Avril hurt

Throwdown

Reaction score
JSeahawks":35p7xqhb said:
Holy overreaction. Says he's limited this week, that doesn't even necessarily mean he's missing the game.

And I thought I had a problem not reading full articles.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Sucks but nothing you can do at this point.

Mayowa and Bennett with Bane and Bryant and probably Brooks and Morgan will have to make due for the first couple weeks.

Hope the offense can score a lot of points until the DLine gets back to full strength.

C-Dub

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1qcxag1j said:
Holy overreaction. Says he's limited this week, that doesn't even necessarily mean he's missing the game.
It might just be me, but "Cliff Avril out indefinitely" sounds a lot different than just being "limited this week."

Happypuppy":1qcxag1j said:
How do you injure your hamstring when you do not even play? I am not getting a great impression of this guy
And he re-injured the hammy in pre-game warmups before the Packers game.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ng-injury/

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Just reported that Mebane hurt his groin today as well as the Avril news. This is not good people!

We had a hard enough time pressuring the QB last year with Irvin, Mebane and Clemons. Now we might be staring at week #1 without Irvin, Mebane, Clemons and Avril.............against arguably the most dangerously mobile QB in the league.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Far as I can tell, "out indefinitely" was wording invented by PFT based on Carroll's assertion that he didn't know when exactly Cliff was going to get back (to full practice, I assume). Brock and Danny reported that he's limited this week.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I find some serious irony in the fact that Jason Jones is healthy again and tearing it up in Detroit while Avril can't make it to the field. Sigh. I was furious when we let Jones go and the results are showing. Avril was always dinged up and he is over rated. Just my 2cents. Oh, and SCREW-YOU Irvin!!!

pehawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":vs4ldpex said:
Just reported that Mebane hurt his groin today as well as the Avril news. This is not good people!

We had a hard enough time pressuring the QB last year with Irvin, Mebane and Clemons. Now we might be staring at week #1 without Irvin, Mebane, Clemons and Avril.............against arguably the most dangerously mobile QB in the league.

There's only one thing to do, panic. How do you panic? Personally, I light myself on fire and scream racial epithets at fat people.

I'll be right back....

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":22soxsdy said:
I find some serious irony in the fact that Jason Jones is healthy again and tearing it up in Detroit while Avril can't make it to the field. Sigh. I was furious when we let Jones go and the results are showing. Avril was always dinged up and he is over rated. Just my 2cents. Oh, and SCREW-YOU Irvin!!!

Seattle hasn't even played a regular season game yet...

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
pehawk":1viyzjw5 said:
Sgt. Largent":1viyzjw5 said:

There's only one thing to do, panic. How do you panic? Personally I light myself on fire and scream racial epithets at fat people.

I'll be right back....

I'm getting ready to dispose of some old Kerosene at home... Just saying! :twisted:

ivotuk

Reaction score
pehawk":1y6e9g6l said:
Sgt. Largent":1y6e9g6l said:

There's only one thing to do, panic. How do you panic? Personally, I light myself on fire and scream racial epithets at fat people.

I'll be right back....

LOL! Can you send me a video of that?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
pehawk":1eacrq9l said:
Sgt. Largent":1eacrq9l said:

I'll be right back....

Racial slurs at fat people. Well played, keep em confused.

pehawk

Reaction score
I'm really not panicked....as long as the injuries aren't season enders...its all good.

This place will be a wreck the first 7 weeks or so, anyways. This Seahawks team is built to physically dominate in the 2nd half of games and seasons. The first few weeks, with all teams starting anew and injuries being minimal, other teams MAY play with the Seahawks. But, eventually, their depth and physical nature will win out.

Just a lil bit of wisdom from the boards resident bi-polar nutjob.

hoxrox

Reaction score
12th_Bob":ssrf4nbz said:
Mayowa and Bennett with Bane and Bryant and probably Brooks and Morgan will have to make due for the first couple weeks.

This combo isn't very scary. Hope Clemons and Avril are ready to go, especially for week 2.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
pehawk":3rnxqbty said:
I'm really not panicked....as long as the injuries aren't season enders...its all good.

I'm not in full blown panic mode, but I'm definitely on terror alert orange.

Not only is our division brutal, but the entire NFC is stacked with good teams. So stumbling out of the gate may mean the difference between winning the division with home field advantage, and fighting for a wildcard seed again.

Largent80

Reaction score
We have enough of a defense for me to not be worried at this moment. Hell, did we have Avril last year?....No, but we DO have a grip of talented youngsters that want to kick ass, not a bad problem to have.

pehawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":lmjc8mx4 said:
pehawk":lmjc8mx4 said:

I'm not in full blown panic mode, but I'm definitely on terror alert orange.

Not only is our division brutal, but the entire NFC is stacked with good teams. So stumbling out of the gate may mean the difference between winning the division with home field advantage, and fighting for a wildcard seed again.

What I'm about to say is NOT a shot, it's a "good with the bad" type thing, but, Pete's the coach. The team will stammer and stumble a bit. His style leads to it.

NYCoug

Reaction score
I'm with Pe 100% in both regards. About this place being a trainwreck for the first part of the season and us being fine with our depth...

This isn't just a QB driven league, no, it's a QB and quality depth driven league. The Packers, Giants, and Ravens, all past 3 Super Bowl Winners had monstrous injury lists. The Packers had over 15 guys on IR the year they won. Rodgers tore it up in the playoffs and they got the ring. The Giants lost pretty much their entire secondary and LB's to injury and still won it through some Eli magic. And you all know about Flacco and the Ravens last year with Suggs, Webb, and Lewis getting hurt throughout the year as well as others.

Luckily this team has AMAZING depth and Russell Wilson. Sprinkle in some Beast Mode and a nasty D and I'm seriously not worried AT ALL. This will only make them stronger and they'll literally be stronger as a team when all these dudes come back later in the year and push the squad over the top.

Hawknight

Reaction score
pehawk":16qy46tx said:
Sgt. Largent":16qy46tx said:

I'll be right back....

Anyone else smell something burning? :lol:

Sturm

Reaction score
I thought the yoga these players were doing every day was supposed to prevent stuff like pulled hammies.