Anyone want to be the 49ers offensive coordinator?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Popeyejones":32gvatj4 said:
Sports Hernia":32gvatj4 said:
Largent80":32gvatj4 said:
@Marvin...... You are a mastermind X's and O's guy, why not YOU?
Him or Popeye whom claims to be a former highschool coach of sorts would be great picks IMHO.

:lol:

Claimed? As far as life's accomplishments go, why would anyone lie about having coached high school football?
I don't know, you brought it up? FWIW there is nothing wrong with being a HS coach. I'd root for you getting the SC OC gig.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2efxj067 said:
pehawk":2efxj067 said:
Just listened to LaConfora on KJR yesterday who through out, randomly and in a truth manner, that the 49ers are looking to be cheap. Can/will you draft him 7 paragraphs why that's NOT the case?

I wrote even more than seven paragraphs on what happened here :lol: :lol: :

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=105553&p=1565066#p1565066

As for Jed just being cheap, I think it's an argument that only makes sense in hindisght, and only if you ignore every detail along the way. Save for who they ended up with (and ignoring how they got there) what history of Jed York being cheap are we relying on?

Likewise, I just don't think the argument makes any sense. Cheap owners don't enact their cheapness by saving a few million bucks on coaches every year, they enact their cheapness by saving 20-30 million dollars off the salary cap each year (or just being well below the average salary in MLB). If Jed York is being "cheap" by paying his OC 1 million instead of 1.5 million, he's really going about it the wrong way.
You and Marvin should get paid for running PR for the niners, really!!
If you 2 are not getting paid by them, you should be.

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawknation2015":3gw58nyi said:
Marvin49":3gw58nyi said:
I'm really so-so on Mangini and am not, not, NOT a fan of Geep Chryst as the OC. That's the rub too. OC was THE MOST important hire after HC and even MORE important given their choice at HC....and they simply couldn't get anyone to say yes.

That's pathetic. It's indicative of a team (and an owner!) that no one credible wants to coach for.

Yes. That's the concern.

pehawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":3snfn9na said:
hawknation2015":3snfn9na said:
Marvin49":3snfn9na said:
I'm really so-so on Mangini and am not, not, NOT a fan of Geep Chryst as the OC. That's the rub too. OC was THE MOST important hire after HC and even MORE important given their choice at HC....and they simply couldn't get anyone to say yes.

That's pathetic. It's indicative of a team (and an owner!) that no one credible wants to coach for.

Yes. That's the concern.

Marvin, that cant be true. I mean, I told you a few months ago that the Harbaugh affair would scare other coaches off. Then you corrected me, explained how that couldn't be true, at all.

lucky49

Reaction score
i literally can't defend anything the niners are doing right now. but when the seahawks eventually start sucking again I'm going to have a lot of fun

Marvin49

Reaction score
pehawk":o4v8y6f2 said:
Marvin49":o4v8y6f2 said:
hawknation2015":o4v8y6f2 said:
Marvin49":o4v8y6f2 said:

Yes. That's the concern.

Marvin, that cant be true. I mean, I told you a few months ago that the Harbaugh affair would scare other coaches off. Then you corrected me, explained how that couldn't be true, at all.

...and I didn't believe it till coaches started declining interviews. Here's your cookie.

Trent Dilfer says that's not the case and that its a highly desirable job, but even I know that Trent Dilfer is a pretty big Niner homer.

It SHOULD be a job in high demand...but the question is WHY isn't it. Jed? Baalke? The Harbaugh situation unknown? Lowballing on payscale? Just bad set of circumstances?

Who knows.

Case can be made that Gase didn't want to be the OC because he wanted to follow Fox and felt jilted over not getting SF coaching job.

Case can be made that Chud didn't want to screw up his golden parachute from the Browns by becoming a coordinator.

Case can be made that Shanahan was never an option.

Case can be made the Eagles WR coach didn't think he was ready.

.....but ALL of them? Seriously? Not likely.

pehawk

Reaction score
Heathcliff Slocum's Razor says the reason is; Jed York is a Jerry Jones wannabe but without the rings and 20's near his junk.

Marvin49

Reaction score
pehawk":11blf587 said:
Heathcliff Slocum's Razor says the reason is; Jed York is a Jerry Jones wannabe but without the rings and 20's near his junk.

Well, I'll believe that when he fires Baalke and appoints himself the GM.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Marvin49":3essen5a said:
Case can be made that Gase didn't want to be the OC because he wanted to follow Fox and felt jilted over not getting SF coaching job.

Case can be made that Chud didn't want to screw up his golden parachute from the Browns by becoming a coordinator.

Rather than thinking about all of them I think you need to dummy check each of them.

For Gase I think it would be really weird if he accepted the 9ers OC job given all the factors. Doing so would be strange.

So too for Chud if he accepted the 9ers or Rams job. Doing so would be strange.

Same story with Shannan, if he was ever offered (which we don't know).

