BRADY/PATS PUNISHMENT OVER TURNED BY JUDGE. (Updated 9/3/15)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
NWPatsFan":1prxvraz said:
pmedic920":1prxvraz said:
The last thing that the NFL needs is another scandal/ black eye.
If they thought they could sweep this under the rug, THEY WOULD.
ANYBODY that thinks the NFL is framing TB/patriots is delusional.
If the NFL could dismiss ANY of the "findings", they would, and still may.

The 2nd worst part of all this is, the teams that may have lost games due to being cheated. No telling how many games may have been effected over an unknown period of time.
The worst part about it is, that Tom Brady may still get into the HOF and thousands of young people will learn that CHEATERS do prosper.
So sad.

This is delusional....How many games would the Pats lose if .3 PSI was in the ball..... Nobody would even notice a difference.

Did you even read the report? There is a lot of misinformation going around.

No one really wants to debate this. I have put forth lots of opinions as to why I see things the way I do and no one can dispute them with logic. All the comebacks are not even addressing my points. It is laughable. Oh well, these things happen on other team sites.
From 12.5 PSI to under 11 = .3 PSI?

Your math is broken.

You spin more than Bill O'rielly does on his show the "Spin Zone".

NWPatsFan

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3mxnhr5b said:
NWPatsFan":3mxnhr5b said:
You failed to answer my question. So we will try again.......

If Brady didn't do anything wrong, why is the NFL going to suspend him?

That is a good question. My opinion is that the league is trying to cover up their incompetence. Remember, the league office leaked a story to Mort that said 11 of 12 balls were 2 PSI under inflated (or some nonsense like that). The Indy writer had some league sourced info that was also along those lines. This was before the Patriots were even made aware of the issue. They also conducted a sting to try and catch the Pats and are embarrassed by their utter incompetence. The main man in charge of the sting was Mike Kensil (he has a history of hating the Patriots, he worked for the Jets when BB went to the Patriots), this is a cover up to save his butt from being exposed. The lack of protocol by NFL officials is embarrassing also the list goes on.

If you really want answers to your question visit this thread at Patsfans.com:"Talk with Judge - Labor lawyer who deals with Unions every day" and other threads. There is definitely a bias on the site (just like all fan sites), but it will give you a different viewpoint and if you are the least bit open-minded on this issue you should be able to see where Pats fans are coming from.
Sooooo, to sum it up...... In your opinion, the league offices are just jealous haters and just decided to pick on Brady and the pats for poops and giggles??????

Wow, what a whopper of a fairy tale you believe in. Denial is not just a river in Egypt anymore........

Did you choose to ignore what I wrote or what? You might want to re-read my last response. You have completely embarrassed yourself. Maybe you don't agree with me, which seems obvious, but why ask a question and then choose to ignore my points in the reply? Seems like you are not very good at debating specifics. I am not great at it either, but at least I try to be fair and honest with the folks I am debating.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
NWPatsFan":463iryzj said:
Sports Hernia":463iryzj said:
NWPatsFan":463iryzj said:

That is a good question. My opinion is that the league is trying to cover up their incompetence. Remember, the league office leaked a story to Mort that said 11 of 12 balls were 2 PSI under inflated (or some nonsense like that). The Indy writer had some league sourced info that was also along those lines. This was before the Patriots were even made aware of the issue. They also conducted a sting to try and catch the Pats and are embarrassed by their utter incompetence. The main man in charge of the sting was Mike Kensil (he has a history of hating the Patriots, he worked for the Jets when BB went to the Patriots), this is a cover up to save his butt from being exposed. The lack of protocol by NFL officials is embarrassing also the list goes on.

If you really want answers to your question visit this thread at Patsfans.com:"Talk with Judge - Labor lawyer who deals with Unions every day" and other threads. There is definitely a bias on the site (just like all fan sites), but it will give you a different viewpoint and if you are the least bit open-minded on this issue you should be able to see where Pats fans are coming from.
Sooooo, to sum it up...... In your opinion, the league offices are just jealous haters and just decided to pick on Brady and the pats for poops and giggles??????

Wow, what a whopper of a fairy tale you believe in. Denial is not just a river in Egypt anymore........

Did you choose to ignore what I wrote or what? You might want to re-read my last response. You have completely embarrassed yourself. Maybe you don't agree with me, which seems obvious, but why ask a question and then choose to ignore my points in the reply? Seems like you are not very good at debating specifics. I am not great at it either, but at least I try to be fair and honest with the folks I am debating.
I'm not the one embarrassing myself as I am not the one defending a cheater like Tawmy Brady.

You are trying to dictate the rules of the debate, that's not going to happen. You are not being "fair and honest", as you are in full defense mode right now.

Brady could come right up to you and say "I told the equipment managers to deflate the footballs to 11 lbs psi" and then show you how they did it, and you STILL would think he's innocent.

