Bryan Mone . . . Out of the blue.

McGruff

Reaction score
Did some film review on Bryan Mone, who literally came out of no where to make the roster. Never heard of him, even through OTAs and TC.

Then he was taking first team snaps in preseason games and standing out.

Strong leverage player. Stays low and strong with good base.

He doesnt win, but he doesnt lose. Immovable. Strong.

Plays both gaps well when being blocker. Can shed to either side if the ball carrier comes near.

Makes tackles while being blocked.

Looks long limbed. Lots of tipped passes in college.

Hustles through the play, making plays downfield.

Interesting player. Dirty work guy. Reminds me of what we thought Reed would be, before Reed became better than most thought.

sutz

Reaction score
Sounds like he and Poona are two of a kind.

And that would be a good thing.

:snack:

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Certainly not small at 6’3”, 366 lbs, 34” arms. He seems very stout against blocking and he clogs up the middle.

Watching him when he played in the preseason, he looked hard to move.

My thought was he outplayed almost all the other NTs and I thought he’d make the team.

He’s the only UDFA on the 53 from this year’s class.

To me he didn’t look like a fatty, as the college combine profiles guardedly regarded him to be.

After a season competing in a pro weights program this kid could be a special find, like Poona.

Jville

Reaction score
He immediately boosts the response to heavy run packages and goal line defense.

The prospects for a no run zone between the tackles likely takes a big step forward.

Linebackers have got to be excited about Bryan More keeping them clean.

sutz

Reaction score
Ruminator":2x63cmlx said:
McGruff":2x63cmlx said:
Plays both gaps well when being blocker.

Curious how a defensive player blocks. Or was Mone used on offense in the past?
Typo. "Blocked" ;)

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Would like to see him actually get some movement once or twice though. He's a constant stalemate, which is both good and bad. Problem is he's seemingly too big to not get some movement at least here and there. He probably needs to lose weight to be more useful.

OP
OP
McGruff

McGruff

Reaction score
vin.couve12":1dy4nd8w said:
Would like to see him actually get some movement once or twice though. He's a constant stalemate, which is both good and bad. Problem is he's seemingly too big to not get some movement at least here and there. He probably needs to lose weight to be more useful.

I would agree. That's kind of what I meant by he doesnt win, but he doesnt lose.

I think he needs more upper body strength. His anchor is good, but doesnt tranfer that to power.

kf3339

Reaction score
McGruff":39bk10mi said:
vin.couve12":39bk10mi said:

I would agree. That's kind of what I meant by he doesnt win, but he doesnt lose.

I think he needs more upper body strength. His anchor is good, but doesnt tranfer that to power.

That's what the back of the roster is for IMO. He is on the official 53 roster, but probably not the game day roster very much this season. Kinda like what they did with Poona last season. A season of Pro Football weight room and proper diet could really help this kid.

A-Dog

Reaction score
He doesn't really get moved but also you don't see him anticipating or getting off blocks

Good for making piles but not so much for making plays. Useful, with upside - agree he could benefit from a professional diet/fitness program and some more upper-body strength and shed technique

chris98251

Reaction score
Not getting moved is his job, when you can close two to three lanes by not being moved you make the rest of the offense more predictable, he's not about pursuit, not about sacks, or even a lot of tackles because they don't go there.

sutz

Reaction score
Being an anchor is great, but even on goal line situations, movement and penetration can be a positive.

But like was said, he might be the 3rd/4th DT in the rotation anyway.

orca

Reaction score
My guess is that Mone will head for the Practice Squad once Jarran Reed gets back.

Latest posts