The huge, brightly shining red flag though is Bicknell. It is very strange that he made the decision he did. That could have something to do with the 9ers and it could have something to do with Bicknell, but that's the thing that stands out in all of this.

For my money I still think the problem is Tomsula, which is far from putting a positive spin on things, as it was a wholly predictable problem which in retrospect Jed and Baalke seem to have been dumb enough to have been blindsided by.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Popeyejones":egwn1meh said:
Marvin49":egwn1meh said:

Rather than thinking about all of them I think you need to dummy check each of them.

For Gase I think it would be really weird if he accepted the 9ers OC job given all the factors. Doing so would be strange.

So too for Chud if he accepted the 9ers or Rams job. Doing so would be strange.

Same story with Shannan, if he was ever offered (which we don't know).

The huge, brightly shining red flag though is Bicknell. It is very strange that he made the decision he did. That could have something to do with the 9ers and it could have something to do with Bicknell, but that's the thing that stands out in all of this.

For my money I still think the problem is Tomsula, which is far from putting a positive spin on things, as it was a wholly predictable problem which in retrospect Jed and Baalke seem to have been dumb enough to have been blindsided by.

Could very well be.

I happen to be one of the few 49ers fans who don't hate the Tomsula choice. Players love him and swear by him.

My prob is the choice of Tomsula made the choice at OC that much more important.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":10c97y41 said:
Popeyejones":10c97y41 said:
Sports Hernia":10c97y41 said:
Largent80":10c97y41 said:
@Marvin...... You are a mastermind X's and O's guy, why not YOU?
Him or Popeye whom claims to be a former highschool coach of sorts would be great picks IMHO.

:lol:

Claimed? As far as life's accomplishments go, why would anyone lie about having coached high school football?
I don't know, you brought it up? FWIW there is nothing wrong with being a HS coach. I'd root for you getting the SC OC gig.

Uhhh, I brought it up in a different forum as an explanation as to why I long ago had the occasion to interact with Marshawn Lynch (to support the general point that although I think he's being immature with the media day stuff, both from firsthand and secondhand experience in the Bay Area I know him to be a really good guy).

If you're gonna just troll about nonsense, try harder. :th2thumbs:

lsheldon

Reaction score
Jed York is coming up on NFLN now. He will be announcing Marvin49 as the new 49er offensive coordinator. Or maybe that Marvin49 is offensive. Don't remember which one.

lsheldon

Reaction score
False alarm. He's in Arizona learning how he can screw up SB-50 for the 49ers and Santa Clara.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3tbh5s9k said:
The fans are in full melt down, labeling each other as Yorkists and shit like that.
It reminds me of that show Rome. When will be the Ides of March?

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Marvin49":32uxpl8t said:
Yeah....looking grim.

As soon as Tomsula was hired I was all-in on Chud...and then he re-upped with Indy at the last possible second.

Most peeps on the 'zone think it'll be Geep Chryst and to say I'd be underwhelmed by that choice would be a huge understatement. There were rumors about the elder Shanahan, but I just don't buy that one.

Lookin' bleak right now in SC.
Holmgren was sniffing at it, but I guess he wasn't Silicon-Valley yuppie enough.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
lucky49":b7eanuzq said:
i literally can't defend anything the niners are doing right now. but when the seahawks eventually start sucking again I'm going to have a lot of fun
The problem with your thought process is that your team will still suck because Jed will still own them so making fun of a Hawks team that sucks won't be any fun cuz your team will still be in the same boat.
Oh, and don't hold your breath about Seattle sucking. The Hawks have a Patriots-like run of excellence just starting.

So Marv, Popeye, rlkats, Smellingthefearinhwktwn, lucky49, 5_VHS Era_Rings, et. al. I've got a serious question for you guys: Is there any chance in hell that cheapskate POS owner of yours does something with the turf on your new stadium so when SB 50 is played there it isn't an embarrasment to your team and stadium?

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1d0wiw8a said:
rlkats":1d0wiw8a said:
I bet at the end of the day Harbaugh is laughing his ass off.
If he had gone to another NFL team, I'd agree. I don't think any coach that goes back to college from the pros laughs in that way, though. Just a hunch.
He won't stay there. He'll get Mich to the point of being a national title contender every year, but never win one, then he'll be one of the big canidates every year for an NFL coaching job. I predict he's break his contract and be back in the pros within four years. He'll be doing M a favor--build the program up like Sark did for the Dawgs so they can get a coach (like the Dawgs) who's actually capable of winning a national title.

lucky49

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":28r94kjn said:
lucky49":28r94kjn said:
The problem with your thought process is that your team will still suck because Jed will still own them so making fun of a Hawks team that sucks won't be any fun cuz your team will still be in the same boat.
Oh, and don't hold your breath about Seattle sucking. The Hawks have a Patriots-like run of excellence just starting.

lmfao, ok, the seahawks are NEVER going to be a bad team again? thats awesome for you guys, I guess.

Latest posts