Status
Not open for further replies.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1c0wq653 said:
Sports Hernia":1c0wq653 said:
bjornanderson21":1c0wq653 said:
edogg23":1c0wq653 said:
This is the worst news I have heard in years as a Seahawks fan. What the hell is this? Are we going to be seeing more Bryan Walters now? Puke!
Trading away Harvin is the worst news you've heard in years?

Idk if you've been watching the Hawks, but based on the draft picks and contract we gave up for him, along with his lack of production, and I would say the worst news in the last few years was that we trade FOR harvin.

Getting rid of him is part of the solution, having him on the team was the problem.
Having an OC with have a brain that knows how to use a playmaker in his gameplan might have been part of the solution as well.

Everyone knew Harvin was a HUGE PITA going back to his college days. Getting rid of Harvin won't suddenly cure Seattle's offensive woes, If YOU have watched any Hawks games, you'd realize that. To think otherwise is just silly!

Please provide examples that this was Bevell using Harvin incorrectly. Show your work.

(And don't accuse me of being a fan boy because that's an ad hominem fallacy and only proves you have confirmation bias.)
Ummm the bubble screens at or behind the LOS that never worked that were called 4 times a game for starters!
....and yes you are what you said I'd accuse you of, or your last name is Bevell. No fallacy if it's the truth!

DJrmb

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1rtf9yhj said:
bjornanderson21":1rtf9yhj said:
edogg23":1rtf9yhj said:
This is the worst news I have heard in years as a Seahawks fan. What the hell is this? Are we going to be seeing more Bryan Walters now? Puke!

Idk if you've been watching the Hawks, but based on the draft picks and contract we gave up for him, along with his lack of production, and I would say the worst news in the last few years was that we trade FOR harvin.

Getting rid of him is part of the solution, having him on the team was the problem.
Having an OC with have a brain that knows how to use a playmaker in his gameplan might have been part of the solution as well.

Everyone knew Harvin was a HUGE PITA going back to his college days. Getting rid of Harvin won't suddenly cure Seattle's offensive woes, If YOU have watched any Hawks games, you'd realize that. To think otherwise is just silly!

IDK man, normally I am not of the thinking that removing one of the most talented players from a team can improve it...

BUT

Wilson had a Total QBR of 45.3 with Harvin on the field this season, and 71.0 without him in the game.

Am I saying all our problems are solved now that he's gone? No. However, have you ever worked with someone that was such a jack @ss and downer that they brought everyone around them down too? I have and sometimes even if they're the smartest most talented person, the whole can operate better without them...... Food for thought...

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":17mmjxpv said:
Sports Hernia":17mmjxpv said:
bjornanderson21":17mmjxpv said:
edogg23":17mmjxpv said:

Please provide examples that this was Bevell using Harvin incorrectly. Show your work.

(And don't accuse me of being a fan boy because that's an ad hominem fallacy and only proves you have confirmation bias.)

Most refer to the fact that he was rarely used to stretch the field, not nearly often enough across the middle on a shallow cross where he has the opportunity to run away from defenders, and too often and predictable on the fly sweep bubble screen stuff that was easily getting deciphered.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
VancitySeahawk":2l5z7h1l said:
According to Bob Condotta Harvin didnt travel to Oakland for final preseason game after getting into altercation with Doug Baldwin earlier in week.

Also according to Bob Condotta, Harvin didnt want to go back in at the end of game Sunday against Dallas.

Wow.

Glad he is gone. :th2thumbs:
The more I'm hearing the more it looks like the Hawks hands were tied. Just wish we'd gotten more in return if a move had to be made, but Harvin's rep probably preceded him. Still doesn't excuse the misuse of a playmaker.

Can't wait to see Walters or Lockette on the bubble screen come Sunday! :sarcasm_off:

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":u2p598n8 said:
Sarlacc83":u2p598n8 said:
Sports Hernia":u2p598n8 said:

Ummm the bubble screens at or behind the LOS that never worked that were called 4 times a game for starters!
....and yes you are what you said I'd accuse you of, or your last name is Bevell. No fallacy if it's the truth!

If Pete traded Harvin rather than tell his OC, who he is on charge of managing, to change the plan, then how, exactly, is the idiot not Carroll? So then, you need to call for his resignation. Because it's apparent those plays where decided upon by the staff - not just Bevell. Again, this obvious to those who don't think the coordinators work in a vacuum.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hawkpower":6p9fxacc said:
Sarlacc83":6p9fxacc said:
Sports Hernia":6p9fxacc said:
bjornanderson21":6p9fxacc said:
is the worst news I have heard in years as a Seahawks fan. What the hell is this? Are we going to be seeing more Bryan Walters now? Puke!

