Appreciating Duane Brown

vigilantgrrl

Reaction score
I know that there were some who did not like what we gave up for Duane Brown, and that it was a panic move.....but look what Duane's presence has meant to the Seahawks. He just stabilized our horrid O-line, and has taken the other linemen under his wing the way a coach would. I would not be surprised if he also whispered a few things in Pete's ear about how terrible Cable was as a coach. I mean even Duane started to decline in Cable's system. One year under Solari and the line became serviceable. I expect a huge jump forward this year, and the passing game benefiting like the run game did. Russ will be more relaxed in the pocket. I am looking forward to what Phil Haynes will become, and I think Pocic is looking real good and could eventually be Center. And let's not forget just how big a part Duane has played in getting Clowney to want to come here! Also, Duane is still going strong at Left Tackle.

rjdriver

Reaction score
No doubt he is the anchor on the line we needed.

I agree he is a little under appreciated. Seahawk fans tend to refer back to Walt as their measurement standard. That’s simply not fair to 99.9% percent of O linemen who have ever or will ever play. We were spoiled.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
rjdriver":1mutm081 said:
No doubt he is the anchor on the line we needed.

I agree he is a little under appreciated. Seahawk fans tend to refer back to Walt as their measurement standard. That’s simply not fair to 99.9% percent of O linemen who have ever or will ever play. We were spoiled.

This is so true. We were incredibly spoiled during his tenure here. I mean, we knew it at the time, but it still kind of ruined us to offensive linemen because they're suddenly held to a platinum standard that's essentially generational talent at the position.

Brown is solid, and a good addition to the 'Hawks. The influence he had on Jadeavon Clowney is just icing on the cake.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Not only a great player, but a huge leader on this team. Getting Clowney in here was a big time get for this team, and Brown clearly had a lot to do with it.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Duane- you are THE MAN. Thank you!

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
We all thought we were just trading for a LT when we got Brown, little did we know what having him on the team would mean for the future of the franchise. If he came in and just did his job, the trade for him would still be worth it, the leadership that he brings, and his involvement in Seattle's theft of Clowney are just icing on the cake.