BREAKING NEWS: Percy Harvin Traded to Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaChase

Reaction score
He hasn't done much this year. To much game planning around him. Go back to feeding the beast and keep it simple.

bigwrm

Reaction score
ManBunts":e4yri1q7 said:
What are the odds that part of this was to make cap space for Wilson?

If anything this will help clear room for a guy like KJ Wright or someone else we might not otherwise have been able to pay. Russell was always going to get his money no matter what. But I think we're still stuck with a $7 or $8 million dead money hit on the cap next year.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Apparently Seattle's been looking to trade him for weeks

[tweet]https://twitter.com/nflnetwork/status/523232469126885376[/tweet]

Rat

Reaction score
12HawkFan":31ux622o said:
Lastly, how many NFL teams would trade a SUPER BOWL title for the salary and draft picks invested in PH?
Those two things are unrelated. The draft picks and salary cap space we missed out on by trading for Percy wouldn't have made last year's result any better, but a lot of us our upset because it jeopardizes our future success.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I'm not really buying the "this trade got us the Super Bowl argument."

Seattle had Denver outmatched with or without Harvin. He was largely a non-factor in the rest of the season.

Feed the Hawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":ckb7uiwm said:
bigwrm":ckb7uiwm said:
Well at least they weren't too proud to recognize their mistake and make a bold move. It seems like Percy is a guy Pete was always enamored with and wanted at any cost. That trade and contract will now go down as the biggest mistake in the PC/JS era.

A lot of fans of other teams would say that's just trying to justify...

...but not this Niner fan.

The mark of a really good GM isn't that he doesn't make mistakes. Its that he quickly recognizes the mistake and rectifies it instead of pushing a bad situation. I didn't see this coming at all and as a Niner fan I didn't want to face Harvin so I'm a bit dumbfounded...

...but if it really wasn't working it a good move to move quickly.

True, this is some Art of War logic here (and props to a 9ers fan for using logic!). However, we sacrificed a ton of draft capital to do it. That and other failures in the First round post 2010 is going to come back to bite us in the ass sooner than later.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Maybe cap issue might be what they are thinking, maybe they want to extend Beast Mode after 2015, and keep some that's heading for free agency. Other than that, damn noooo not Percy.

Snakeeyes007

Reaction score
:th104: I believe the conditional pick is a 1st rounder, top 3 or top 5 protected. I will choose to believe this until this mid-round kick-in-the-nuts talk is confirmed.

Perhaps a 2nd rounder that could become a 1st if Percy meets certain benchmarks, but no mid-rounder. :34853_doh:

DavidSeven

Reaction score
kidhawk":122ixri9 said:
Apparently Seattle's been looking to trade him for weeks

[tweet]https://twitter.com/nflnetwork/status/523232469126885376[/tweet]

Maybe explains why this guy disappeared after Green Bay.

Rat

Reaction score
SeaChase":3hrp6qdm said:
He hasn't done much this year. To much game planning around him. Go back to feeding the beast and keep it simple.
Giving defenses one less thing to worry about doesn't make anything more simple. I hope the Beast doesn't mind stacked boxes.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1g1dr8kk said:
Pete Carroll was like "We need to get Lynch the ball more, trade Harvin so f'n Bevell can't call 19 jet sweeps a game."

Hahahaha.. which is basically what this reads as

"From @RapSheet: Harvin not the easiest player to deal with in locker room. OC Bevell struggled to integrate him into game plans."

Guys we basically just picked Darrell Bevell over a Top 10 playmaker.

Unbelievable.

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
This thinking that they are doing it to free up cap space is ridiculous. They could have just cut him after the season and kept Harvin for this year if it was truly about cap space. They wouldn't have received a conditional pick in return, but the cap space would have been the same.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Snakeeyes007":2l23szcp said:
:th104: I believe the conditional pick is a 1st rounder, top 3 or top 5 protected. I will choose to believe this until this mid-round kick-in-the-nuts talk is confirmed.

Perhaps a 2nd rounder that could become a 1st if Percy meets certain benchmarks, but no mid-rounder. :34853_doh:

Nope. It's anywhere from a 2 to a 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts