Beavers @ Huskies

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Important win by Petersen. He is building something here that is far greater than anything Sarkisian would have done.

Now beat the Cougs! And win the bowl game for a 9th win!

HawkWow

Reaction score
Didn't get to see the game (of course!). Looking at the boxscore, it looked like Pete really limited Coop's touches...due to the fumble perhaps?

It also looked like Miles played very well. I understand the long connections bumped his numbers, but his completion rate was also excellent. Bunch of short dump offs with the occasional long ball or was he actually looking solid across the board?

I guess I won't pussy-foot around what I'm really asking: Does it look to you (that watched his latest performance) like Miles could ultimately be our guy (gulp)?

SeatownJay

Reaction score
HawkWow":39z22i8n said:
Didn't get to see the game (of course!). Looking at the boxscore, it looked like Pete really limited Coop's touches...due to the fumble perhaps?

It also looked like Miles played very well. I understand the long connections bumped his numbers, but his completion rate was also excellent. Bunch of short dump offs with the occasional long ball or was he actually looking solid across the board?

I guess I won't pussy-foot around what I'm really asking: Does it look to you (that watched his latest performance) like Miles could ultimately be our guy (gulp)?
I said this in the Petersen thread, but regarding Miles: his mechanics are still a mess, his arm strength is still questionable, but his decision making has improved greatly as the season has gone on. I think he can be a serviceable caretaker at QB until Carta-Samuels or Browning are ready.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Thanks. I definitely don't anticipate improvements in the weakness' you cite. Not much he will be able to do with the arm strength largely because his motion is so flawed. He could curl and kick back 80 lb dumbbells and probably still be noodle armed just because of his mechanics. That stuff should have been corrected in Peewee league and I don't mean that sarcastically.

The good news (?) is he's been throwing that way his whole life and has learned ways to work around it. I am encouraged by your answer and opinion because there's more than one way to skin a cat and with some confidence and a badass run game, as you said, he just may prove to be serviceable.

I know little of Browning and Samuels. You pretty high on them?

SeatownJay

Reaction score
KJ Carta-Samuels is a true freshman. 4-star recruit out of Bellermine Prep in California. He's got size (6'3", 210#) and mobility. His high school offense ran a bit of everything, triple option, traditional drop back, shotgun. Watching his highlight videos on Youtube, he has a decent arm and good accuracy, even on the move.

Jake Browning has verbally committed to UW. Another 4 star recruit out of California (Folsom HS). A little smaller than KJ (6'2", 185#), he plays in a spread passing offense. His senior stats are mind-blowing: 12 games, 69.4% comp. (268/386), 4300 yards, 70 TDs, 4 Ints. And his season isn't over yet. His arm might be better than KJ's.