Most refer to the fact that he was rarely used to stretch the field, not nearly often enough across the middle on a shallow cross where he has the opportunity to run away from defenders, and too often and predictable on the fly sweep bubble screen stuff that was easily getting deciphered.
BINGO!
You'll never convince the poster you are responding to though, Bevell can do no wrong in his eyes, his is the best OC evarrrrrrr!

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
VancitySeahawk":jfeihayn said:
According to Bob Condotta Harvin didnt travel to Oakland for final preseason game after getting into altercation with Doug Baldwin earlier in week.

Also according to Bob Condotta, Harvin didnt want to go back in at the end of game Sunday against Dallas.

Wow.

Glad he is gone. :th2thumbs:

Here are the actual tweets.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/523322944236163072[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/523323804005568512[/tweet]

Smh...damn.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Hawkpower":2z10esvh said:

Again: Was that Bevell's choice? If so, why not fix it as a head coach? You don't blame the tool if it the use is faulty right? So then, again, Carroll is the one who made the mistake here and should be the one pilloried by the fans for such a mistake.

Or is there more evidence that Harvin wanted to be used in only the plays mentioned above? Which is more likely? (The second. I know I have to spell this out. )

Rocket

Reaction score
A plus for Harvin, he seems to have marked up everyone he's fought. Tate had a shiner, ADB got a cut chin.
Perhaps Percy should call Dana White about next seasons TUF?
:thfight7:

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1z7pvpw1 said:
Hawkpower":1z7pvpw1 said:

Again: Was that Bevell's choice? If so, why not fix it as a head coach? You don't blame the tool if it the use is faulty right? So then, again, Carroll is the one who made the mistake here and should be the one pilloried by the fans for such a mistake.

Or is there more evidence that Harvin wanted to be used in only the plays mentioned above? Which is more likely? (The second. I know I have to spell this out. )

TF???

Are you really siding with Bevell over Carroll? You know how Carrol fixes it? Fires his a$$. He hired Bevell to run the offense. If Pete has to look over his shoulder and micromanage every play call, then Bevell is incompetent.

Are YOU Bevell perhaps? Can think of no other explanation

I am so confused by this post.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
akscoundrel":3hrl6o3y said:
bjornanderson21":3hrl6o3y said:
Hawkpower":3hrl6o3y said:
It's silly to argue we are a better team without Harvin?

I know what the Hawks look like on offense when they run THEIR offense, and I know what we look like when we change everything to run the Percy Harvin offense.

Let me fill you in on a little something, the Percy Harvin offense sucks.

The Hawks are a better team without him, but they should have known that before they traded for him (I did). We are worse than last year because we lost Tate, but we are a better team now that we got rid of Harvin.

And why did they quit running 'their offense'? Hint, it wasn't a receiver that made them do it. It was a dumbass oc, who tells the players where to line up and what play to run, who changed the offense.

Just because it happens to be number 11 catching a pass, and not number 81, doesn't mean we had to quit handing the ball off to marshawn. Just because its number 11 catching a pass and not number 81, doesn't mean the defense had to be technically poor, making mistake after mistake, and playing like sh1t.

Wby did they quit running their offense? Because HARVIN DOES NOT FIT IN OUR OFFENSE.

In order to involve Harvin they had to change their playbook.

Harvin has NEVER been a traditional WR that runs routes and catches real passes. He does that OCCASIONALLY just like a RB does that occasionally.

Harvin has always been a gimmick LOS rb/wr, so in order to get him the ball they had to run gimmicky LOS plays just like Minnesota had to for him.

Yes Bevell is an idiot, but the problem was that we can't run the offense we ran last year if we involve Harvin. You have to run the "Harvin offense" with Harvin, and like I said the Harvin offense sucks.

instead of focusing on keeping the players that made us great, they went out and got a huge bust named Harvin with no evidence that he fits in with the team.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":ao6jntkm said:
akscoundrel":ao6jntkm said:
bjornanderson21":ao6jntkm said:
Hawkpower":ao6jntkm said:
It's silly to argue we are a better team without Harvin?

I know what the Hawks look like on offense when they run THEIR offense, and I know what we look like when we change everything to run the Percy Harvin offense.

Let me fill you in on a little something, the Percy Harvin offense sucks.

The Hawks are a better team without him, but they should have known that before they traded for him (I did). We are worse than last year because we lost Tate, but we are a better team now that we got rid of Harvin.

And why did they quit running 'their offense'? Hint, it wasn't a receiver that made them do it. It was a dumbass oc, who tells the players where to line up and what play to run, who changed the offense.

Just because it happens to be number 11 catching a pass, and not number 81, doesn't mean we had to quit handing the ball off to marshawn. Just because its number 11 catching a pass and not number 81, doesn't mean the defense had to be technically poor, making mistake after mistake, and playing like sh1t.

