Carolina's Talent Offload Begins (Anderson to Cards)...Burns to Hawks next?

LeveeBreak

Reaction score
Anderson Traded to Cards

Been on the fence about giving up a 1st for Burns...but think it makes sense. He is a proven player and less risk than the potential whif. I know our history of splash trades that do not pan out, but I think this one has a strong chance of working out. he's not a diva and is 24 yrs old. Carolina may want to keep him as a foundational player or ask for too much. But he makes the most sense at this point.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Why do you think we are buyers this year? We aren't one player away from a run so getting a "rent-a-player" makes no sense.

Carolina isn't going to part with young talent with good locker room rep and a solid long term contract. They are going to dump bad salaries and cancers.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I appreciate the optimism but no. It has never worked for us trading 1st round picks for players.
And as Mad Dog said, I don't think this team are buyers this year either. We're all pleasantly surprised with Geno, and the D had a good game yesterday, but overall this is a rebuilding club. Let's use that draft capitol on college players

JPatera76

Reaction score
1 theres a post already about anderson the cards, and 2 this is more NFL Nation sub forum related than seahawks related.
"oh but its seahawks related because x team has this player that seattle might want" .. still not seahawks related. its not seattle having the fire sale.

OP
OP
LeveeBreak

LeveeBreak

Reaction score
Like I said...have been on the fence for reasons noted. But "if" we could get him for a #1, I'd pull the trigger with the intention of signing him long term.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I seriously hope they don’t give up a first, you still don’t know if geno is any sort of answer and this class appears to be loaded at QB. I would be shocked if Seattle moved any of their first or second round picks. Almost zero chance it happens

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Why do you think we are buyers this year? We aren't one player away from a run so getting a "rent-a-player" makes no sense.

Carolina isn't going to part with young talent with good locker room rep and a solid long term contract. They are going to dump bad salaries and cancers.

Agree somewhat, however being tied for first in week 7 is an intriguing place to be

Feel free to judge the team based on results rather than preconceived notions

Not that many NFC teams heads above Seattle right now are there?

Latest posts