Best play in Seahawk history?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I don't see how you guys can say anything other than Sherman's tip. Other than it happening IN the actual Super Bowl, there's no other play that comes close to it's magnitude.

1. NFC Championship
2. Opponent
3. Game saving
4. Aftermath drama which only heightened the attention and relevance

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
TXHawkFan":3ltp3qoo said:
I'd rate Beastquake as the greatest play but The Tip as the most important play in Seattle sports history.
I'll go with this. The importance of The Tip cannot be overstated. It may well be the play that defines this era of the Seahawks like The Catch did for Frisco or the Immaculate Deflection (Deception) did for Pissburgh.

FDNYHAWK

Reaction score
Off the top of my head
1-The tip
2-Beast mode.
3- Largents a hit on harden
4- Kreig to skanski (?) to beat kc as Derrick Thomas had 8 sacks.

253hawk

Reaction score
FDNYHAWK":i8tjbkz0 said:

Would have been his 8th but Krieg slipped out of it for the buzzer-beater; he finished with 7.

The Tip is definitely the modern-era equivalent of The Catch. An incredible, game-deciding play over a heated rival in the NFCCG to earn the right to a SB and hopefully...a dynasty.

T3WcmeF

theascension

Reaction score
Just the tip baby.

Also Sherman is almost underrated on this board. Many rated Bennett and Earl higher in the last poll and yet... the dude just makes winning plays so often. I would be so disappointed if he doesn't become a seahawk forever (and surprised since Carroll has been in his life since high school).

dbmack

Reaction score
The Tip and it isn't even close for me. I wish Malcom Smith got more credit than he got for it. That is the main reason I'm so glad he got the MVP that could have gone to a number of players.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Beast Quake was the most awesome play to watch, but The Tip was the most meaningful.

Largent80

Reaction score
Harvins second half kickoff return was the coffin nail for Denver and procured a sure Seahawk SB win.

2nd on my list was Largents catch in Miami to win the game in 83 (?).

HawkWow

Reaction score
Timing is everything. I have to say the TIP because of the timing, followed by Beastquake for a plethora of reasons. But on the subject of timing. In the SB, imagine had we been down by 6, little time remaining on the clock, and Kearse does that pinball wizard thing into the endzone for the winning score.

Starrman44

Reaction score
The Tip, baby. It was for all the marbles. Really the Super Bowl was won on that play (I figure it was like killing two birds with one stone). Santa Clara woulda surely killed the Broncos if we lost.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
There's still something about Beastquake. It's the raw strength of Marshawn, the length of the run, the time it took to develop, the power of the crowd, the incredulity of the announcers, and the underdog-becoming-the-victor appeal that bests The Tip for me.

Plus, as the odds-on favorite, we should have won the NFC Championship game. We "shouldn't" have won the WC Game. The "Respect, Earned" factor trumps The Tip for me.

Largent's Hit rounds out the Top 3.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Beastquake was the most impressive play but I agree with others that The Tip wins this pretty easily. The historical importance of the two respectively just isn't close. One wildcard win, followed by a divisional round blowout loss and a 2-6 start to the next season, doesn't indicate to me that Beastquake really had a huge effect beyond that one individual win...it was just so incredibly awesome in a vacuum that it gets a place historically on that basis.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Our Man in Chicago":27i8dz3k said:
There's still something about Beastquake. It's the raw strength of Marshawn, the length of the run, the time it took to develop, the power of the crowd, the incredulity of the announcers, and the underdog-becoming-the-victor appeal that bests The Tip for me.

Plus, as the odds-on favorite, we should have won the NFC Championship game. We "shouldn't" have won the WC Game. The "Respect, Earned" factor trumps The Tip for me.

Largent's Hit rounds out the Top 3.

Good call. When considering the story surrounding the hit, Largent's hit on Harden was definitely an all timer. I can still see the look on good guy Largent's face after the hit...the cat that ate the canary,

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
253hawk":19utmxxc said:
FDNYHAWK":19utmxxc said:

Would have been his 8th but Krieg slipped out of it for the buzzer-beater; he finished with 7.

The Tip is definitely the modern-era equivalent of The Catch. An incredible, game-deciding play over a heated rival in the NFCCG to earn the right to a SB and hopefully...a dynasty.

T3WcmeF

I see what you did there with that pic....Lol, Too cool.

Sherm would have tipped that one back then too!

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
Here's another thing about Beastquake: it's one of the longer non-turnover, non-special-teams plays in NFL history (at around 16 seconds). It was a gauntlet the whole way. Steve Young's legendary run vs. the Vikings is longer, but there aren't many at that level.

I've never heard anyone mention that.

Rocket

Reaction score
The Harden Collision and recovery... remember there were two aspects to the play.
Not only was there the revenge tackle, but he ended up with the ball.
He was a special, special player.

Rocket

Reaction score
I had that whole game taped, my only long-term video of a game.

Alas, it didn't survive Mother nature. Bitch.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":31fwdva3 said:
Off the top of my head, a few of the ones I'd put in contention, and in no particular order:

The Tip
The BeastQuake
Largent's Revenge
Seneca's Catch
Kearse's 4th and 7 catch

Amazing that so many of the biggest plays in Seahawks history seem to have come from this team. I know my old man memory has lost a few that probably belong on this list, but that's the way of it. There are others like Bo vs. Boz, which are top-10 plays involving the Seahawks, but certainly not top-10 Seahawks plays, if you know what I mean.

Dang, that's a rock solid list! :th2thumbs:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Rocket":3nszz8r1 said:
The Harden Collision and recovery... remember there were two aspects to the play.
Not only was there the revenge tackle, but he ended up with the ball.
He was a special, special player.
Yep, was at the game as a kid in Highschool, watching that play will NEVER get old! :th2thumbs:

Latest posts