Wby did they quit running their offense? Because HARVIN DOES NOT FIT IN OUR OFFENSE.

In order to involve Harvin they had to change their playbook.

Harvin has NEVER been a traditional WR that runs routes and catches real passes. He does that OCCASIONALLY just like a RB does that occasionally.

Harvin has always been a gimmick LOS rb/wr, so in order to get him the ball they had to run gimmicky LOS plays just like Minnesota had to for him.

Yes Bevell is an idiot, but the problem was that we can't run the offense we ran last year if we involve Harvin. You have to run the "Harvin offense" with Harvin, and like I said the Harvin offense sucks.

instead of focusing on keeping the players that made us great, they went out and got a huge bust named Harvin with no evidence that he fits in with the team.

Harvin doesnt have to be a gimmick. They chose to use him that way. There are ways to fit him into the offense without sacrificing Marshawn.

The hyperbole around him ruining our offense is running way too high with the combination of the Dallas loss and wanting to feel better about the trade.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":3qfxn092 said:
Sports Hernia":3qfxn092 said:
Sarlacc83":3qfxn092 said:
Sports Hernia":3qfxn092 said:

If Pete traded Harvin rather than tell his OC, who he is on charge of managing, to change the plan, then how, exactly, is the idiot not Carroll? So then, you need to call for his resignation. Because it's apparent those plays where decided upon by the staff - not just Bevell. Again, this obvious to those who don't think the coordinators work in a vacuum.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
Hawkpower":26g65ikj said:
Sarlacc83":26g65ikj said:
Sports Hernia":26g65ikj said:
bjornanderson21":26g65ikj said:
is the worst news I have heard in years as a Seahawks fan. What the hell is this? Are we going to be seeing more Bryan Walters now? Puke!

BINGO!
You'll never convince the poster you are responding to though, Bevell can do no wrong in his eyes, his is the best OC evarrrrrr
------------------------------------------------------
Are you talking about me???

I think Bevell is garbage, and I think Harvin is garbage.

One is gone, I hope the other leaves after the season.

But im not gonna blame Bevell for failing to use a very limited one-dimensional player like Harvin. People like to say that Harvin is versatile when he is actually very very limited as a football player.

The big mistake was bringing Harvin here in the first place. It was unnecessary and uncalled for.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I purchased a Lamborghini Murcielago for $400,000.
I chose only to drive it 65 miles per hour on the freeway to work and back.
I am disappointed in the production of my Murcielago, and sold it for $75,000 after a year.
I am now bragging about having gotten rid of it for under-performing.

I am half of .NET posters opining on Percy Harvin today.

HawkEye

Reaction score
Mike Rob talked about problems in the locker room not long ago in NFL Network, and I am not surprised about this trade, in fact, I like the balls the FO are showing.

I am more concerned about our offensive line than not having Harvin, I am glad we wil drop that "Jet sweep" crap off our playbook and will resume smashing folks in the mouth with the beast.

Yes, it was a bad deal, and we are not getting much from the Jets, but the FO is showing all of us their top priority is WINNING.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":553hajc1 said:
I am disappointed in the production of my Murcielago, and sold it for $75,000 after a year.

Well there's a lot of speculation that there was more to Harvin then that, but I don't think anyone doesn't get the point you're trying to make. But considering all that grey area we can't confirm and we can only consider what the "sources" say, I hope they're cutting their loses because of that + on the field problems.

red grenadine

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":258jaamj said:

Don't forget your Murcielago was a lemon that was constantly broken down. It was probably worth closer to 50K but at least you got something for it

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":3n8kscxw said:
Hawkpower":3n8kscxw said:
Sarlacc83":3n8kscxw said:
bjornanderson21":3n8kscxw said:

BINGO!
You'll never convince the poster you are responding to though, Bevell can do no wrong in his eyes, his is the best OC evarrrrrr
------------------------------------------------------
Are you talking about me???

I think Bevell is garbage, and I think Harvin is garbage.

One is gone, I hope the other leaves after the season.

But im not gonna blame Bevell for failing to use a very limited one-dimensional player like Harvin. People like to say that Harvin is versatile when he is actually very very limited as a football player.

The big mistake was bringing Harvin here in the first place. It was unnecessary and uncalled for.
No, that particular post wasn't aimed at you. Sorry for the confusion, the intended receiver is a little sensitive right now so I'm walking on eggshells not trying to upset him too much.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
red grenadine":2lg3f995 said:
Don't forget your Murcielago was a lemon that was constantly broken down. It was probably worth closer to 50K but at least you got something for it
I get the feeling you're about to see how much of a lemon he really is. Injuries happen in the NFL. I heard someone say that on Twitter; I'm pretty sure it's true.

Status
Not open for further replies.