Carpenter to start @ LG on Sunday

jlwaters1

Reaction score
I'm excited for Carpenter this weekend. He's played a lot this year, I'd really like to see him play well and grab the job permanently. I remember last year in SF, him playing and bulldozing Justin Smith in the running game. Hopefully, the running game game can step up like it was going before the Minn. game.

http://www.seahawks.com/news/articles/a ... 856aedcd36

Laloosh

Reaction score
jlwaters1":3l20156w said:
I'm excited for Carpenter this weekend. He's played a lot this year, I'd really like to see him play well and grab the job permanently. I remember last year in SF, him playing and bulldozing Justin Smith in the running game. Hopefully, the running game game can step up like it was going before the Minn. game.

Think we plan to run the ball?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":3s0s4wz6 said:
Think we plan to run the ball?

I'm sure Carroll & Bevell are not happy with the production of our running game against the Saints, despite the fact that we smacked dat ass pretty hard.

KK84

Reaction score
jlwaters1":102i5zid said:

Nice. He did a number on Cowboy last time around.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Carpenter is a GREAT run blocker. If he could become just decent in pass protection he'd be a very good all around guard. I'm just not sure he's ever going to get where he needs to be in pass protection but I'll hold out hope as long as he's on the team

j hawk

Reaction score
I think Carp has improved at pass pro. Yes I hope he leaves his "cape" at home.

jblaze

Reaction score
Put him between our Pro Bowlers Okung and Unger and he'll be just fine. He may need a little help in pass pro from time to time and those guys can chip once in a while.

In run blocking, that side will be lethal.

hawker84

Reaction score
I'm happy about the move, especially with the starters back in there next to him.. I think he'll do just fine.

jblaze

Reaction score
His deal has always been conditioning and effort. Hopefully if they incentivize him by giving him the starting nod, it might give him confidence and that is a powerful thing.

edit: I would argue that his play down the stretch and in the playoffs determines if we draft a guard in the draft going forward, perhaps with a high pick.

BillHawks

Reaction score
KK84":iqotopsr said:
jlwaters1":iqotopsr said:

Nice. He did a number on Cowboy last time around.

Yup. Carp is one of the few guys in the NFL that can handle Smith, mostly due to his size. Smith can't use his patented move if he can't get his arm around the guy.

Pie Romania

Reaction score
If we come away with the win this week, I hope we get to see Alvin Bailey get the starting nod for a game or two. Whenever he's been in, he's looked great in both pass protection & run blocking. I know he's an UDFA Rookie, but the guy is talented and I think he is much more well rounded than Carpenter. Slight dip maybe in run-blocking (negligible), but already better in pass-pro. If he's not starting next year at RG with Sweezy backing him up, then something's wrong.

Axx

Reaction score
Not a huge fan of carp in pass blocking
Hopefully he has improved in that area

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
kidhawk":hjnglq2u said:
Carpenter is a GREAT run blocker. If he could become just decent in pass protection he'd be a very good all around guard. I'm just not sure he's ever going to get where he needs to be in pass protection but I'll hold out hope as long as he's on the team

His second-level blocking isn't quite there yet, but has shown progress. His first level blocks are almost unstoppable.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Pie Romania":3r99g1r0 said:
If we come away with the win this week, I hope we get to see Alvin Bailey get the starting nod for a game or two. Whenever he's been in, he's looked great in both pass protection & run blocking. I know he's an UDFA Rookie, but the guy is talented and I think he is much more well rounded than Carpenter. Slight dip maybe in run-blocking (negligible), but already better in pass-pro. If he's not starting next year at RG with Sweezy backing him up, then something's wrong.

I'd like to see both Bailey and Bowie get PT, but not until we've mathematically locked home-field advantage.

Latest posts