can we all agree

BlueThunder

Reaction score
And we shouldn't worry about what fans think. It's not like we're gonna make any difference. I hope that every player on our team is thinking the way BFS is. Anything less would be unacceptable. To those guys, losing should NOT be an option!

Riley12

Reaction score
Twisted":1xf4mwkm said:
I say we take that pressure off and let em know no matter what happens from here on out they are our team and everything from here on out is icing on the cake!

Uh...They are always my team no matter what. I haven't survived 36 years of ups and downs to give up on them
because of the outcome of one game or season. I want a win on Sunday just like I want a win EVERY Sunday.
A win will brighten my day and week like it always does. A loss will send me into a pit of despair like it always does.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Riley12":2rs1dc55 said:
A loss will send me into a pit of despair like it always does.

THAT'S where I recognize you from!! Knew I had seen you somewhere.

ArrogantShawn

Reaction score
This was a great season! I jumped on the Seattle "bandwagon" back during the offseason, and so far the team hasn't let me down. What really cemented my love for them though was when they brought in Russell Wilson(swoon).

I'm a Dallas fan by birthright, but trust me, your team is good. The only game I thought the Seahawks played poorly was back in week 2 :34853_doh:

OP
OP
Twisted

Twisted

Reaction score
bestfightstory":uew99pd5 said:
HELL NO!!!!

We most definitely CANNOT all agree on that.

If we lose this game it is a failure and it highlights the failure to secure home-field advantage and a march to the Super Bowl.

If we lose this Sunday I won't be here to beat that drum but I will definitely say that loud and clear today. This season is a FAILURE without a victory on Sunday. And I don't give a shit what any if you think. I'm certain I would have the agreement of Pete Carroll and a majority of the Seattle Seahawks.

This thread is an embarrassment.

Loserville mentality.

is this a fishing expedition or are we to believe you honestly feel Seahawks management and coaching staff feel this season is a complete failure if they don't win a wild card game and the superbowl?

WT? no one goes into a game thinking they are going to lose especially in a single single elimination tournament playoff, making it to the semi finals is an accomplishment in itself, even Carrol is mature enough to know that, calling for heads when a team doesn't win the superbowl is arrogant and immature, 31 teams aren't going to win the superbowl, you can't say out of those 32 teams only one team was good enough to be the champion, it just doesn't work that way under the current format, maybe in a double elimination format or round robin tournament you can separate the wheel from the chair, but not with this current format..

if the Hawks don't win the superbowl or the NFC title that doesn't mean they weren't good enough or didn't deserve it and that goes for at least 12 other teams in the league, at least, the bowl game is more of a crap shoot than a defining championship, just ask the redskins or da bears, you only have to win at the right time just to make the playoffs and not all teams that make the playoffs are monsters, your schedule has a lot to do with that...

the Seattle Seahawks 2012 campaign was a huge success and its still moving forward, the excitement and exhilaration they brought game after game was unparalleled, all 20 of em, with a season like this post season wins are just icing on the cake, the 2012 Seattle Seahawks are already champions as far as I'm concerned, the rest is just football fodder to me.. ;)

OP
OP
Twisted

Twisted

Reaction score
also, no one was saying they should let off on the throttle, its more an acknowledgement of their accomplishments against all odds and to say that no matter what happens from here on out the Seahawks did represent and are already a formidable team, as formidable as any other team in the league and I think most other teams and players would agree with that statement..

loserville mentality is when you feel a team has to "win it all" to gain respect or gratification even after they went 10-0 at home and already beat some of the best teams in the league, with a rookie quarterback at that...

I have to ask, did the Seahawks let you down in superbowl XL or?

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I love this season, it completely reminds me of the 2003 season, when the Hawks were on the way up to their 2005 peak. They were 10-6 and took GB to overtime in a game that nobody will forget the ending to from the wildcard spot on the road.

The difference is the band-aids. In 2003, Holmy was looking for senior vets with experience to make up a percentage of the team. This team has been built with youthful, talented and extremely physical players.

I was satisfied that the 2003 team went to the playoffs and made a showing. It made for a lot of expectations that were not met in 2004 because the band-aids weren't good enough. Lost some heartbreakers, including the wildcard game.

This team, if they are even eliminated will not regress. They will compete with an even more improved Wilson. This just isn't a sophomore slump guy. Not because of his physical skills, but because of the head on his shoulders.

The Seahawks are playing with house money at this point and that makes it more fun than ever. These are good days Bro's, We will never get them back, so enjoy it while you can. The best part of getting to the top is the ride up.

chris98251

Reaction score
If Flynn had been the starter game one and we got here and let down and lost then yes it would have been a letdown.

With Wilson and his growth and our success everything going forward is bonus money and will just add to this teams legacy going forward.

OP
OP
Twisted

Twisted

Reaction score
I tend to separate regular season and post season, I mean I can think of a certain season where the Seahawks picked off the world champions at home in post season but I was far from impressed by their regular season play, or record for that matter..

the 2012 regular season is in the bag and you can't take anything away from the Seahawks..