Cary Williams is gone. Don't think Kam will hold out again.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I suspect the answe is a resounding No. However if he starts kvetching over his contract I could see the team off loading him as he sure didn't earn his top 3 for the position contract last season.

Any trade for him is unlikely to come early as Pete wants him to go to football school this offseason.

I very much doubt he will have his deal modified this offseason as well

Sterlinghawk

Reaction score
We've seen this movie before, haven't we?
Only the cast was Gary Payton, Shawn Kemp and Jim Mcilvane
Two young stars capture lightning in a bottle only to have one of them piss it away over somebody elses contract.
Earl had to be wondering, WTF Kam with that stupid holdout.

Kam earned a ticket out of town as far as I'm concerned. I'd take swapped seconds and a fourth all day

firebee

Reaction score
I don't endorse trading Kam Chancellor and the only way I see this trade being even somewhat considerable is if it's a draft day trade, but I don't see a 2nd round swap effecting who we'll take enough to justify trading Kam Chancellor for a 4th round pick and swapping picks. Would we get the same value out of the 2nd round pick as we get out of Kam Chancellor?

Sterlinghawk

Reaction score
I think that is the big question. What will Kam be worth this season. Will he be a malcontent if he doesn't get more money. If he gets everything he wants does he still have elite unique skills, and will he put them on the field. (Best case scenario)

Or

Is it a stronger move to trade him and make it clear holding out after 1 year of a 4 year deal is not going to be rewarded..

I think the bridge is burned and we need to infuse some more young hungry back there anyway. I loved me some Kam but he put himself before the team.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
massari":13pbw5j0 said:
Would've thought Chancellor alone would be worth a 2nd+4th. This is basically Chancellor for a 4th. I'd rather pay him a bit more money if this is the case.
This.

theENGLISHseahawk":13pbw5j0 said:
Looks like a totally baseless rumour to me -- with absolutely zero credibility.
And this.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
I have no problem trading Kam. He was a hard hitter and that takes a toll after awhile. I think that showed up last season. Add in the hold out and the possibility of another one this year and I think John and Pete will take any fair offer. Kam damaged, to at least some degree, his locker room leadership role with his hold out. Remember the twitter response from his fellow teammates telling him to come back and then coming back with nothing to show for it other than hurting the team. I really believe he tarnished what he built here.

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
I don't buy it, but I'd love to see it.

Kam is on the downhill slide. He was actually quite poor last year. Another year like that, and he will have very little value bc of that contract.

I think a good deal would be:

REDSKINS GET:
Chancellor
Seahawks 3rd Round Pick

SEAHAWKS GET:
Redskins 2nd & 5th Round Pick

Seahawks unload a bigger contract. Kelcie McCray steps in as the starter.

You now have 3 chances to find a starting OL, LB, and RB2 within the top 64 picks. That is very doable.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The thing people are forgetting on discussing trading Kam is that his new team would need to restructure his contract and pay him what he wants.

What team would do that, AND give up draft picks? Just doesn't seem likely a team willing to give Kam a higher salary and more guaranteed money, not with him being injured the past two years and not playing like he did in 2013.

If you're another team's GM, why would you do this?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":20ij1ogl said:
The thing people are forgetting on discussing trading Kam is that his new team would need to restructure his contract and pay him what he wants.

What team would do that, AND give up draft picks? Just doesn't seem likely a team willing to give Kam a higher salary and more guaranteed money, not with him being injured the past two years and not playing like he did in 2013.

Have you seen the ridiculous contracts being given to average players the last few days? There's always a sucker to be found.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I think this is a situation that only people on the inside really understand. If there is resentment than he will likely be traded. Seattle can't let on that we want to move on from him or the value will be diminished. We have to wait for offer to come to us. Although a wide range I think a 2nd to 4th round pick is fair value. I would be happy to move around and swap picks and players. We have a lot of draft picks this year so I don't believe we need to get straight up extra picks, and that just moving up in the 1st or 2nd round would be a big deal.

If we unload Kam I want Bennett and Baldwin to get locked up for a few more years.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
JSeahawks":lrtt1dc4 said:
Sgt. Largent":lrtt1dc4 said:

Have you seen the ridiculous contracts being given to average players the last few days? There's always a sucker to be found.

Yes, for young healthy potential type players............not for 28 year old safeties that are on the downhill side of their careers.

Look who's getting paid crazy money, it's guys like Irvin who teams still think could be on the upside. The veterans who are being traded aren't being given fat new contracts, it's lateral moves.......which again Kam isn't interested in.

If he's smart, he'd keep his mouth shut, play his ass off, stay healthy, have a great year and then he has all the leverage in the world next offseason to get another big deal, here or elsewhere.

Now? He's got no shot with how last year went down.

Seahawker86

Reaction score
Found this gem. I started a thread but it was deleted I forgot about this thread

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-03-11-15-13-52.png
    Screenshot_2016-03-11-15-13-52.png
    222.1 KB · Views: 671

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Is Incarcerated Bob still a thing?

Good grief.

Let's be right here. Teams had the combine to talk through trades and about 10 days after.

If Kam Chancellor was 'on the trading block' -- we'd know about it by now. He'd probably be gone.

Not one single reliable source has even suggested he's on the block.

thebanjodude

Reaction score
How can any self respecting Twitterer follow Incarcerated Bob?????!!!!!

Seahawker86

Reaction score
It's more for enjoyment and he is ALWAYD wrong. With everything he tweets about I'm taking a big bag of salt. Again, this wasn't HIS tweet just an answer

The purpose was if anyone heard anything else around Twitter or maybe a Redskins board. Ive asked a few people and they said they heard he was being shopped around but nothing concrete

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Sterlinghawk":3anvki5j said:
I think that is the big question. What will Kam be worth this season. Will he be a malcontent if he doesn't get more money. If he gets everything he wants does he still have elite unique skills, and will he put them on the field. (Best case scenario)

Or

Is it a stronger move to trade him and make it clear holding out after 1 year of a 4 year deal is not going to be rewarded..

I think the bridge is burned and we need to infuse some more young hungry back there anyway. I loved me some Kam but he put himself before the team.

I would say that I am in this camp. I still have a bad taste in my mouth because of the lack of discipline in the Cincy game. That would have been there had he who shall not be named been available. And he did not do spectacular when he came back anyway....ditch him.

chris98251

Reaction score
No credible links to this so it is locked as will any other threads that don't have a credible source,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts