BREAKING NEWS: Percy Harvin Traded to Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

James in PA

Reaction score
Thanks for your kickoff return and great fly sweep plays in SB Percy. Thought you would have a whole bunch more great moments with the Seahawks. Guess not. What a punch in the gut. :(

AgentDib

Reaction score
TXHawk":1leeo9ta said:
How many games did we win without Harvin last year? Chill.
Our starters were Rice and Tate last year with Baldwin in the slot. Yes, Kearse did a great job stepping up when Rice got hurt but let's not pretend like our receiver group last year was Baldwin, Kearse, Lockette and Walters.

iigakusei

Reaction score
Anyone who believes the "couldn't fit into the offense" angle is delusional. That is an easy out.

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
Full of baloney if you think this is the worst transaction in Schneider's tenure. He didn't mortgage the future of Seattle, right? We're doing fine without Harvin. We won the Super Bowl without Harvin. He played like what, 5 games as a Seahawk? We'll be fine.

But I look forward to another .net meltdown.

Jacknut16

Reaction score
EastCoastHawksFan":2ymot03h said:
" Trading for Percy Harvin was the worst move ever made by John Schnieder " - Eastcoasthawksfan.

. Trading Percy Harvin is the best move JS has ever made.

Both moves are now hideous, because of what we gave, and because of what we got in return.

Is he hurt? That could be the only reason right???

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":659b6t8a said:
DB Fresh our new #1?

We all love Doug but you are kidding yourself if you think he is a #1 WR in the NFL. Unfortunately we probably don't have a choice for this season...

Marvin49

Reaction score
bigwrm":hcduvijb said:
Well at least they weren't too proud to recognize their mistake and make a bold move. It seems like Percy is a guy Pete was always enamored with and wanted at any cost. That trade and contract will now go down as the biggest mistake in the PC/JS era.

A lot of fans of other teams would say that's just trying to justify...

...but not this Niner fan.

The mark of a really good GM isn't that he doesn't make mistakes. Its that he quickly recognizes the mistake and rectifies it instead of pushing a bad situation. I didn't see this coming at all and as a Niner fan I didn't want to face Harvin so I'm a bit dumbfounded...

...but if it really wasn't working it a good move to move quickly.

ensett

Reaction score
Percy did nothing for us. There isnt much to miss here. I wont mind seeing more Richardson or Norwood or Lockette or whoever. They all had more yards than Harvin did last week

hawk45

Reaction score
dumbrabbit":2yu6pw51 said:
Full of baloney if you think this is the worst transaction in Schneider's tenure. He didn't mortgage the future of Seattle, right? We're doing fine without Harvin. We won the Super Bowl without Harvin. He played like what, 5 games as a Seahawk? We'll be fine.

But I look forward to another .net meltdown.
You must really hate Schneider if you think he's made worse moves than this. Name one.

davidonmi

Reaction score
Horrific trade at the time.
I will give Schneider credit for cutting his losses

DavidSeven

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":10m2rsfq said:
Missing_Clink":10m2rsfq said:
hawkpride":10m2rsfq said:
ESPN breaking news on this states the reason is the trouble the Hawks have had on offence sense trying to implement him into the offensive scheme.

If that is truly the reason that is pretty pathetic and shows very little patience. If they can't figure out a way to use him get some offensive coaches with some damn brains

No kidding. If they couldn't figure out how to involve him, then Percy wasn't the guy that should have been booted

Come on. This wasn't about him fitting into the offense.

If you guys believe that, I got some prime swamp land for you.

jkitsune

Reaction score
ensett":1sta2y6o said:
Percy did nothing for us. There isnt much to miss here. I wont mind seeing more Richardson or Norwood or Lockette or whoever. They all had more yards than Harvin did last week

Most of what I miss is Tate and the idea of what Harvin, or those draft picks, could have been.

bandiger

Reaction score
What's going on here????? Why didn't you sign up Tate, Schneider/Carroll please :141847_bnono:

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2w7ez9q0 said:
DavidSeven":2w7ez9q0 said:
Traded 1, 3, 7 for Percy. Still on the hook for $8+ million in cap space. Lost Tate + other FA opportunities.

This is easily trumps Whitehurst and Flynn for worst Seahawks transaction under Schneider.

By a country mile.

Unbelievable.

Can't ignore the fact that we lost out on a lot of (potential) draft picks and FA's.

Have to just move on at this point and look at the silver lining.

Pete is cutting ties before shit really hits the fan.

I still trust Pete he may not always make the right move but he won't stick with the wrong move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts