Brandon Browner was the difference

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Not only did he diagnose the play and upgrade Pats defense this season but we lost the intimidation factor when he left. He was Brandon aka Patriot killer last time around.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
If saying we "lost the intimidation factor" is code for "a ton of depth, especially on the D line, than I agree

seahawks08

Reaction score
A game is not always q single play or person. It is 60 minutes worth of work. We can't say a whole season of hard work from the Seahawks just was beaten by one main. I would argue we should have not been in that situation, I would challenge how the defend after being number 1 could give up 38 points by losing Lane and Avrill. Avrill nigh have been the key, they did not have to be bothered of a rush from that side. We should have backups trained like every player to at least do 50 percent of disruption if a player goes down. Well we needed luck, that is what it is, a little bit of luck always helps. Damn, wonderful season and great to be a Seahawk.

Gronkzilla

Reaction score
Also Browner jammed Kearse on the interception by Butler. Without that jam the hawks win since Kearse was supposed to rub Butler.

CHawK247

Reaction score
The only mindset PC and you know who should have been in was. Feed the Beast. Not worry about the Clock, and trying to Make Russ look even better to justify the money we offer.

I don't care if it takes all 3 downs, you give that man the ball. He was so ready.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Browner was certainly a difference maker for the Pats, but didn't most people assume Kearse and Baldwin were not going to have big days going up against Revis and Browner? I know I did.

But if you ask me the two things that made "The Difference" in this game was;

1. The worst play call in the history of the SB
2. Our defensive depth getting depleted to point of exposure

Both Lane and Avril getting hurt was the difference on defense. Simon was abused and without Avril we couldn't put enough pressure on Brady and he picked us apart.

OP
OP
R

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
The reason Browner is important to the Pats in this game is that without Browner ' s jam the play would be a TD. Also without Browner ' s knowledge of Seahawks plays the Patriots wouldn't know the inside slant was coming. The rookie Butler said he knew it was coming.
In this formation Lockette could have just as well run an out or curl. Offense could have run Marshawn out of the shotgun. Why were the Pats preparing a rookie for this play the past week and how did he know it was coming if not for Browner? Then to have an intimidating former Seahawks in Browner on your Patriots team has got to be a trump card.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
He was absolutely huge for them, especially on the last play. Credit to him for doing a ton to help his team

Latest posts