Arizona Cardinals had 2nd-best drop rate in 2013

Jville

Reaction score
I've thought for some time that Carson Palmer throws a very catch-able ball. I think it shows up in the stats.

20131124 mjr su5 0070 standard 7090
Guess which team with a 2an year quarterback came in at #3 for 2013 >>>> [urltargetblank]http://www.revengeofthebirds.com/2014/6/7/5784672/cardinals-2nd-best-drop-rate-2013[/urltargetblank]

kearly

Reaction score
Detroit was dead last, guess we know why they made Golden Tate a priority.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
kearly":2ii48xmc said:
His great route running or his mature, heads up play?

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":3ba87gq4 said:
kearly":3ba87gq4 said:
His great route running or his mature, heads up play?

I loved the Tater. He made some mistakes, but mostly ones that didn't affect the outcome. Clutch PR and sacrificed his body frequently.

You would think with this impressive drops that the Cards won more games, but they didn't.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
I actually think Palmer is a pretty underrated quarterback because has never in his career played behind an average to good offensive line. He's gone from one bad offensive line to another. For a QB who lacks mobility, that's a killer.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
kearly":3u1abhz0 said:

Stafford's flat sidearm passes have to play a role in that stat. He doesn't have anywhere near the same touch that Wilson has, so it'll be interesting to see if Tate's catch rate numbers stay the same.

No surprise to see SF near the bottom of this list either. The QB's touch matters.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
hawknation2014":1bk9k73d said:
I actually think Palmer is a pretty underrated quarterback because has never in his career played behind an average to good offensive line. He's gone from one bad offensive line to another. For a QB who lacks mobility, that's a killer.

True. I will never forget that 2005 playoff game when the Steelers took his knee out after he just hit a bomb. That was JACKED up. Totally a knee shot on Palmer too.

Meeker

Reaction score
hawknation2014":7pnsc4nb said:

I don't remember exactly what their interior was like, but I remember the Bengals having one of the best pair of bookends in the game.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Meeker":1nj6s7lb said:
hawknation2014":1nj6s7lb said:

I don't remember exactly what their interior was like, but I remember the Bengals having one of the best pair of bookends in the game.

Levi Jones was an incredibly overrated LT, which is why the Bengels eventually cut him and picked up Andre Smith. Jones gave up large number of sacks, was a penalty machine, and never went to a Pro Bowl in his career.

Sherman4Prez

Reaction score
Their offensive line got better, their defense took a big hit. I thought ARZ would finish last in the division last year but the Rams did their thing.

Im saying they finish last this year. Rams have a more complete team than ARZ, IMO. Tough call, though.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Sherman4Prez":nz44jhur said:
Their offensive line got better, their defense took a big hit. I thought ARZ would finish last in the division last year but the Rams did their thing.

Im saying they finish last this year. Rams have a more complete team than ARZ, IMO. Tough call, though.

I think that this is very possible, but honestly, i am starting to agree more after talking to my cousin, an old school Cards fan that has followed them since the 70s. Typically a complete homer, even after I mentioned the potential for the Cards to improve he shot it down.

His point was that overall, the Cards are just not improved enough to gain any real traction on SEA/SF. I started thinking about it and trying not to be arrogant, I think he has a point. The Niners and Hawks are serious business, both the Cards and the Rams know how to play NFCW football, but SF/SEA have mastered it. I know both Palmer and Bradford can play, but neither have the mobility of CK and RW, a must have when every team in the division is so good at generating pressure.