Cannot start slow like last year's playoffs....

JonRud

Reaction score
Last year we trailed the Redskins 14-0 after the 1st quarter and trailed the Falcons 20-0 at halftime.

Amazingly we took the lead in both of these games, but that it not a good recipe for success.

The Hawks need to come out sharp in the 1st quarter and take a lead. If they can get up 10-0 early the Saints are going to start to press & panic ["oh no just like last time"] and then the Hawks can step on them.

Please don't fall behind early again and give them hope....

jblaze

Reaction score
I think as of late they've fixed a lot of that slowness to start the game stuff. I think they'll be pretty pumped up and should come out trying to run the ball hard like the usually do. Points won't flow to start but we should stay on schedule a bit better.

I think the Saints come out running also and with the rythym passing game to start as well. We'll both kind of be feeling each other out in the first quarter I would expect.

I expect our defense, on the other hand, to be on point from the get go. Those guys have been lights out the past few games and I just see them gaining confidence more and more.

sutz

Reaction score
Those were road games, at 10am. I think they'll start out better at home.

rjdriver

Reaction score
The 12's won't allow them to start slow.

Time for Miller and Baldwin to come up big on third downs. No more consecutive three and outs.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
sutz":i2jr1aaa said:
Those were road games, at 10am. I think they'll start out better at home.

The Atlanta game was 10am.

The Washington game was at 1:40pm, approximately the same start time as our upcoming game against the Saints.

I do think the homefield will help with the slow starts, though.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
JonRud":1usrgip4 said:
Last year we trailed the Redskins 14-0 after the 1st quarter and trailed the Falcons 20-0 at halftime.

Amazingly we took the lead in both of these games, but that it not a good recipe for success.

The Hawks need to come out sharp in the 1st quarter and take a lead. If they can get up 10-0 early the Saints are going to start to press & panic ["oh no just like last time"] and then the Hawks can step on them.

Please don't fall behind early again and give them hope....
I totally agree.

It's the MOMENTUM that the Taints are going to be striving for, and if they can dictate the pace, they're going to try and keep the Seahawks out of sync, and stifle them from making any leisurely in game adjustments.
It could wind up being, that the Seahawks running game isn't going to be enough to help, if Breese gets any kind of rhythm going.
I believe you are correct here, in that the Seahawks would be wise to build a substantial lead from the get-go, and build a cushion.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, oh well, it is what it is. May as well enjoy the ride, it's gonna' be a tough game regardless. It's the playoffs, that's how it works.

jblaze

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3p98s5v9 said:
Yet another thread started about being worried. It never ends

Right. Extreme optimism, 77-0 blowout predictions or GTFO! :34853_doh:

ZephyrHawk

Reaction score
Even at home at several times this year, we have had slow starts - case in point (Tampa Bay, Arizona). We tend to take a bit of time to warm up; whats interesting though - the first series with scripted plays don't seem to play out all that well.

Is the script too predictable from Bevell and co?

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":10zm0aot said:
Yet another thread started about being worried. It never ends
Yet another post from one fan telling other fans how to feel. Big surprise.

I like our team's chances to not fall behind early because the defense is so damned tough. I do have concerns about the offense not doing much early as has been the case the last several games. Hopefully playing against a defense that isn't as tough as the last 4 Seattle's played against will help get the O going right off the bat.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Yeah, if we start slow and get behind it will be very tough to come back against a team like the Saints.

OP
OP
JonRud

JonRud

Reaction score
Seaswab":3oguvk4m said:
Both games were 10Am starts last year.

No that is not true. The Redskins game was played on Sunday at 4:30pm ET / 1:30pm PT. The first game that day was Colts at Ravens.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
This time Russell is playing a playoff game in his house! That's a big deal. It all hinges on he and Lynch getting things fired up early!

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
The slow start in Atlanta was more due to mistakes versue the offense not moving the ball. IIRC, Beastmode fumbled on our 1st or 2nd series after getting through the intial wave and was into Falcon territory. There was a fourth down gamble that fialed in scoring territory and screwed up clock management at the end of the half costing points.
Last year was the first time in the playoffs for a lot of our guys. Between the extra year of experience and being at home, I think we come out a lot better. Remember at this time last year our run defense wasn't anywhere near as good as it is right now. Running the ball allowed the Skins and Falcons to get early momentum.

Latest posts