Athletic Podcast: Fitterer likes Levis, Trade Up Potential

Yxes1122

Reaction score
In the March 1 Episode of the Athletic Football Podcast, they had a Panther's reporter on and went into draft strategy.

Based on what he's hearing, the Panthers have been enamored with Will Levis since last season. His expectation is that Fitterer will look to trade up with Seattle at 5. They also add that the Panther's owner and Reich are done with stop gap veteran QBs. So it seems like a trade up from Carolina is inevitable.

Probably not that surprising to anyone, but this is the most concrete breakdown from a boots on the ground reporter I've heard.

Link: https://theathletic.com/podcast/211-the-athletic-football-show/

sutz

Reaction score
Well, if the Seahawks trade down, but still in the top 10, I guess I could take it. Depends on how the board falls, though.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Carolina shouldn't mess around if they want him. They should move ahead of Seattle.

toffee

Reaction score
On PFF's mock simulator, I traded with Panthers numerous times, for whatever it's worth, I traded our 5th for their 9th plus their 1st and 2nd round picks of '24. If we have intent to draft Richardson, trading with Panthers won't work, as Richardson last til 9th on PFF's simulator.