Catch area

lukerguy

Reaction score
penihawk":nevirbeb said:
Basic physics aside, Justin Hunter had 9 TD's last year on a bad team when against good competition. 6 of the 9 came against Georgia State and Troy so unless your gonna get him in the 4th round I will pass. One year of major college football does not make a polished route runner or a NFL wr.

:229031_cheers:

Good point.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
penihawk":4exnuhsh said:
Basic physics aside, Justin Hunter had 9 TD's last year on a bad team when against good competition. 6 of the 9 came against Georgia State and Troy so unless your gonna get him in the 4th round I will pass. One year of major college football does not make a polished route runner or a NFL wr.

That is why most teams project players... Tim Ruskell didn't .... He got fired.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I get what you're saying luker.....some guys catch better at full extension than others, thus giving you a better catch radius.

The only metric they've been able to put on "good hands" is hand size, which isn't exact. The intangible I've heard many times for this is "concentration".

I haven't scouted either player, but some guys can catch the ball farther away from the body than others, and it has nothing to do with hand size. I don't know a metric that measures hand-eye coordination.

Latest posts