Beastmode mad?

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Beastmode is mad. As he should be. Bevell made horrible playcalls but what's even worse was the OL. Beastmode should be mad at the 5 guys blocking in front of him. No one showed up last night. No help there. Long and Quinn owned the Seahawks. It was the Rams stupidity that won the game for the Seahawks. Consider this the lucky win for the season.

hawker84

Reaction score
Not understanding some of the sentiment about running regardless of it's success. They stacked the box for a reason, to take that away, to continue to pound the rock and smash into a 8,9 man brick wall is pointless and counter productive.

I agree with the goaline situation though, they should have gave it to lynch a couple times, other than that he would have had minimal success last night pounding the rockl. It was clear they knew they could get to wilson, so they were going to take away lynch and make wilson make plays, unfortunately for us, 1 second per drop back is not enough time to make plays. This attrocity is squarely on our O line, not their fault really, we just need our guys back healthy going down the stretch, especially against NO an SF, we've got to score TD's in those games to win...

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Carmon1274":3oujg838 said:
Wow Lynch acting like Dez Bryant. I wonder what some of u guys will think, cuz I know what u guys wrote on Dez.

I didn't write anything about Dez on here, but elsewhere I supported Dez. And after hearing audio of him on the sidelines, I felt even better about it

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
The Beast may be mad, but it can't all be directed at play calling. We tried shoving Marshawn Lynch down their throats and several times he was stuffed for no gain or a loss. Our run game had no chance at beating that many guys on a great defense stacked in the box against the running back. The only way to do that would have been to soften it up and force them into more honest coverage by beating them with the passing game and screen passes. That wasn't working either, but that had to work first before we got the Beastmode running well.

We'd be livid this morning if we tried three times to stuff the ball in the end zone with Marshawn Lynch and refused to give up on a run game that just wasn't working. We got cute 'cause we needed to get cute against a stout defense. And it worked well enough to finally get the points we needed.

Axx

Reaction score
hopefully percy can negate the 8 man box by forcing them to gameplan around him as well instead of just marshawn .

Axx

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":mffa0vq7 said:
The Beast may be mad, but it can't all be directed at play calling. We tried shoving Marshawn Lynch down their throats and several times he was stuffed for no gain or a loss. Our run game had no chance at beating that many guys on a great defense stacked in the box against the running back. The only way to do that would have been to soften it up and force them into more honest coverage by beating them with the passing game and screen passes. That wasn't working either, but that had to work first before we got the Beastmode running well.

We'd be livid this morning if we tried three times to stuff the ball in the end zone with Marshawn Lynch and refused to give up on a run game that just wasn't working. We got cute 'cause we needed to get cute against a stout defense. And it worked well enough to finally get the points we needed.

They could get away with stacking the box because their DE's would get to wilson ln about 2.5 seconds

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
kearly":8ecv86gx said:
Stack the box with 8, sometimes 9 defenders ...take away Wilson's escape lanes... consistently get to the QB in 3 seconds or less... it's the perfect recipe to foil Seattle's offense, which no way to counter pressure other than to run the football. But when teams stack the box, running usually isn't smart. And the Rams were winning the battles in the run game all night, on both sides of the ball.

Seattle desperately needs to develop some form of a quick passing game. Quick passes, screens, bubble screens. Something.

I don't get why we don't go 2TEs and a FB and say, "You know what, the running game is our calling card, we will stuff it down your throats even if you know it's coming," and then proceed to at least try to do just that.

Especially if we're not running screens and slants for whatever reason.

Seeker

Reaction score
Bevell has too many toys and wants to pass and fly. calm down dude, we need to run.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
He has every right to be angry, that was a pitiful offensive gameplan.

Hawks46

Reaction score
kearly":3ps2lmol said:
Stack the box with 8, sometimes 9 defenders ...take away Wilson's escape lanes... consistently get to the QB in 3 seconds or less... it's the perfect recipe to foil Seattle's offense, which no way to counter pressure other than to run the football. But when teams stack the box, running usually isn't smart. And the Rams were winning the battles in the run game all night, on both sides of the ball.

Seattle desperately needs to develop some form of a quick passing game. Quick passes, screens, bubble screens. Something.

