Best Seahawk of the 21st Century

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
A reasonable take. For me it boils down to would I take a player before them. I'd take Lewis and Singletary (mad respect for Butkus and Lambert, but they didn't have the speed for this era) before I chose Wagner. There is no left tackle I would take before Jones.

I'd take Munoz before Big Walt, but that's it.

Rat

Reaction score
Sherman and Earl were much more integral to our success than Kam. People just fixated on how they left. Kam probably would have finished with another team also had he not been hurt. Getting paid wasnt any less of a priority for him than it was for the others.

chris98251

Reaction score
Kam was the heart of that defense, he set tone, demeaner, and also standards of excellence that everyone else were held to. He was more then just a intimidator soul stealer on the field.

Rat

Reaction score
Kam got to play his game, tee off on people, and do all the Project Badass stuff that looks fun on tape because he had two elite (if not all-time) coverage guys who shut down like 2/3rds of the field.

Amazing player who I've long contended was robbed of SB MVP, but on a list like this, he's considerably behind Sherm and Earl to me. I think his value often gets overstated because people are bitter about how the other two left, forgetting that he held our cap hostage for several years with holdouts and not retiring when he was clearly done. I dont fault him at all for that, but I'm not going to pretend that he was Mr. Team and didnt care about getting paid first and foremost either.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
My first thought as well, but I can easily make similar arguments for Kam as well. I think Kam is probably the second best on this list, but I wouldn't be offended if they got swapped. Both of these guys played their positions like no other Seahawk player before or since.
For half his career, Jones was the best player at his position than anyone else was at theirs. Top 3 all time (position among the 3 may vary) at a top 3 most important position.

Now, depending on what "best" means, I can see an argument for both Kim and Beast for that spot. If it's pure skill and dominance at their position, then Jones hands down, but his success didn't translate to league domination. Kam was the brains, the braun, and the glue for a top 4 all time defense but the team wasn't dominant until Beast showed up and gave them an identity. For most important, I'd put Kam and Beast at 1a/1b.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Tough, tough list but if we are all being 100% real here it has to be Big Walt.