Article: How to Build a Team, by a Giants fan

longsh0t

Reaction score
Thanks for the link. Good to see that some fanbases respect and admire what the Seahawks have accomplished this year.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
"For his own good Eli should sit this one out, the Giants have a snowball chance in hell of winning this game."

ZING!

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I want to hug that guy. Both because his write-up was (generally) informed and awesome, but also because he needs some cheer in his life and I'm not sending him booze.

sutz

Reaction score
No! I have three in the office pool on the number of pick 6s he throws and I think that's the winning number!
Now there's some confidence. :laugh:

sutz

Reaction score
On a more serious note, it is nice to be recognized by opposing fans for what the team has accomplished.

I just hope that team front offices don't get the memo. ;)

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Man that was a good read. Guy knew his stuff. Glad to hear this admiration from other fans when its usually me doing the admiring.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Other team owners are certainly asking themselves and their wives... "Why can't that be our team?".

BreesIsOverrated

Reaction score
Giants themselves built a great team from the mid 2000s to 2011. I would be more than satisfied with 2 Super Bowl Titles in 5 years. Unfortunately for them I think they may need a major overhaul to contend in the future.

OrFan

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":12ol0vht said:
Other team owners are certainly asking themselves and their wives... "Why can't that be our team?".

I think you are giving most owners way too much credit, actually talking to their wives. Most of them probably only have wives because they have money, that doesn't give them the right to be able to actually speak to the wife.

Jac

Reaction score
BreesIsOverrated":1l20a36u said:
Giants themselves built a great team from the mid 2000s to 2011. I would be more than satisfied with 2 Super Bowl Titles in 5 years. Unfortunately for them I think they may need a major overhaul to contend in the future.

Exactly. I think they've been a model franchise. Five Super Bowls (four of which they've won). Including two in the modern era of football. In fact, when we narrowed down our GM search to four candidates, my favorite was Aaron Ross. I'm glad we got Schneider, though.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Actually one of the more well thought out posts/blogs by a non supposed "expert" I've read in a while.

But it's EVERYONE in the league now trying to copy what Pete/John have done here. Mike Mayock pointed this out last Thursday night during the Jags game when discussing Gus Bradley. Mayock said watching Seattle's defense play was like "watching a pack of wild dogs."

PS. Don't judge me for watching the Jags vs. Texans. I know I have a problem, you don't need to tell me.

HawkMeat

Reaction score
sutz":1fxwte1x said:
On a more serious note, it is nice to be recognized by opposing fans for what the team has accomplished.

Great find op, thanks!

It is cool to see opposing fans show love for our team.
Newyorksports89 didn't agree. I really enjoyed the read by "stoney" and newyorks opposing post on the thread had a retort for every point the guy made. Seemed like he was trying too hard to bring the op and hawks down.

HawkMeat

Reaction score
sutz":2ju1nrhq said:

Great find op, thanks!

It is cool to see opposing fans show love for our team.
Newyorksports89 didn't agree. I really enjoyed the read by "stoney" and newyorks opposing post on the thread had a retort for every point the guy made. Seemed like he was trying too hard to bring the op and hawks down.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
BreesIsOverrated":2squn93v said:

I don't agree. The Giants can easily tune up without a complete overhaul as long as Coughlin is coach. They have been and remain dangerous. What has been key for them is that they have made the most out of just making it in to the playoffs. The Hawks are in a different situation these days. The Niners are super competitive and force a high level of success just to make the wildcard, higher than most just to win the division.

The Giants will be able to get it together pretty quickly IMHO and once again have that chance they are so dangerous with.

Marvin49

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":3jludd5d said:
BreesIsOverrated":3jludd5d said:

I don't agree. The Giants can easily tune up without a complete overhaul as long as Coughlin is coach. They have been and remain dangerous. What has been key for them is that they have made the most out of just making it in to the playoffs. The Hawks are in a different situation these days. The Niners are super competitive and force a high level of success just to make the wildcard, higher than most just to win the division.

The Giants will be able to get it together pretty quickly IMHO and once again have that chance they are so dangerous with.

I agree.

The Giants always seem to do this. They have a really down year and then bounce back and win the freakin' Super Bowl when nobody expects it.

Coughlin is a great coach and Eli has his moments in big games.

A

Anonymous

Aros":29fwhbe3 said:
"For his own good Eli should sit this one out, the Giants have a snowball chance in hell of winning this game."

ZING!

Sac!?!

Where is the "It's a trap!" pic of the fish-captain of the Rebel destroyer?

Although I agree that the NYFBG woes are such they have little hope, but tossing out there like that sounds dangerous to me. We don't want to sound too confident now. (see Tampa Game...)

Sac

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":1z9c3r52 said:
Aros":1z9c3r52 said:

ZING!

Sac!?!

Where is the "It's a trap!" pic of the fish-captain of the Rebel destroyer?

Although I agree that the NYFBG woes are such they have little hope, but tossing out there like that sounds dangerous to me. We don't want to sound too confident now. (see Tampa Game...)

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
That was a far better article (well written, readable, informed, entertaining, etc.) than the vast majority of the effluent that is passed off for sports journalism around the internet on a daily basis...

Latest posts