BREAKING NEWS: Percy Harvin Traded to Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
pehawk":373rbnsz said:
Sweet, now go get Mike Williams, please.

I'd throw a 7th to Buffalo for him. He at least has some legit size and the 1 awesome season.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Rat":9rncv6hg said:
Snakeeyes007":9rncv6hg said:
Perhaps a 2nd rounder that could become a 1st if Percy meets certain benchmarks, but no mid-rounder. :34853_doh:
His new QB is Geno Smith, so I wouldn't hold my breath on any conditions being met.
He did OK with Ponder.

Pizza Mane

Reaction score
nearly bought a Percy jersey from a store near my office, held off because it seemed like alot of money. Is it crazy to buy one now because they'll be on clearance?

SeaChase

Reaction score
Rat":1fackb8a said:
SeaChase":1fackb8a said:
He hasn't done much this year. To much game planning around him. Go back to feeding the beast and keep it simple.
Giving defenses one less thing to worry about doesn't make anything more simple. I hope the Beast doesn't mind stacked boxes.

We didn't have him last year. And Tate didn't have that type of impact.

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
Was excited thinking we were getting the Jests first rounder. Oh well.

Would love to know what is really going on. Someone on NET said Harvin pulls himself out of plays (why we seem him on the sidelines on 3rd down). I am guessing Pete added this in with the salary and lack of production (and Bevell's hard on) and feels we can better use the money elsewhere.

Please dear god get us a left tackle

He was no Houshmanzedah

mikeak

Reaction score
Blitzer88":lrms4vnz said:
Really wish we had Golden Tate right about now..............

Yes suddenly one does need to compare the money spent on Harvin vs having kept Tate PLUS kept the draft picks

With all that said - he had a few plays against the Saints in the playoffs, he created room for the other guys and he closed out the Superbowl for sure with his return.

We won the Superbowl with him on the team. Could he impact the outcome of the future years - sure but you never know what you will have we do know what we got

DavidSeven

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":1l3yfrq2 said:
DavidSeven":1l3yfrq2 said:
Oh jeez. We're really going to play the "Percy Harvin is a locker-room cancer, FIRE BEVELL" card? Really?

No bro, were playing the, "Pete is dumbing down the offensive play calls for Bevell" card.

Well at least I am.

So, you really believe that one year after selling the farm on the "most dynamic player in football," Pete Carroll decided to sell Harvin for pennies to the dollar and took a colossal dead money hit so he could get back to running a simplistic run-and-play-action offense?

They've been shopping him for weeks. You think he made this decision after he lit up Green Bay or after he housed a 50-yard run in San Diego?

TXHawk

Reaction score
AgentDib":1t40dqnb said:
TXHawk":1t40dqnb said:
How many games did we win without Harvin last year? Chill.
Our starters were Rice and Tate last year with Baldwin in the slot. Yes, Kearse did a great job stepping up when Rice got hurt but let's not pretend like our receiver group last year was Baldwin, Kearse, Lockette and Walters.

Rice missed at least half of the season and the playoffs and he did little when he was playing. The only significant difference between last year and this is Tate. It's time to see what Richardson and Norwood bring to the table.

I was surprised at the trade but I'd been thinking most of the week that Harvin was producing very little considering how much a focal point of the offense he was. Maybe Carroll was thinking the same thing. There were undoubtedly things going on in the background as well that made him expendable. He has a long history of attitude problems.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Why is one single person saying this is Schneider's worst deal? When they got Percy, Pete announced he has wanted this kid since high school.

hawk45

Reaction score
DavidSeven":7jyjzmla said:
Oh jeez. We're really going to play the "Percy Harvin is a locker-room cancer, FIRE BEVELL" card? Really?
In fairness the report was that bevell struggled to integrate a guy he had in Minnesota. I don't auto-buy that any more than you, but we did just spend all week arguing about how out of whack our offense was due to forcing Percy in.

If it's a cancer thing, and I lean towards this being involved somehow, that doesn't make bevell look great either since he had the player before.

The disgust spreads a lot wider than bevell here though, for sure.

bandiger

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2bojrj60 said:
Our Man in Chicago":2bojrj60 said:
Clayton reporting that "conditional" = 2nd to 4th round pick.

Jets 2nd will be equivalent to our 1st.

That would be lovely, any high pick in rds 2-4 is great for some weakness we need to fill up now.

ManBunts

Reaction score
I've settled down and had a beer to rethink this:
-Percy's biggest value was in his threat. People had to guard against what he COULD do. He's lined up wide but might go in motion to a jet sweep or run a crossing route. His dynamacy was the most dangerous thing
BUT
-Percy, as a player, for what we dealt and paid, has been a bust. I loved that return in the SB. It was a dagger. They were on the ropes and it was a haymaker. But otherwise, his production has been horrible based on two seasons-ish of work. Too many injuries.
AND SO
-We have Richardson, who is allegedly a younger Harvin. Walters to handle kickoffs. And it just freed up a ton of cash for landing some lineman. Yes, we're eating some dead money, but there's still plenty left to spend.
THAT SAID
-You don't just eat those picks and that money for no reason. So we're looking at attitude or injury. I don't buy this "can't fit him into the offense crap". If we were going to lose THAT much, then you just stick him at returns and get some sort of profit there. He can be dangerous enough in that role. And I know JS/PC value morale, but I don't see them doing this just based on attitude as I've heard. It's too big a loss, makes no fiscal sense. Again, put him on returns.
THEREFORE
-I've convinced myself it's injury related. And so I'm okay with this. No more waiting, no more tying up money, let's focus on developing Richardson and Norwood, let's buy some damn protection for Russell.

bigwrm

Reaction score
JSeahawks":692zmqvw said:
Our Man in Chicago":692zmqvw said:
Clayton reporting that "conditional" = 2nd to 4th round pick.

Jets 2nd will be equivalent to our 1st.

Yep, time to start rooting for big production/playing time for percy and jets losses.

Feed the Hawk

Reaction score
Seahawks now 0 for 2 in trading 1st round picks for 'stud' wide receivers...

Hopefully this leaves us jaded to trading 1st's for a looooong time. Especially since you don't have to pay them ridiculous contracts up front anymore.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Percy Harvin = Mat Flynn 2.0!

Jeez, eliminate the two of them the last two years and we keep several of our recently departed studs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts