BREAKING NEWS: Percy Harvin Traded to Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacknut16

Reaction score
hawkpride":9kpdrn2y said:
ESPN breaking news on this states the reason is the trouble the Hawks have had on offence sense trying to implement him into the offensive scheme.

Bullshiat

He is two weeks removed from being one of the most dynamic players I have seen in the league vs the Skins

bigwrm

Reaction score
dumbrabbit":1w6z2miu said:
Full of baloney if you think this is the worst transaction in Schneider's tenure. He didn't mortgage the future of Seattle, right? We're doing fine without Harvin. We won the Super Bowl without Harvin. He played like what, 5 games as a Seahawk? We'll be fine.

But I look forward to another .net meltdown.

Name a transaction that was worse (than the intial trade, not this one). Getting percy and signing him to a massive contract was by far the worst move they've ever made.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
DavidSeven":9wbd5o9s said:
AbsolutNET":9wbd5o9s said:
Missing_Clink":9wbd5o9s said:
hawkpride":9wbd5o9s said:
ESPN breaking news on this states the reason is the trouble the Hawks have had on offence sense trying to implement him into the offensive scheme.

If that is truly the reason that is pretty pathetic and shows very little patience. If they can't figure out a way to use him get some offensive coaches with some damn brains

No kidding. If they couldn't figure out how to involve him, then Percy wasn't the guy that should have been booted

Come on. This wasn't about him fitting into the offense.

If you guys believe that, I got some prime swamp land for you.

Can I build on it?

Pizza Mane

Reaction score
Hoping this is a cap maneuver to clear room for another deal. Somewhat common move in hockey, but I'm not overly optimistic this is the case in this context.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Pete Carroll was like "We need to get Lynch the ball more, trade Harvin so f'n Bevell can't call 19 jet sweeps a game."

ManBunts

Reaction score
What are the odds that part of this was to make cap space for Wilson?

brimsalabim

Reaction score
A conditional pick? What the heck? I would have thought we could trade him for a dang good OL?

pehawk

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":5yfkvdis said:
If you guys believe that, I got some prime swamp land for you.

Can I build on it?[/quote]

Best post so far.

kidhawk

Reaction score
ManBunts":37rduxb2 said:

None of it. We already had space for Wilson. Something happened that we may NEVER hear about

DavidSeven

Reaction score
ManBunts":2cmbfyq6 said:

They had budget for Wilson regardless. If that was going to be an issue, they would've never given Harvin that contract in the first place. Wilson was already primed for ~$20M before the Harvin deal.

dusktreader

Reaction score
Pizza Mane":k45sxiym said:
Hoping this is a cap maneuver to clear room for another deal. Somewhat common move in hockey, but I'm not overly optimistic this is the case in this context.

That's gotta be half of it. There's no way you leave that much cap space just hanging.

Pizza Mane

Reaction score
brimsalabim":13vjpofr said:
A conditional pick? What the heck? I would have thought we could trade him for a dang good OL?

any sort of real return would have be nice, some OL help would have been amazing

12HawkFan

Reaction score
On the onset this looks really bad but one thing Pete & John have done is to cut a cancer out really quick, regardless of the cost.

I will give this issue time to figure out if it's a good thing or bad thing, but if we off pull seven wins in a row after this it looks good to me.

Lastly, how many NFL teams would trade a SUPER BOWL title for the salary and draft picks invested in PH?

Answer, every last one of them.

SB48 is behind us now but the effect PH had on that game is undeniable.

We are SB48 champs and are still the champs until we are out of or eliminated from the playoffs, or repeat.

GO HAWKS!!!

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
I guess I said it the wrong way I meant to say.

He's made mistakes in the past but he knows when it's time to move on, he know when players aren't a good fit. We'll be fine without Harvin, and we have been doing fine without him. Didn't mean it the other way around.

We can now re-sign Wilson with Harvin gone.

canfan

Reaction score
So I'm guessing Baldwin moves back to the slot and we see more of Norwood/Richardson on the outside?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts