At least it didn't come down to officiating

JSeahawks

Reaction score
At least there's that.

Hated this place for a month after XL. The bevell vitriol ain't that bad to deal with.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I'm glad too. I hate arguing about officiating with people. The Hawks have no one to blame but themselves. But at least we aren't going to be whining about the refs.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
No in the End coaching stupidity trumped poor officiating. There were a lot of DPI that went uncalled the worst of which was that blatant tripping that undoubtedly had impact.

rsm650

Reaction score
There were a couple missed penalties on both sides, but overall it was much better than XL.

strohmin

Reaction score
brimsalabim":3guu5ond said:
No in the End coaching stupidity trumped poor officiating. There were a lot of DPI that went uncalled the worst of which was that blatant tripping that undoubtedly had impact.

Come on man. We didn't get a roughing the kicker called on us in the beginning, so it didn't matter.

GoPatsSB49

Reaction score
At least it didn't come down to ball inflation levels :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l:

HawkFan72

Reaction score
brimsalabim":23vk0bdf said:

There were bad calls, but the Hawks OVERCAME all the bad calls. They converted after that horrible non-call on the tripping. There are always going to be bad calls in games, but champions overcome them. This loss is frustrating because they made the plays they had to make to win, and then a bad playcall screwed everything up. But officiating was not going to cost the Hawks a win.

kearly

Reaction score
There were a couple of horrendous calls that went against Seattle, but I doubt they impacted the outcome of the game. For the most part it was a well officiated contest.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
No one wanted to have another Super Bowl loss to compare the two, but now we've got it. Nothing like XL.

253hawk

Reaction score
Not on the refs per se, but Edelman didn't go through concussion protocol after stumbling around from Kam's hit. He scored the go-ahead, deciding TD on that drive just 3 minutes later when he should have been getting checked out by both the team and independent physicians, which takes an absolute minimum of 10 minutes (he should have been out for the rest of the game.)

Wouldn't expect anything less from old Billy.

ringless

Reaction score
I think overall the officiating was fair and even on both sides, and for the most part they let them play the game for a change instead of having a penalty on every other play. At the end of the game I remember thinking to myself this was going to end in heartbreak bc both teams really deserved to win today. It's too bad

Latest posts