chance that the week 17 game gets flexed into prime time sun

theseahawkguy

Reaction score
Any chance of that? If it is only for the division/ bye vs wildcard seed and effects nothing besides these two teams?

Or has fox already claimed it?

kidhawk

Reaction score
theseahawkguy":2zewhxfk said:
Any chance of that? If it is only for the division/ bye vs wildcard seed and effects nothing besides these two teams?

Or has fox already claimed it?

I don't believe any networks can block any games from moving to SNF week 17. That game is also not decided 12 days ahead like the rest of the regular season. After week 16 has ended, they find the best matchup with the most meaning and move that game to SNF. Obviously we could win or lose all 3 of our upcoming games and the niners could do the opposite making that game meaningless, so it's impossible to say anything for sure right now, but if it were held this Sunday, it would be a safe bet.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Barring an epic crash by one of the teams, I would almost guarantee this game will be flexed. I'm considering attending, and already changed my tickets to flying home Monday morning.

I've played with the playoff machine, and there are scenarios where this one game has the potential to effect the seeding of all teams except the 4 seed.

It is possible that you would have interest in the game from fans of GB, Min, and NO in addition to Sea and SF.

kidhawk

Reaction score
bigskydoc":3fsyee20 said:
Barring an epic crash by one of the teams, I would almost guarantee this game will be flexed. I'm considering attending, and already changed my tickets to flying home Monday morning.

I've played with the playoff machine, and there are scenarios where this one game has the potential to effect the seeding of all teams except the 4 seed.

It is possible that you would have interest in the game from fans of GB, Min, and NO in addition to Sea and SF.

I agree, I think it's very unlikely that a scenario that I mentioned above where one of us wins the next 3 while the other loses the next 3 takes place. I have thought this game would be likely to be flexed back when they took away our Eagles game. I still think it's the most likely scenario, just not 100% guaranteed.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Only other game of potential import is TEN-HOU.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Isn’t week 17 where they start all of the games with playoff teams or games that could have playoff implications at the same time?

JGreen79

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2w1ukx6w said:
Isn’t week 17 where they start all of the games with playoff teams or games that could have playoff implications at the same time?

I could be wrong, but I think they do this when the outcome of one game, could make another game pointless.

Just for an example: Lets say NFC east comes down to Dal sitting at 8-7 and Phi sitting at 7-8.

The games are. Dal vs Was and Phi vs NYG. With Phi having the tie breaker over Dal.

They would move both games to the same time slot.

As for SF @ Sea, even though it may impact seeding for other teams or even a NO win earlier clinches them the 1 seed. If the game is a winner takes the division kind of thing I would believe they moce it to Sun day night.

On the other hand, if SF, NO, GB, and Sea are all sitting at 3 losses. I can totally see them playing all three games at the same time and having Hou vs Ten on Sunday night.

tldr; I really have not idea what the NFL would do... I'm just hoping its on Sun night

Polaris

Reaction score
Maulbert":3n6gfzb8 said:
Anyone remember when they flexed the 6-9 Seahawks and 7-8 Rams? :lol:

I do and I remember the national rage about it until people watched the game. It was one of the best games of the season in terms of pure entertainment and hard nosed football that year, and of course people stopped laughing at Seattle the following week......

Polaris

Reaction score
As for our game vs San Fran being flexed, I almost guarantee it. Baring a situation where one team or the other unexpectedly crashes making the NFCW moot (highly unlikely), our last game has the potential of the winning team getting the #1 or #2 seed and the losing team being the locked in #5 seed. Hugely important and raw meat for the media types.