Anthony McCoy

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
is he on season ending IR or can he come back. If Crabtree is supposed to be back in November I wonder if McCoy has a shot at coming back this season.

ak3000

Reaction score
Crabtree is on the PUP. McCoy is on IR. A team can designate 1 player for IR return, which for us is Okung

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Largent80":1mytns3i said:
The team is missing him big time.

Not really. Luke Willson is on pace to exceed McCoy in receptions/yards.

McCoy is overrated here....just like Stephen Williams was.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I disagree. I think McCoy underrated on this forum. He was an excellent blocker and found his way open on some of the most explosive plays our offense had last year. I think this team would be even better if he was available.

Willson has been very promising so far, and I think he has great upside, but I still miss McCoy.

ErikG803

Reaction score
I think I like McCoy more than just about anybody. I do like what Willson has shown but it still wouldn't hurt to have 3 capable TEs versus 2 + Kellen Davis. He had some nice blocks last game but I think just about anyone would admit that McCoy is a huge upgrade over him.

Laloosh

Reaction score
As an uneducated fan, I probably don't look for the right qualities in some positions. The thing that drove me nuts about McCoy was that he was great at catching a ball in space, he just couldn't do anything with it afterward. Guy would get caught by a nose tackle in a boot if he didn't trip over his own feet.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":m1hnmgc7 said:
18 receptions, 291 yards, 3 TDs

Lets keep it in perspective.

Delanie Walker put up similar numbers for SF as their TE #2 last year. It would be silly to measure his value to that team on those terms alone.

kf3339

Reaction score
It was because of McCoy's injury that I was certain McGrath would make the team this year. That is why I'm still pissed that they cut him to keep Person for just an extra week of the regular season. I have a feeling they were going to just put McGrath on the practice squad, but KC had different plans. Some times PC just gets too cute with his back end of his roster decisions.

And to the OP no McCoy can't come back on the team this season.

Axx

Reaction score
Maybe we will get him in the playoffs so he can drop all those passes

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
McCoy's value is missed somewhat, he was becoming a reliable workhorse blocker much like Miller is, McCoy also had an incredible wingspan that Wilson loved to exploit and a knack of getting behind the linebackers by luring them to sleep with slow take off but could gain yards with a big stride.

I also think this season was important for McCoy, it was his 4th season as a Pro, he seemed to have built chemistry with Wilson, plus he was entering a contract year.

However, I'm glad Luke Willson is now getting more opportunities to get some much needed experience, and Wilson could be very special because he's smart and versatile with extraordinary athleticism. This up coming off-season I would like to see Willson add about 10 pounds of muscle to his frame and get up to 260. He would still have sub 4.6 speed but he would also have the mass + strength to be a killer blocker like Miller and McCoy.

If we can get McCoy back on a cheap deal, Miller-Willson-McCoy would be a great TE corps for 2014 and the Seahawks could invest their draft picks into O-linemen and WRs.

USChawk

Reaction score
18 receptions, 291 yards, 3 TDs

Lets keep it in perspective.

Since when is a #2 TE supposed to have a 1000 yards receiving?

He's a good player and he is missed both in the run game and for a big play every now and again.

zayden185

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":1y8j4qcf said:
Largent80":1y8j4qcf said:
The team is missing him big time.

Not really. Luke Willson is on pace to exceed McCoy in receptions/yards.

McCoy is overrated here....just like Stephen Williams was.

:13:

forgot mccoy was on the team...in fact the rookie seems quicker than mccoy...

now that i think of it, do we still play with a TE?

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
USChawk":1t17e8mw said:
Since when is a #2 TE supposed to have a 1000 yards receiving?

Great question. I didn't see where anyone said that.

Jville

Reaction score
I think most on this forum have a good understanding of Anthony McCoy and what he can and can not do.

The coaching staff this week once again identified Luke Willson as the complement they drafted to pair up with Zack Miller .... (not replace).

Kellen Davis has been a useful #3 with the bonus of contributing on special teams.

It never ceases to amazed me how little value a vocal few place on special teams participation when it comes to roster fit and filling out that roster. Perhaps it is a blind spot.

CANHawk

Reaction score
I'm really happy with how Willlllllson is progressing as a TE, but would swap Keller Davis out for McCoy in a heartbeat. That would be a deadly TE rotation.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
LOL, ok lets keep it in perspective.

18 catches for 291 yards and 3 TDs doesn't seem like much.

However, considering that the Seahawks leading WR in 2012 was Sidney Rice:

50 catches for 748 yards and 7 TDs

And the Seahawks No. 1 TE was Zach Miller:

38 catches for 396 yards and 3 TDs.

18 catches for 291 yards and 3 TDs is pretty solid on this team especially for a No. 2 TE.

Anthony McCoy is replaceable, yes, but considering he was entering his third year in this offense, his 4th year in the league, and that he was improving each season, the Seahawks would definitely be a better team with McCoy. McCoy's blocking is much better than Willson's and hes a better receiver than Kellen Davis.

Sean McGrath is vastly overrated. However, Anthony McCoy is not. McCoy would have been an asset in 2013 especially in the Red Zone, he would have made the team, when McGrath did not, and he would have been TE2 over Willson.