Any chance we go after Maclin?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
kearly":2mt656hg said:
We already have a bajillion receivers like Maclin, who will re-up in Philly without a doubt.

Dez Bryant is who we need, but it will never happen. He'll never hit FA, and even if he did, the Hawks don't have the cap space, and even if they did, I don't think Seattle could get him the stats he'd need to avoid Dez diva mode.

Unfortunately everything you wrote about Dez is 100% true in regards to Seattle. Though I think Dez would put up numbers even in this offense.

Feel the same way about Demaryius Thomas.. who will also never hit FA unfortunately.

Wonder if the Bears would be open to moving Brandon Marshall with a new coaching staff and Alshon Jeffrey being cheaper.

raisethe3

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":1rl20ynx said:
My wishful thinking includes Fitz being cut and signing a moderate deal, something like 3 years $15m. He would provide that missing red zone element for us.

I like this, but what are the chances of that happening? Very slim I say.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
It's not out of reality for us to get Dez/Thomas/Fitz ect if we was talking$$ I mean Dallas and Denver are in cap hell big time..It's not a sure thing they can sign those guys and be Super Bowl contenders..At the same time if we signed one regardless of how they fit ect..We will have to cut players vital to winning Super Bowls..So pick the poison,I'll take our young scrappy wr and add our upcoming TE's to that..We are fine..We do need to draft our way into a Star wr and thats fine..We have the right system and qb to do it this way ..So we don't have this glam offense /wr's boo hoo..We win!That means a lot more to me...

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
IndyHawk":3h8qq6ls said:
It's not out of reality for us to get Dez/Thomas/Fitz ect if we was talking$$ I mean Dallas and Denver are in cap hell big time..It's not a sure thing they can sign those guys and be Super Bowl contenders..At the same time if we signed one regardless of how they fit ect..We will have to cut players vital to winning Super Bowls..So pick the poison,I'll take our young scrappy wr and add our upcoming TE's to that..We are fine..We do need to draft our way into a Star wr and thats fine..We have the right system and qb to do it this way ..So we don't have this glam offense /wr's boo hoo..We win!That means a lot more to me...

Dallas is not letting Dez go .. they'll let Murray go instead. Hence why they are running him into the ground this season.

Denver has quite a bit of cap room.. but has to re-sign Demaryius, Julius Thomas and Von Miller too. But they have enough to lock up all 3. So .. no Demaryius won't be available either.

I expect the same fate for Julio Jones. Josh Gordon. Etc.

So basically - the best way for this team to get a great impactful WR will be via the draft.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I thought Denver was like only 100K below the cap with next year looking real bad because the backends of contracts like Mannings come up and others expire and will have a higher price tag..What did I miss?

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
DavidSeven":244ueccg said:
At this point, I think Seattle can only justify spending or drafting high on a WR if it is convinced he is a true #1. I am not convinced Maclin is that guy. He is certainly a good, sure-handed player, but his numbers are also being propped up by a hurry-up offense and the void left by Desean Jackson's departure.

This team is already loaded with 6'0"-ish WR2s. IMO, that is what Maclin is.

well said. hes a good receiver, but he isnt a true #1. js/pc know what they are looking for in a #1. maclin should still help to dilute the receiver market in the offseason though.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Please no we already have that type of receiver. Just get a guy that's money on jump balls and redzone fades where the windows are tight.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":xswpn31r said:
IndyHawk":xswpn31r said:

Dallas is not letting Dez go .. they'll let Murray go instead. Hence why they are running him into the ground this season.

Denver has quite a bit of cap room.. but has to re-sign Demaryius, Julius Thomas and Von Miller too. But they have enough to lock up all 3. So .. no Demaryius won't be available either.

I expect the same fate for Julio Jones. Josh Gordon. Etc.

So basically - the best way for this team to get a great impactful WR will be via the draft.
As for Dez they the money is or was never the issue. It should be interesting to see what Dallas actually does when the time comes as it will with Denver because some aren't exactly enamoured with Demayrius for some crazy reason. I totally agree about Atlanta and Cleveland though.