Let's face the facts here, Brady, Billicheat, and the whole pats org can do NO WRONG in your eyes. I bet you believe Aaron Hernandez is an innocent man too and he was framed as well.

Your posts are full of delusion.

Throwdown

Reaction score
He's really trying, just admit your team got caught up, good god. No ones questioning your validity of your SB49 title, we practically handed yall that one at the goal line.

ringless

Reaction score
Throwdown":2f7jap6j said:
He's really trying, just admit your team got caught up, good god. No ones questioning your validity of your SB49 title, we practically handed yall that one at the goal line.

Which the same could be said about the Packers handing the game to the Seahawks in the prior game.....

PackerBacker19

Reaction score
ringless":uowuydo6 said:
Throwdown":uowuydo6 said:

Which the same could be said about the Packers handing the game to the Seahawks in the prior game.....

Spot on :stirthepot:

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
How is it a "sting" when all they did was check the balls at half time? A sting is when someone is deliberately tempted into committing a crime and then punished for it. Like leaving the keys in a car to catch car thieves, or setting up a fake deer to catch poachers. They're led to the crime they commit. The league doing a spot check of footballs during a game isn't a sting.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SnoCoHawk":212un76n said:
How is it a "sting" when all they did was check the balls at half time? A sting is when someone is deliberately tempted into committing a crime and then punished for it. Like leaving the keys in a car to catch car thieves, or setting up a fake deer to catch poachers. They're led to the crime they commit. The league doing a spot check of footballs during a game isn't a sting.
Go to any pats forums and read their conspiracy theorys. It's quite entertaining. 95% of the pats fans on the sites I visited echo the talking points of NWpatsfan or WORSE. I always thought that most pats fans were pretty level headed, looks like a wiffed bad on that assessment. They are on the Cowboys, Stealers, 49'er fan level of delusional, and may pass those other fan bases soon.

NWPatsFan

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2yviwsl3 said:
NWPatsFan":2yviwsl3 said:
Sports Hernia":2yviwsl3 said:
NWPatsFan":2yviwsl3 said:

I'm not the one embarrassing myself as I am not the one defending a cheater like Tawmy Brady.

You are trying to dictate the rules of the debate, that's not going to happen. You are not being "fair and honest", as you are in full defense mode right now.

Brady could come right up to you and say "I told the equipment managers to deflate the footballs to 11 lbs psi" and then show you how they did it, and you STILL would think he's innocent.

Let's face the facts here, Brady, Billicheat, and the whole pats org can do NO WRONG in your eyes. I bet you believe Aaron Hernandez is an innocent man too and he was framed as well.

You assume a lot.

If Brady admitted to doing it I would move on. I don't think it is that big of an issue, but if the guy says he didn't do it and the evidence is as weak as it is, I will discuss it and look for explanations. I am sure some Seahawks fans did the same when Sherman had his "problems" with the NFL.

Look, I don't know you and only get from you what you write and so it seems like you refuse to address the theories I have put out there. That is your right, I just think it seems a bit "off" from what I would consider normal debating behavior.

Also, although Spygate is way blown out of proportion, I believe the Pats were guilty of breaking a "rule" that was in place. The punishment was way off in my mind, not the guiltiness. So you are wrong to assume I would never admit that the Patriots have never done any wrong. They are made up of humans and they make mistakes, just like every other franchise in the NFL. It is silly that the Patriots are singled out as such a bad organization when even the Seahawks were caught "cheating" by having illegal practices last year, whatever, who cares it is a game and they are trying to get away with things. They got caught and they paid the fine. Conversely when teams don't commit a violation, why should they admit to it. "It's about honor, it's about respect"

Scottemojo

Reaction score
It is amusing that Brady will always be mentioned as the guy who cheated in greatest ever debates. He nullified his chances to be the best by lying his ass off.

I bear the Pats no ill will. They didn't make the shitty play call. I have never been jealous of their success. They are not in the Hawks division, there is no rivalry, though I will admit I was happy as hell they choked on going 19-0, mostly because the softest single season schedule in the history of the NFL didn't deserve a 19-0 mark.

Fact is, the long term cheating, texts do verify "deflator" was doing his thing at least in 2013 and 2014, isn't that big a bother to me. And not because I assume everyone was doing it, though I am sure more than the Pats were. I feel that way because I can see how the NFL created an atmosphere where it kind of felt OK to do it. Not so OK that Tom and his two idiots didn't still sneak around though.

But Tom deserves to be suspended for lying his ass off. The cover up is always worse than the crime. Tom played dumb in front of the country the week after the game where years of bending rules finally got caught. Pretending he didn't know the name of a guy he was spending hours talking to that week while he was in the process of covering his ass. Seriously, he stood in front of the country and pretended he did not know that guy, but had been yakking with him on the phone for a substantial period of time before that presser.

What a dishonest piece of shit. He had the choice to be Giambi or Bonds. He chose Bonds. Nobody talks shit about Jason Giambi anymore. Everybody hates Bonds. The public never forgives liars.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I also think it hilarious that anyone who owns a Brady jersey can't wear it around with out getting flipped some shit. Even when he is in the HOF, wearing his jersey will have a price.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
There is more than the advantage a QB gets from a deflated ball. It affects the whole team. RBs and WRs grip it better too. Therefore making fumbles more difficult for the opposing team. It is a shame that a team as talented as NE felt the need to cheat. They are a very good football team. All involved should be punished IMO. Shannon Sharpe was very vocal about it. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...-should-be-suspended-4-games-belichick-1-year
The Super Bowl was not affected because it was caught before the game, however what about all the other games before that? (regular season, playoffs).
It leaves a sick taste in my mouth.

chris98251

Reaction score
Spygate, the tampering with Parcells, the tampering with players and contacting them outside the rules, the manipulation of players injuries, the whole Blount resigning, the trying to purposely confuse the officials with substitutions of eligible receivers, deflate gate.

I may be missing a few but it would seem that when something happens concerning the Patriots, the track record and history says if it smells like a cheat and looks like a cheat then it's probably true when it's a Patriot.

Your history has condemned you, you don't get to use the we didn't know or it was human error when your track record indicates that your business model is one of trying to circumvent the rules at every chance and turn.

Sure other teams have had players do stuff and they get caught and own it or pay the penalty, other teams have pushed the practice limitations as well, not just one but several, they paid the fine or dealt with the punishment and owned it.

The problem with the Patriots, at every turn they have an excuse and claim they were wronged by having to deal with the investigation and that they are a target.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":3s0vlcz5 said:

....or is it early signs that the parents are teaching the wrong school of thought? Hard cowpies always roll down hill...hardly ever uphill.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
NWPatsFan":omhnc732 said:
Sports Hernia":omhnc732 said:
NWPatsFan":omhnc732 said:
Sports Hernia":omhnc732 said:

You assume a lot.

If Brady admitted to doing it I would move on. I don't think it is that big of an issue, but if the guy says he didn't do it and the evidence is as weak as it is, I will discuss it and look for explanations. I am sure some Seahawks fans did the same when Sherman had his "problems" with the NFL.

Look, I don't know you and only get from you what you write and so it seems like you refuse to address the theories I have put out there. That is your right, I just think it seems a bit "off" from what I would consider normal debating behavior.

Also, although Spygate is way blown out of proportion, I believe the Pats were guilty of breaking a "rule" that was in place. The punishment was way off in my mind, not the guiltiness. So you are wrong to assume I would never admit that the Patriots have never done any wrong. They are made up of humans and they make mistakes, just like every other franchise in the NFL. It is silly that the Patriots are singled out as such a bad organization when even the Seahawks were caught "cheating" by having illegal practices last year, whatever, who cares it is a game and they are trying to get away with things. They got caught and they paid the fine. Conversely when teams don't commit a violation, why should they admit to it. "It's about honor, it's about respect"
Blah blah blah word salad. I only know you from your posting, you might be the nicest most wonderful guy on the planet. .....but from your posts, your online persona seems gullible, and that will make any excuse for his team's wrong doing. Everyone but you can apparently see this.

Like I asked, if Brady is innocent, why is the league going to suspend him? Is Rog (Krafts buddy) jealous of the Patriots too?

Riley12

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":3e07dt8p said:
This pats fan is amazing

He's not unusual - more the exception than the rule.

Before the Super Bowl, most of the Pats fans I talked to took the view that "the ends justify the means"
Although they said it more like "Who effin' cares if we cheated?!? We're here and that's all that matters."
They'd also commonly throw in a "They hate us cause they ain't us"

Now, post investigation and report, they are generally blind defenders of their franchise. They simply can't see or process what non-fans and the fans of 31 other teams see.

They have basically become Tobias from Arrested Development.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Riley12":7kkrjme9 said:
TheRealDTM":7kkrjme9 said:
This pats fan is amazing

He's not unusual - more the exception than the rule.

Before the Super Bowl, most of the Pats fans I talked to took the view that "the ends justify the means"
Although they said it more like "Who effin' cares if we cheated?!? We're here and that's all that matters."
They'd also commonly throw in a "They hate us cause they ain't us"

Now, post investigation and report, they are generally blind defenders of their franchise. They simply can't see or process what non-fans and the fans of 31 other teams see.

They have basically become Tobias from Arrested Development.
The last line made me laugh, so true.

sutz

Reaction score
Doesn't matter how many games they suspend him.

The one game that he should have been suspended for is in the records. :229031_shrug:

Latest posts