C Mike traded to Dallas for Conditional 7th rounder

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
425HawkSpark":2hjvk0lm said:
I hope he can't pick up a block and let's romo get killed, or fumbles so much Dallas has to bench him, rather see that then him kill it and Seahawks look stupid. I rather a fifth and him tank the Cowboys than see him hoist a Lombardi.
Hope the first part of your post is spot on. There still is no D in *allas, and their special teams are horrible.
I hope he and Dezzy don't get along and there is friction.

Fade

Reaction score
C-Mike is going to get to run 3 yards passed the line of scrimmage before he is even touched. Then he will get to use his explosive athleticism to make things happen. :pukeface:

He is the perfect fit for that team.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Seventh round pick? That's it? What a loss on our original investment.

massari

Reaction score
HawkFan72":ohx5kx9y said:
Let the rage begin:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/640567927935238144[/tweet]

So why the hell didn't they trade him to a non contending team like the Browns/Jags/Raiders ect ?

No other team wanted a potential stud like Michael for a 7th rounder?

I find that hard to believe.

iigakusei

Reaction score
massari":3nwx8hue said:
HawkFan72":3nwx8hue said:
Let the rage begin:

So why the hell didn't they trade him to a non contending team like the Browns/Jags/Raiders ect ?

No other team wanted a potential stud like Michael for a 7th rounder?

I find that hard to believe.
Because no other team thinks he is a potential stud?

olyfan63

Reaction score
If true that he goes to Dallas, I'm expecting Ahman Green, Part 2, and Beastmode, Part 2.
We'll either find out that he has legit talent and just didn't get the opportunity, or we'll find out he actually does suck, overall.

CMike does actually excel at the running-the-ball part of the NFL RB job, but has sucked or been below average at other important parts, e.g., blocking and ball security. He also seems to be less than stellar on understanding plays and assignments at times, runs through the wrong holes, etc.

I seem to recall that Seattle had a running back a few years back, an excellent runner who averaged around 5 yards a carry, in his two best seasons. Early in his career, this RB had issues in pass blocking, had an occasional fumble, and wasn't always the best pass receiver. Because a more experienced RB was starting in front of him, and the holes in his game, he didn't get a whole lot of carries his first year, but started getting more the second year. He did average 4.9 that first season, but tailed off to only 4.3 YPC the next year as the featured back. This RB did improve significantly on pass blocking and receiving later in his career. His career YPC with Seattle was about 4.4 yards. This back was, at times, criticized for his personality, for seeming lack of killer instinct, for seeming to be smiling and having fun all the time, when it seemed like he should be more serious about things. This RB was at time criticized for his running style, for not struggling for the extra yard, and ducking hard hits.

You all know who I'm talking about.

Not saying Christine Michael is the 2nd coming of Shaun Alexander, but there are some parallels, in the issues in pass blocking and receiving his first few years. Shaun Alexander was a flawed back in several ways in the early part of his career, but he wound up doing alright in Seattle.

Later in Alexander's career, after he got paid and seemed to change, the haters came out. Articles said Alexander didn't understand the play calls and never had in 8 years in Seattle, that he didn't run through the right holes, etc. If accurate, CMike would have that in common with Shaun also.

By the way, there was another RB from a team on the East coast, who was known for off-field incidents, legal troubles, who got traded to a team on the West coast. In the first season with his new West coast team, "This RB "carried the ball 165 times for just 573 yards, averaging a lowly 3.5 yards per rush. He was benched after fumbling twice in one quarter in Week 11. He was taken out out of the starting lineup for a Week 17 play-in victory over the a division rival, during which he fumbled for the third time; he fumbled again in the opening round of the playoffs."
During the first six games of the next season, this back "carried the ball 74 times for a total of just 263 yards, keeping his rushing average at a paltry 3.6 yards per attempt. He fumbled in consecutive starts against the Giants and Bengals, turning over the ball on both occasions."

Y'all know who I'm talking about? This is part of the bio of none other than Marshawn Lynch. More of his bio, which the quoted parts are excerpts of, is here: http://grantland.com/features/marshawn- ... e-evolved/
A great quote from that article, on Lynch:
"In four years, he managed to go from first-round pick to troubled afterthought, and in the subsequent four years, he’s gone from malcontent to superstar. Predicting the future of veteran NFL running backs is often a fool’s errand."

