Baldy's film breakdown of Seahawk blocking verses Vikings

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/1201895205709836290[/tweet]

Link to Baldy's film breakdown of Seahawk blocking verses Vikings >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.nfl.com/videos/baldys-breakdowns/0ap3000001083692/Film-review-of-Seahawks-O-line-dominance-vs-Vikes-Baldy-s-Breakdowns[/urltargetblank]

Loved every moment of the Seahawk Monster Mash. :2thumbs:

sutz

Reaction score
Baldy is old school. He loves him some running game. :mrgreen:

hawks85

Reaction score
Yup, The main difference with us and the ravens rushing attack is Baltimore's rushing yards come from their QB. Lamar Jackson has almost a thousand yards on the ground. Thats more than any of their RB's combined. With us our rushing yards come from our RB's. Wilson has some yards on the ground. My point is we have a true legit rushing attack. I'm not impressed with the ravens at all. They are a below average team without Jackson.

Polk738

Reaction score
It's good seeing Joey Hunt redeem himself in the run game considering he's gotten destroyed over the last couple of weeks, hope he's ready for Aaron Donald.

justafan

Reaction score
Thanks for the link.I still cant believe the physical beating we gave that D. That was the best our Oline has looked in a long time.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Way better than the Tom Cable "fall and roll around" blocking schemes.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
That was some great stuff. Thanks for posting it. I appreciate it. :2thumbs:

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
hawks85":ztqqwu1v said:
Yup, The main difference with us and the ravens rushing attack is Baltimore's rushing yards come from their QB. Lamar Jackson has almost a thousand yards on the ground. Thats more than any of their RB's combined. With us our rushing yards come from our RB's. Wilson has some yards on the ground. My point is we have a true legit rushing attack. I'm not impressed with the ravens at all. They are a below average team without Jackson.
But they HAVE Jackson. Your point is moot. lol

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Considering how much Baldy used to (and deservedly so) trash our o-line under Cable, its refreshing to see him heaping praise after a game like that.

chris98251

Reaction score
The reason Brown isn't getting targeted is really due to Gordons ability to Catch, separate and Block.

tonyseahawk

Reaction score
what stands out to me is Metcalf, Hollister and Fant. Seriously blocking studs. DK is a friggin stud blocking, and you dont see Hollister or Fant miss any blocks really. Just crazy good right now

chris98251

Reaction score
tonyseahawk":1wzf39pp said:
what stands out to me is Metcalf, Hollister and Fant. Seriously blocking studs. DK is a friggin stud blocking, and you dont see Hollister or Fant miss any blocks really. Just crazy good right now

People have compared him Metcalf to T.O. in some aspects, yes early on T.O. also had drop issues, but people don't realize how devastating a blocker he was also.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Really enjoyed seeing DK's total commitment to blocking in the run game. In one of those, I saw he was blocking a LB, and he truly stalemated, even won, that block, and it sprung Penny, among other blocks.

This also shows why we're not seeing much John Ursua, my Adopt-a-Rookie.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
Not that this thread goes wanting for an explanation mark. Never-the-less, here it is .......

[tweet]https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/1201917298568826892[/tweet]

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Baldy's hate-boner for Tom Cable was visible from the middle of the Atlantic Ocean, so it's good to see him raving about our offense now.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Good stuff. It's not a coincidence that these teams are winning. Pound the rock and eat up that clock. Just under 40 minutes of time of possession on Monday, along with 200+ rushing yards. Win

sutz

Reaction score
It seems the rest of the league is coming around to Pete's old school style of play. It's pretty cyclical anyway. The league goes pass happy for a while, then goes back to being more run-centric. Lather, rinse, repeat.

I think SB48 really opened some eyes. We went in and basically shut down the highest powered offense in the league for 60 minutes and dominated them with a ball control game, spiced with some big plays on offense. Throw in that we routinely put up double digit wins per season for a decade and the copycat league begins to take notice.

Chuck Knox would be proud. :mrgreen:

Latest posts