BREAKING NEWS: Percy Harvin Traded to Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawk45

Reaction score
NJSeaHawk":170pxn8s said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/SI_PeterKing/status/523242642965291008[/tweet]

Peter King comes off as an apologist here. "Trust issues" implies that at some point teams have actually transgressed against him. The fact that 2 teams have unloaded him in his prime is pretty solid evidence that Percy himself is the issue.

(this isn't directed toward you NJ you just posted King's reaction and thanks for that)

TXHawk

Reaction score
jblaze":1spdnd0x said:
We save 7m this year on prorated salary, we take a 7m hit next year in dead money.

It's a wash from this point forward. Not worth the huge salary and headaches apparently. Very little production to date.

After thinking about it a while, I think this will help us in the long run. Cut and run.

It looks to me like all of the dead money is this year and none of next year's salary is guaranteed. Wouldn't the Jets be on the hook for the rest of his $7M from this year?

entropyrulesall

Reaction score
hawknation2014":8xq6ag8y said:
This explains why the rumor was fabricated and why stupid people continue to believe that it is true. It lends no credence to the validity of the rumor itself.

Maybe you should consider some of the evidence for it instead of resorting to confirmation bias. I didn't want to believe the rumor either and I still don't know if I do. But after considering the evidence I have to admit the strong likelihood that it is true.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Love how all this comes out after he was traded.

Where were all these reports a week ago?

DavidSeven

Reaction score
entropyrulesall":19ykcef6 said:
hawknation2014":19ykcef6 said:
This explains why the rumor was fabricated and why stupid people continue to believe that it is true. It lends no credence to the validity of the rumor itself.

Maybe you should consider some of the evidence for it instead of resorting to confirmation bias. I didn't want to believe the rumor either and I still don't know if I do. But after considering the evidence I have to admit the strong likelihood that it is true.

And what is this "evidence" you speak of?

hawknation2014

Reaction score
kearly":1183ogot said:
hawknation2014":1183ogot said:
The players believed it? Uhhhh, what player believed this ridiculous and insulting rumor about Russell Wilson, Golden Tate, and Wilson's soon-to-be-ex-wife? Everyone in the know who has been willing to comment on it has shot it down as the ridiculous rumor it is. For people to continue to propagate it is simply disrespectful to everyone involved.

PM Hans Gruber, who heard it personally from a player himself about the state of the locker room on this rumor. There were a few other sources that reported this as well.

Again, this doesn't mean the Tate rumor itself is true. Read that again and again until that sinks in.

Other than a bartender supposedly overhearing one player discussing this ridiculous rumor . . . or maybe he heard from someone who heard from someone who heard from someone that they overheard a player discussing this idiotic rumor . . . is that the full extent of your evidence that "the players" believe this rumor to be true? This is exactly why we have a hearsay rule.

OrFan

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":7c7awfq1 said:

Not a report, but I eluded to this stuff in my prediction earlier in the week.

HAWKFaninBAMA

Reaction score
FWIW

My take on it is this, Pete Caroll runs a very tight ship. He wants players who WANT to play football. What he doesn't want is a distraction from a guy who is OK with coasting by and collecting a check. If he was even close to the type cancer that I believe he probably was then Im totally OK with this.

For all of you calling for PC and JS's head I would like to remind you where we were before them ......

JIM MORA JR

hawk45

Reaction score
HAWKFaninBAMA":2a0ke2ed said:
FWIW

For all of you calling for PC and JS's head I would like to remind you where we were before them ......

JIM MORA JR
Who has called for Pete and JS's heads? I've seen people acknowledging that this turned out to be a very bad move.

hawk45

Reaction score
Scottemojo":jsb4hm3c said:
Who else suspects Douggie will go off this week?

If he's in the slot I can definitely see it. Wait, were you talking about the game or on twitter?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
hawk45":1uka74my said:
Scottemojo":1uka74my said:
Who else suspects Douggie will go off this week?

If he's in the slot I can definitely see it. Wait, were you talking about the game or on twitter?
Take your pick, my man.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3s4tm0s6 said:

Winning the Super Bowl covers up a lot of stuff...

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Who cares if Tate porked Wilson's wife? Who cares if Percy slugged him for it or not? Both are now not here anymore. The discussion about any circumstances surrounding Wilson's wife is not really on point.

In the end the team took a chance on trading for Harvin and Tate became disposable as a result. Harvin didn't work out for reasons we may or may not ever find out and upon concluding he wasn't working out or buying in to what the team wanted to do or him to do they offloaded him, like they did with Lendale White and Houshmanzedah and Mike Williams, and few others. Either you are all in, or you are not here, Pete's rules.

This is a bit disappointing but the team will take this on notice and we can expect some big efforts from the whole team this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts