Blount: Russell nearing deal with Seattle

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Wait, Blount is breaking news now? Yeah right. He is the least informed sports writer I've ever read. He somehow did the impossible and made me stop reading the ESPN Seahawks blog. I'm thinking this is typical Blount speculating on things that everyone knows.

rideaducati

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":19cpbp4t said:
Wait, Blount is breaking news now? Yeah right. He is the least informed sports writer I've ever read. He somehow did the impossible and made me stop reading the ESPN Seahawks blog. I'm thinking this is typical Blount speculating on things that everyone knows.

Blount does less research into his Seahawks "articles" than whiner fans do into their Seahawk posts, which is just sad because Blount is labeled as the "Seahawks Blogger" and is often less accurate than niner fans. Ugh.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
rideaducati":1dq6g7mw said:
EverydayImRusselin":1dq6g7mw said:

Blount does less research into his Seahawks "articles" than whiner fans do into their Seahawk posts, which is just sad because Blount is labeled as the "Seahawks Blogger" and is often less accurate than niner fans. Ugh.

It seems like it is a part time gig. When he does post it is usually old information or q required piece that ESPN makes him do. He adds ZERO value to 90% of the Seahawk fans. I would rather have someone who did not like the Hawks posting. At least we might get some effort and emotion.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Largent80":ieuftt9f said:
Maybe Blount is Hawksurething.

Hawksurething has passion in his writing while Blount seems to have indigestion in his. Both are poor at what they do online though.

Largent80

Reaction score
But if you combine both best qualities you get Passionate Indigestion. Good name for a band.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Largent80":2c10hee9 said:
But if you combine both best qualities you get Passionate Indigestion. Good name for a band.

I'm stealing it, much better name than mouse rat.

dadof3

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":90a8j9pq said:
The only time Blount gets a scoop is at Baskin Robbins

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
SeatownJay":16e5q0mk said:
Surprise, surprise. Apparently Blount's "scoop" is completely unfounded.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... talks-yet/

... so says yet ANOTHER unnamed source. I don't think Florio's "source" is any more or less reliable than Blount's "source" at this point, and would advise that people take both reports with a grain of salt until someone is willing to actually go on the record.

seabowl

Reaction score
Legarrette Blount brings more insight into the Hawks than Terry.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Has Terry Blount ever scooped any actual Hawks news? I don't think so. He's clueless. Sorry folks but the deal ain't close

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Shadowhawk":t04vh8qr said:
SeatownJay":t04vh8qr said:

... so says yet ANOTHER unnamed source. I don't think Florio's "source" is any more or less reliable than Blount's "source" at this point, and would advise that people take both reports with a grain of salt until someone is willing to actually go on the record.

Jason La Confora reporting the same thing as Florio as well.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/579465633676566528[/tweet]

No one is going to go on record until this stuff is official, that's just not goona happen. I mean, I would take everything I read on the internet with a grain of salt, it's just that there's a little more salt when it comes to Blount trying to break news because he doesn't have much credibility in it compared to people like Florio and JLC who have done it for years and have built credibility doing it.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":1mesq21l said:
Shadowhawk":1mesq21l said:
SeatownJay":1mesq21l said:

Jason La Confora reporting the same thing as Florio as well.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/579465633676566528[/tweet]

No one is going to go on record until this stuff is official, that's just not goona happen. I mean, I would take everything I read on the internet with a grain of salt, it's just that there's a little more salt when it comes to Blount trying to break news because he doesn't have much credibility in it compared to people like Florio and JLC who have done it for years and have built credibility doing it.

JLC has a LOT more credibility than Florio, in my opinion. If there was a post on PFT saying that the sun would come up tomorrow I would wait for corroboration. Still, I don't really put stock in what Terry Blount says either. It just gets old. We saw what happened last week when a Dallas beat reporter tweeted that Michael Bennett wanted a trade, and that "report" was based on nothing more than unnamed sources. It's annoying to see all of these headlines and "breaking news reports" based on nothing but claims from an unknown person or persons that we have no way to evaluate, reported by people who place a higher value on being first with a story than with being accurate.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
I swear Schneider said in a recent interview that the contract extension with Wilson wasn't even close.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
The real problem isn't whether or not Terry Blount is a good reporter. I mean, there's lots of people who cover the Seahawks and you can read and/or ignore whomever you choose.

The true problem is whenever any of these guys have a "scoop" from a "source" it either gets tweeted or reported and every other reporter has to acknowledge it and comment on it , and then sports radio and internet message boards have to spend hours re-hashing it whether it's been vetted as BS or not.

This has happened twice in a week with the Bennett and Wilson stories and it isn't going to stop. As fans, we just need to get better at sensing what is BS or not. Usually a story it not leaked to just one local reporter .. if it's true it will spread to other reporters pretty quickly. If within 24 hours nothing else has developed, chances are you can forget about it.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
The whole media is bs now. We're in this age of internet yellow journalism. They just make stuff up.