Bennett still grumbling to the media

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Funny that he wants more $$ too. :D

He wants more of the pie, which would take more money from one of these "middle men".

Please just stop talking Bennett.

McGruff

Reaction score
Was Bennett complaining about the "little guys" and the "middle men" getting it in the shaft when Clemons and Red were cut in 2014 to accommodate his shinny new contract?

A contract that, BTW, still has HIM as the 3rd highest cap hit on this team in 2015?

HawkFan72

Reaction score
McGruff":2fw2n5ih said:
Was Bennett complaining about the "little guys" and the "middle men" getting it in the shaft when Clemons and Red were cut in 2014 to accommodate his shinny new contract?

A contract that, BTW, still has HIM as the 3rd highest cap hit on this team in 2015?

Exactly. The ONLY reason he's mad right now is because he wants more money and the FO won't give it to him. All this talk about "middle men" is only an attempt to justify his greed.

He's being hypocritical. He's irritated that the FO gave out big contracts to other players, but at the same time he wants more for himself.

Like I said above, if he really cares about other players' big contracts causing other players to be cut then his issues are with the players around him. Not the Front Office. He needs to make up his mind who his crusade is against. Because right now he's not really picking a side that is consistent.

raisethe3

Reaction score
Let's say, if Frank Clark develop into the type of player that Bennett is. Would it be possible to cut Bennett in his final year of his contract or his third year to save money? I am unsure how contract works.

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
I think he just needs to stop talking so much.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Did he honestly just insinuate that he needs to get paid like Wilson and Wagner ? Unbelievable.

He just needs to shut up and play. Sure, he's great. Sure, he's versatile. But if everything goes as Schneider has planned, he'll be replaceable, and when he's cut as a cap casualty towards the end of his contract, he'll be wishing he could earn the entire thing.

Teams won't be lining up to pay a 33 year old DE that's average on the outside 10 million a year.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Sprfunk":15kdvwtg said:
GLio14":15kdvwtg said:
Honestly, the NFL gotta get rid of this rule that players are allowed to restructure deals. You sign a contract, own up to it dammit. Especially when you just signed it a year ago. It's honestly one of the most immature things.

Nfl teams constantly break contracts with players. Its a two way street.
No they don't

AVL

Reaction score
I wish player contracts were private. Just shut up and play!

Seahawks4life

Reaction score
I swear some of these hits these players take to the head must be effecting them, what a Stupid comment from a guy who makes millions and like someone else said is 3rd highest paid on team but yet calls himself a middle man???

Seattle has been more than fair on the contracts handed out and these guys and there agents chose to sign them. Between Bruce and Mike B, almost hoping this is there last year here because I feel they are not being quiet in the locker room about the money they think there owed.

themunn

Reaction score
homerun1970":csyd4l9l said:
I sure wish I could agree to work for someone for a set wage then demand more. He is a good player minus all the jump the snap false starts, the act however is getting stale.

You can though?

I certainly agreed to work for my company for a set wage and then asked my boss for a raise a few weeks ago because I felt my performance deserved it.

Not sure what makes it so different other than nobody cares whether or not I did.

Infamous425

Reaction score
He really needs to shut up. If i remember correctly he only got one offer that was higher than the seahawks offer and he still didnt take it

Jerhawk

Reaction score
ringless":2un07i3c said:
Bennett isn't going to hold out. He has ZERO leverage. He still has 3 years left on his contract. There is nothing he can do but show up or lose money on something he has no shot at. If I were you guys I'd just ignore what he has to say... He isn't going to see another dollar added onto his contract anytime soon.

Agreed. Bennett really doesn't have any leverage right now. Just accept the contract and play the game

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
"They pay certain people a lot of money, and other guys feel like they should be paid just as much as those guys because everybody contributes to the Super Bowls and the championships."

So everyone gets paid the same. Its a team right Bennett? Salary cap is $143.28 million

All 53 players get paid, $2,703,396. Even steven across the board. Fair?

So Bennett, we'll need to slash your pay by $3,296,603 for the year. Alright? Cool.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Bennett's mad cause other players are taking away from him attention whoring about his contract. WAIT, LOOK AT ME! I'M UNHAPPY TOO REMEMBER!!

You'd think players in 2015 would get that 99% of fans have ZERO sympathy towards them crying about money. All it does is irritate us.

If you're unhappy, fine. STFU, talk to your agent and stay off social media/talking to the press about it.

ivotuk

Reaction score
rcaido":1o0nbml3 said:
Remember last year with Lynch, everyone wanted to get rid of him... Once the season starts & Bennett is wrecking Oline, yall will forget all this nonsense.

LOL! Love your avatar! :p

hawkfannj

Reaction score
rcaido":3ae1nd89 said:
Remember last year with Lynch, everyone wanted to get rid of him... Once the season starts & Bennett is wrecking Oline, yall will forget all this nonsense.
+1 we most definitely will . But still does not negate the fact that he did sign a contract one year ago . A little early in my opinion

Scottemojo

Reaction score
If I was JS, I would promise him 5 mil if he gets 12 sacks.

Without jumping offsides one time.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
rcaido":26dl8hw5 said:

If....if he wrecks olines AND QBs this will be forgotten about .... But he needs to do more than he did last season to justify asking for a pay raise.