Totally agree 100%.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
jake206":2kgm5z70 said:
Question: Why the heck was Russell running the ball in goal line situation and not giving it to Marshawn? WTH. Please explain to me, Darrell Bevell.
Carroll said that Wilson made the mistake there. He was supposed to give the ball to Lynch in the option, but chose to keep it instead. Carroll said he talked to Wilson about that and also said they may have to take the option away from Wilson in those situations in the future so there is no misunderstanding.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I would be mad too if I was a beats of a runningback and only got 8 carries, I mean we have seen plenty of 8 and 9 man boxes before and we still managed to produce on the ground. Bevell took the ball out of Marshawn's hands and put it in the hands of really the oline, which was complete garbage. I mean run a screen bevell, we ran what......2 screens the entire game? Pathetic!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
jake206":2gtspgyc said:
Question: Why the heck was Russell running the ball in goal line situation and not giving it to Marshawn? WTH. Please explain to me, Darrell Bevell.

I could explain the bootleg on 3rd down if Lynch got stuffed on 1st and 2nd down. But I cannot explain two bootlegs in a row without even giving Lynch a chance.

Isn't 1st and goal WHY you brought back Mike Rob? Jesus, load it up and pound it.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
hawker84":6dg1uopm said:
Not understanding some of the sentiment about running regardless of it's success. They stacked the box for a reason, to take that away, to continue to pound the rock and smash into a 8,9 man brick wall is pointless and counter productive.

I agree with the goaline situation though, they should have gave it to lynch a couple times, other than that he would have had minimal success last night pounding the rockl. It was clear they knew they could get to wilson, so they were going to take away lynch and make wilson make plays, unfortunately for us, 1 second per drop back is not enough time to make plays. This attrocity is squarely on our O line, not their fault really, we just need our guys back healthy going down the stretch, especially against NO an SF, we've got to score TD's in those games to win...

No, Rushing the ball your O-Linemen become attackers and in Passing your Line becomes defenders.

As attackers, you have a chance to wear the other team out more... its identity of this team.

As defenders, the other team gets the most advantage because our pass protection is horrendous.

I rather had kept pounding the ball with Lynch, Turbin, hell get Michael off the bench and see if he can make a play or two. I'd rather have 3 and outs running the ball and attacking defenders making them work harder to make plays than watch Wilson getting hit what seemed like 20-30 times.

kjreid

Reaction score
Stacking the box with 8 men and both ends crashing the Hawks needed to quick pitch to Lynch to gain the edge or quick ins to the Wide outs. At very least more than 1 screen play. Bevell is alienating Lynch with his horrendous play calling

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
What I don't understand is why the Seahawks weren't running more counters, and draws in the run game. I don't think I saw one draw, the draw is a great counter to pressure. I also was disturbed by the lack of short routes that were called. We kept trying to press the issue downfield, that doesn't work when your tackles aren't giving the QB enough time to throw. I was also baffled that we only tried a few screens, it seemed they were effective when we used them. Why not use some of Sweezy's athletism?

hawker84

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":2egz4ekx said:
hawker84":2egz4ekx said:

No, Rushing the ball your O-Linemen become attackers and in Passing your Line becomes defenders.

As attackers, you have a chance to wear the other team out more... its identity of this team.

As defenders, the other team gets the most advantage because our pass protection is horrendous.

I rather had kept pounding the ball with Lynch, Turbin, hell get Michael off the bench and see if he can make a play or two. I'd rather have 3 and outs running the ball and attacking defenders making them work harder to make plays than watch Wilson getting hit what seemed like 20-30 times.

i guess we agree to disagree, the run game was not working.... i don't agree with the drop back passing, i think they should have went to some screens or pitch outs, anything other than trying to run up the middle, their D line owned our O line last night and it wasn't even close.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":uygbtbok said:
jake206":uygbtbok said:
Carroll said that Wilson made the mistake there. He was supposed to give the ball to Lynch in the option, but chose to keep it instead. Carroll said he talked to Wilson about that and also said they may have to take the option away from Wilson in those situations in the future so there is no misunderstanding.

REALLY? An interesting fact the Bevell-haters will conveniently ignore.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
bestfightstory":34tafuwx said:
SalishHawkFan":34tafuwx said:
jake206":34tafuwx said:

REALLY? An interesting fact the Bevell-haters will conveniently ignore.

Or you can say that maybe they should have tried to run on 1st and goal from the 1 in a jumbo set with a full back instead of coming out in a Shotgun-Empty only to motion Lynch back into the backfield and basically show their hand to everyone.