A fool's errand indeed. I hate the thought of seeing CMike light it up in a Cowgirls uniform. I'm afraid that's what would be most likely to happen.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":3mltxbm4 said:
Siouxhawk":3mltxbm4 said:
I wonder what was going on behind the scenes there? Thinking we came out a bit thin in that transaction
I wouldn't question JS and Pete. They have tons of experience and we don't.

Back at ya! [emoji13]
Well ... they do. Didn't say they were infallible. For this year though, wouldn't you rather have Freddy than C-Mike?

v1rotv2

Reaction score
Bob Loblaw":3umx6o9w said:
A 6th at best , this is a player who had never done one thing. I doubt anyone is giving a 4th for him. Anquan Boldin was for a 6th

Bob, you are so right. CM has shown that he is all potential and nothing else. And I think with his lack of production it's a wonder why anyone would trade for with anything more than a 6th round pick. If JS got a 5th for him that would be great.

The dude has 1 good run for every ten attempts and poeple go nuts over him.

Fade

Reaction score
Bprez3":5ryg4qt3 said:
Really doesn't matter what we got. We have not gotten anything from him in the past two seasons. Fred Jackson signing becomes official in 3....2.....1

He never got the chance. He will in Dallas.

bigwrm

Reaction score
I gave up on Michael this preseason. Kept holding out hope that he would figure it out, but it just never happened. He has all the talent in the world but absolutely zero football smarts, which isn't going to get you far on this team. I'm glad he's going to a great situation. He'll definitely bust some big runs with all the holes Dallas' o-line will open up, but rooting for c-mike is equal parts exhilaration and frustration.

Tical21

Reaction score
Maybe we sent him to Dallas in an attempt to poison the waters.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
rainger":2zownyo7 said:

LOL at "conditional" 7th Rounder.

What a worthless pick . . . "the next Adrian Petersen." :34853_doh:

Tical21":2zownyo7 said:
Maybe we sent him to Dallas in an attempt to poison the waters.

Yup, their dumbass play rate just went up.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
olyfan63":148laqul said:
A fool's errand indeed. I hate the thought of seeing CMike light it up in a Cowgirls uniform. I'm afraid that's what would be most likely to happen.

Maybe so but what do you do? It's more foolish to keep a player who hasnt done anything for 3 years because you are scared he might do something elsewhere. You play the hand you are dealt and let others worry about what they are holding.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Tical21":p9fbrfrs said:
So when Marshawn wins a Super Bowl this season and retires, I guess it's Rawls time? We go overnight from a team thought to have some of the best RB depth in the league to a team with basically none going forward. Unless you REALLY buy into the Fred Jackson thing.

Maybe we're going to throw it 40 times per game next year :3-1:

MysterMatt

Reaction score
I get the concern over the Dallas O-Line, but will that suddenly cure all Michael's other issues? I think not. He just doesn't have enough between the ears, which means for every big play he makes, he'll make several bad ones. So long, Christine.

What bugs me is that this is another low return on high draft capital. Yes, I know we've had some awesome pics. I'm just saying I regret not getting more out of this one.

Jville

Reaction score
There were 30 other teams that had a shot at Michael.

He had plenty of opportunity thru 3 training camps and two seasons.

Time for someone else to take a shot at coaching him.

Seventh round is apparently his current market trade value.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":2f473rl2 said:
Gave him away to the best O-line in the league.

Not bothered to lose MIchael, giving him to the Cowboys though? Ouch.

IDK about the best Oline in the league if preseason is a fraction of a insight. The Vikings Dline manhandled the cowboys Oline this preseason and there are better Dlines than the Vikings

Fade

Reaction score
Laloosh":skddgi98 said:
Tical21":skddgi98 said:
So when Marshawn wins a Super Bowl this season and retires, I guess it's Rawls time? We go overnight from a team thought to have some of the best RB depth in the league to a team with basically none going forward. Unless you REALLY buy into the Fred Jackson thing.

Maybe we're going to throw it 40 times per game next year :3-1:

Nope 50. Have to prove RW is better than Luck, and volume passing stats are all that matter when comparing QBs.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Not saying I'm going to miss CMike on our bench, but I just picked him up in my fantasy leagues.