BYU at Washington

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Browning outside of the grounding penalty pretty much played flawless.
Nice to see. Still don’t think he can win the big game against the playoff teams.
Prove me wrong Jake! :2thumbs:

D

DomeHawk

Thoughts from the game: (Rarely does a game go like I thought it would.)

1. TV does not come close to the actual sounds of the game, the D, especially the LB's, were delivering some serious pops yesterday, everyone around us noted that they were the loudest in years.

2. Jake Browning AND the receivers put on an absolute clinic on how to attack a zone. It was Jake '16, he had zip on the ball, accuracy, and most of all, intelligence. The receivers knew EXACTLY where they needed to be, very impressive.

3. The O-line was great, they gave Jake all the time he needed and were effective run blocking also.

4. I also can't say enough about the TE's either, those off-tackle TD runs were set up by their blocks. They were effective in the pass game also, that one where Drew Sample caught a pass and ran in for a TD was a QB scramble play. They also blocked well for the WR's and were able to draw defenders out of zones at times.

5. Running backs: Both Gaskin and Salvon Ahmed were very patient, neither tried to do more than what the defense gave them. Their athleticism is duly noted but there was something different yesterday, especially in Salvon a certain maturity is emerging.

5. D-line: What was it? 37 yds rushing? Against that huge line? They are getting better every week.

6. DB's: We all want INT's for validation that they are a great defensive backfield but they will come. Even though their QB completed a high percentage of passes they were well contained and every deep ball was contested. Here's a crazy stat you may never see again: the two QB's combined for 90% of their combined passes completed! That's bizarre!

7. Game plan: Thing of beauty, both sides of the ball, once they figured out what BYU's game plan was it was all over.

I know some people will chalk this off to an inferior team BUT things could have went much different if we had went into the locker room 14-7 or even tied at 14-14. The fumble at the end of the 2nd qtr. really changed things.

This was the first time this year that the Huskies looked like they could be a playoff team or anything resembling the '16 team. This was a real team effort and it was evident that not only do they have great athleticism but this is turning into a VERY disciplined squad. I don't want to jump to any conclusions because they are still a work in progress, but the simple fact that they are improving every week is pretty cool. IT"S GREAT TO BE A HUSKY!!!

Now - GO SEAHAWKS!!!

D

DomeHawk

Sports Hernia":35zsu1an said:
Browning outside of the grounding penalty pretty much played flawless.
Nice to see. Still don’t think he can win the big game against the playoff teams.
Prove me wrong Jake! :2thumbs:

Honestly, I just don't think we have the roster, don't know that we ever will in the modern age.