Calling on .NET braintrust about Jermaine Kearse...

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Schadie001":32omh3qc said:
JSeahawks":32omh3qc said:
I'm in the camp that he sucks. He seems to do everything really well except catch the ball, which unfortunatly for him is the primary job of a receiver in teh NFL.

But, i'm a Duck, so i'm biased. All i know is that everytime i watched Husky games he was good for a drop or two. Of course, now that he's a Seahawk i'm hoping he's the 2nd coming of Brian Blades.

Funny, cuz his team mates say he has the best hands on the team...
His actual pass catching history suggests otherwise. He isn't worried about getting whacked in practice, in a real game those passes right in his numbers have had a funny way of hitting the ground. Make an errant throw, however, and Kearse has shown a knack for the spectacular. Concentration is the issue.

Rose City Hawk

Reaction score
Looked pretty good with the exception of the post/corner route he blew in the end zone in this video of UW vs Baylor in the Alamo Bowl in 2011.

[youtube]buMpx9K-PMY[/youtube]

Tical21

Reaction score
Outstanding at going up and getting the ball. Also he always created separation quite easily. He found himself open often. Had some trouble hanging on to the slants, but he was coordinated, so I think it was more of a concentration thing than a fundamental thing. 15 TD's one year I if I remember right. 2nd best WR stats wise in UW History. Not as bad as many here are saying. I actually had him penciled as a pro from day one because he can go up an get it.

12evanf

Reaction score
Creating separation definitely is his big thing. Pretty reliable, sometimes drops the ball, and a skilled special teams guy. Man, that sounds like Obo 2.0. The kid played local high school and college ball though and that alone makes me root twice as hard for him.

chawx

Reaction score

Basis4day

Reaction score
Some guys just play better at the pro-level (Richard Sherman) than they did in college.

Let's see what he does... AND NOT CRUCIFY HIM IF HES NOT ALL-PRO AFTER ONE GAME

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Basis4day":3lhl4zob said:
Some guys just play better at the pro-level (Richard Sherman) than they did in college.

Let's see what he does... AND NOT CRUCIFY HIM IF HES NOT ALL-PRO AFTER ONE GAME
party pooper :domotwak:

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
I don't think we will see a lot of Kearse on offense this week with Baldwin now ready to go.

I think we'll see Kearse in on special teams and probably 10-12 snaps on offense.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
I haven't seen anyone crucify him at all. In college, he had trouble with the drops, aside from JSeahawks(A Oregon fan) everyone has been honest and pretty complimentary.

Basis4day

Reaction score
seahawk2k":2yinqmac said:
I haven't seen anyone crucify him at all. In college, he had trouble with the drops, aside from JSeahawks(A Oregon fan) everyone has been honest and pretty complimentary.

Im talking any player we have acquired if they don't immediately have an impact because they're are those on this board who expect every player to be all pro regardless of experience or ability or parity.

Many people on this board have most definitely gone after Bruce Irvin, Russell Okung, James Carpenter, Golden Tate, Russell Wilson, Sidney Rice, Zac Miller, JR Sweezy, Jason Jones, and Brandon Browner because they don't have the patience for players to actually develop or acclimate to our system or the NFL in general. Very similar to this summer when people expected Brian Banks to make our team and become a starter. :34853_doh:

If we lose, and Kearse doesn't catch a TD, go for 100 yards, or god forbid drop a ball you can damn well expect pitchforks by certain members on this board.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
12evanf":24q5tnho said:
Creating separation definitely is his big thing. Pretty reliable, sometimes drops the ball, and a skilled special teams guy. Man, that sounds like Obo 2.0. The kid played local high school and college ball though and that alone makes me root twice as hard for him.

This seems to be the aspect of the game that Russell would like to see more of. Russ can get rid of the ball very quickly when he sees a WR or TE get a step on the Defense.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Greenhell":2s45az37 said:
Wait a second, .net has a brain trust? :sarcasm_off:
Yah, like we're spose to TRUST that somewun here on .NET to have a brane?

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Sounds more and more like he'll be another Lockette/Tate. Make a couple impressive freak catches, get people all excited, fade for three weeks, then make a couple more impressive freak catches, stoke the enthusiasm, fade for three more weeks, make a couple more impressive freak catches...

Hawkadeus

Reaction score
The negativity/cynicysm/degrading epople on this site bring towards fringe & role players is baffling. Like the Obo thread and people calling him a bust and a bum. How on earth is it that certain fans do not understan that every player on a roster is not expected to be all world? It baffles me that the concept of backups and role players is entirely lost on some people.

Latest posts