BREAKING NEWS: Percy Harvin Traded to Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

pocketprotector

Reaction score
If your wife had an affair, would you tell 50 of your coworkers. Why do people assume that coworkers wouldn't spread and believe false rumors?

HansGruber

Reaction score
kearly":1hgo0b1g said:
hawknation2014":1hgo0b1g said:
The players believed it? Uhhhh, what player believed this ridiculous and insulting rumor about Russell Wilson, Golden Tate, and Wilson's soon-to-be-ex-wife? Everyone in the know who has been willing to comment on it has shot it down as the ridiculous rumor it is. For people to continue to propagate it is simply disrespectful to everyone involved.

PM Hans Gruber, who heard it personally from a player himself about the state of the locker room on this rumor. There were a few other sources that reported this as well.

Again, this doesn't mean the Tate rumor itself is true. Read that again and again until that sinks in.

About a week before the Superbowl, before media week in NYC, before the divorce was ever announced. Breno Giacomini was in Joeys in Bellevue hanging out with friends, a few tables away from us, when a clip of Tate was shown on the TVs in the bar while they were talking about the Superbowl. One of those Sportscenter loops that they play endlessly. Breno yelled out the phrase "wife f-word-er!!". Loud enough for us to hear him a few tables away.

The next time I was at Joey's, I brought it up to the bartender, who said he heard the same jokes and rumors from Lockette and a few of the other WRs that hang out there. He said he asked Lockette about Tate going to Detroit after he signed with the Lions, and that Lockette laughed at Tate for bragging about a huge contract offer from Seattle earlier in the season and said he got "iced out" by Russell. If you've ever met the bartenders in Joeys, they are not the type of people who would fabricate a term like "iced out".

I don't even care about the secondhand from the bartender though, because I personally heard Breno call Tate a "wife f-word-er". Why would he just randomly yell something like that in a bar?

There's some strong evidence for an end to Russell and Tate's friendship, whatever the cause. They haven't hung out once since about two weeks before the Superbowl. Find me ONE picture of Wilson and Tate hanging out during or after the Superbowl. Or at the ring ceremony. Or at the White House. At the after-party, or holding the Lombardi, or even at media day. If they were such good friends, why would they suddenly stop hanging out and stop taking photos together? They were constantly hanging out and taking pics together up to a few weeks before the Superbowl.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
HAWKFaninBAMA":39y8tenw said:
hawk45":39y8tenw said:
HAWKFaninBAMA":39y8tenw said:
Any business minede people in here?

Let's look at it in those terms:

OK, "Dead money" is a SUNK COST, meaning we have already lost it there is no reason to worry about it we cant get it back.

If Percy was a problem he could exponentially cause more problems then he is worth and multiply the loss.

If he almost got into a fight with RW and punched Golden, no matter what the circumstances, I believe this was a good move.

Time to move forward..... No point in dwelling on it..... GO HAWKS

I see near universal acceptance that unloading Percy was a good move. Folks understand the concept of sunk costs.

It's okay to express shock and frustration that the initial move turned out so poorly on a Seahawk message board the day the news breaks.

Oh, Im not trying to take that away. I was simply pointing out that the dead money shouldn't be looked at as negative.... Its all part of the process...

Yes, it's part of the process, but it doesn't make it any less suckage. I get what you're saying, but the dead cap is definitely something that isn't a positive and is a detriment, so I mean, people are goona be frustrated and disappointed with that.

But getting rid of him amidst everything (if true) was better than having him even if dead cap, less talent,etc.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I can't wait to see the inevitable meltdown on here when Percy makes a statement as a Jet about what things were like in Seattle. :stirthepot:

kearly

Reaction score
Why is this so much fun? Something is wrong with me.

White Devil

Reaction score
slargent4ever":30z4m9la said:
I have heard from a source that it was actually tate sleeping with russ. Percy is very homophobic and ended up punching tate over it. It was recently brought up again, and they thought russ and Percy were going to throw down.

I read that on Perez Hilton too....except they say that it happened at a club that had Human Bathmats.

BigBill1945

Reaction score
I just heard about this. I am in L.A. for the USC Colorado game. I was pretty shocked. The circumstances behind this are very curious. I have not read all of the threads and hence do not know if I missed any important info. I will just say that the red flags came up on this one. One can speculate about a bunch of reasons why this happened. This is Harvin's third team in six years. You do not trade a first round pro bowl caliber person unless something is going on behind the scenes of which most of us have no idea. As distasteful as this is, I sense that something reached critical mass and things had to give for the sake of the team. John and Pete are great personnel people. This was not a spare of the moment decision. I have feeling that things had been stewing for a while and finally hit critical mass. It will be interesting to see how the team performs here on out. I have feeling we will be ok. That is just me, I guess.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I think it sucks that we gave up so much in hopes that PH would produce for us but in the long run, I believe this will turn out to be a good move.
I put a lot of stock in team chemistry and it appears that PH didn't mix well.
The production we have seen at this point, although exciting at times, has not been what I wanted to see, or expected.

pehawk

Reaction score
DavidSeven comes off like Hank Hill a bit. Awesome.

On a side note, I really, really want to see the Jets wildcat package. He missed his boy, Tebow by only a year.

I could care less about this trade. I'm excited for Prich.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
All I know, if the first play of the STL game is a jet sweep to Richardson, I am going to laugh my ass off.

Rat

Reaction score
It's kind of frustrating that over the past two seasons we have spent a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 7th rounder on wideouts (not to mention the money spent) and the position STILL looks like a complete disaster at the moment. I can't think of a single team whose passing weapons I would NOT take over ours. You can even add another 2nd to that list if you change "wideouts" to "offensive playmakers". The draft is too important to waste that kind of capital. Hopefully, we'll see Richardson and/or Norwood step up soon.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
HAWKFaninBAMA":2f3zmw62 said:
SacHawk2.0":2f3zmw62 said:
Addition by subtraction upcoming.

100%
If we benefit from Harvin being gone as far as offensive production goes, it's because we were too stupid to use him properly. Should have fed him like Stafford feeds Megatron.

Feed me little shop horrors

pehawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":13fa04qp said:
All I know, if the first play of the STL game is a jet sweep to Richardson, I am going to laugh my ass off.

That would be comedic brilliance.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Rocket":3u6p7dze said:
It's weird/strange/sick how shoulder-crying about losing Percy turned into an exercise in proving Tate was the mischevous "wife f***er"...
I must point out, however, that Wilsons tweet about his "friend" was grossly noncommittal. Words don't mean squat but deeds tell all.
Hopefully we can get a bit of focus and a bit more yardage from this change.

Internet

Bringing the worst out in people since Al Gore

Sac

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3bq7e8lm said:
HAWKFaninBAMA":3bq7e8lm said:
SacHawk2.0":3bq7e8lm said:

100%
If we benefit from Harvin being gone as far as offensive production goes, it's because we were too stupid to use him properly. Should have fed him like Stafford feeds Megatron.

I think that's partly true. I also think that if Harvin wasn't practicing and was giving Wilson and the coaches grief for trying to motivate him, as has been suggested, then it's better that he's gone. There's no room on this team for a "me first" player.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3czsmifo said:
HAWKFaninBAMA":3czsmifo said:
SacHawk2.0":3czsmifo said:

100%

They're so similar..

It had to work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts