Amazing game by Russell Wilson today

Status
Not open for further replies.

John63

Reaction score
Seymour":24yc3lvn said:
Oh look!!! Tom Brady hits his back foot and doesn't get rid of the ball and takes a strip fumble! My eyes tell me he holds the ball too long!!
Forget the fact his oline is being steamrolled into him before the play develops....that has nothing to do with what happened!
Gee...I wonder what Brady would look like if he dealt with this every game in his NFL career because his coach only concerned himself with finding run blockers and ignored the quick passing game to combat this?? :roll: :pukeface:

AccomplishedChillyAlpinegoat-size_restricted.gif

Vonsackdance

LOL how dare you use a evidence that can be factually proven to support your claim sarcasm off!!

Fade

Reaction score
Seymour":2sprc6z5 said:
Oh look!!! Tom Brady hits his back foot and doesn't get rid of the ball and takes a strip fumble! My eyes tell me he holds the ball too long!!
Forget the fact his oline is being steamrolled into him before the play develops....that has nothing to do with what happened!
Gee...I wonder what Brady would look like if he dealt with this every game in his NFL career because his coach only concerned himself with finding run blockers and ignored the quick passing game to combat this?? :roll: :pukeface:

Vonsackdance

Wilson is graded on a scale and standard that franchise QBs are perfect. And since Wilson isn't perfect, he has flaws.

Stop bringing evidence to the table that shows other franchise QBs not being perfect.

If you do a deep dive and study the other Franchise QBs you will only come away amazed out how Wilson has played all these years, given the circumstances, it is absolutely incredible.

These dudes only deep dive Wilson, and then watch the others highlights, they have a distorted lens.

Seymour

Reaction score
I don't even think they "deep dive" Wilson. I think it's more "too short, and I will find proof of that".

Tical21

Reaction score
Fade":2utg1g5j said:
Seymour":2utg1g5j said:

Vonsackdance

Wilson is graded on a scale and standard that franchise QBs are perfect. And since Wilson isn't perfect, he has flaws.

Stop bringing evidence to the table that shows other franchise QBs not being perfect.

If you do a deep dive and study the other Franchise QBs you will only come away amazed out how Wilson has played all these years, given the circumstances, it is absolutely incredible.

These dudes only deep dive Wilson, and then watch the others highlights, they have a distorted lens.
Excuse me?

There may be one person on this site that has watched more film on the quarterback position over the past 20 years than I have...and he appears to agree with me btw.

John63

Reaction score
Seymour":10az3swi said:
I don't even think they "deep dive" Wilson. I think it's more "too short, and I will find proof of that".

Yup some would rather stick to a factually false narrative then man up and admit they are wrong.

Fade

Reaction score
Tical21":6osaycwm said:
Fade":6osaycwm said:
Seymour":6osaycwm said:

Vonsackdance

Excuse me?

There may be one person on this site that has watched more film on the quarterback position over the past 20 years than I have...and he appears to agree with me btw.

Cool beans. Now post some gifs and breakdowns of all your hardwork.

Seymour

Reaction score
Tical21":2j3fulr7 said:
Excuse me?

He who is convinced against his will, is of that same opinion still.

Meaning?

Watch all the film you want. If you believe deep inside he is flawed beyond normal human error, you will always watch looking specifically for proof of that.

Tical21

Reaction score
Curious. Wouldn't the reverse be true?

Meaning.....

Shit off.

erik2690

Reaction score
Tical21":6memqzgt said:
erik2690":6memqzgt said:
Tical21":6memqzgt said:
Fact. Holds the ball longer than anyone. Verifiable. Fact. Always near the top of the league in sacks. If you were to try to decipher if someone had trouble reading zone coverages, aren’t those EXACTLY what you would look at?

Where are these FACTS you keep bragging about providing?

Wait why would those stats be more relevant than things like Passer Rating against zone coverage? LOL. Sacks can happen in zone or man. The passer rating stat cited is specific to the thing you're talking about. I can't see how that wouldn't be more relevant.
Because let's say you drop back against zone 10 times. Take two sacks. Scramble and run twice. Scramble around for a while and throw two balls away. Hit two dumpoffs, and one goes for a touchdown. Throw two 50/50 balls to Lockett, one of which gets caught, the other goes incomplete. You're now 3/6 for 60 yards and have a league-leading passer rating of 125.

Okay, but just citing a stat like "sacks" which happen against man defense as well is still completely less relevant to a discussion about vs. Zone than a stat about passer rating vs. Zone. One is specifically linked to the coverage you are talking about and the other isn't and your example is bad b/c of sample size. The stat was for a full season, like I'm sorry, but that stat brought way more info than your 'look at his sacks and TTT' not even against the specific coverage you are talking about.

John63

Reaction score
erik2690":1k1xpfbc said:
Tical21":1k1xpfbc said:
erik2690":1k1xpfbc said:
Tical21":1k1xpfbc said:
Fact. Holds the ball longer than anyone. Verifiable. Fact. Always near the top of the league in sacks. If you were to try to decipher if someone had trouble reading zone coverages, aren’t those EXACTLY what you would look at?

Wait why would those stats be more relevant than things like Passer Rating against zone coverage? LOL. Sacks can happen in zone or man. The passer rating stat cited is specific to the thing you're talking about. I can't see how that wouldn't be more relevant.
Because let's say you drop back against zone 10 times. Take two sacks. Scramble and run twice. Scramble around for a while and throw two balls away. Hit two dumpoffs, and one goes for a touchdown. Throw two 50/50 balls to Lockett, one of which gets caught, the other goes incomplete. You're now 3/6 for 60 yards and have a league-leading passer rating of 125.

Okay, but just citing a stat like "sacks" which happen against man defense as well is still completely less relevant to a discussion about vs. Zone than a stat about passer rating vs. Zone. One is specifically linked to the coverage you are talking about and the other isn't and your example is bad b/c of sample size. The stat was for a full season, like I'm sorry, but that stat brought way more info than your 'look at his sacks and TTT' not even against the specific coverage you are talking about.

Will we ever see a real FACT or Stat that unquestionably support his stance? answer NO!! However we have seen the FACTS and STATS showing he is wrong HMM?.

erik2690

Reaction score
Tical21":jh7rrqxc said:
Fade":jh7rrqxc said:
McGruff":jh7rrqxc said:
SoulfishHawk":jh7rrqxc said:
If he's running for his life AND trying to extend plays, isn't that naturally going to add to the time he "holds the ball" though? Just sayin

So would being slow to read zones make it more likely that the pressure gets there forcing him to run.

My perception is similar to Tical based on what I see with my eyes. But there is no way to quantify it.

Scheme effects TTT though.

You can't be honestly pointing to TTT and completely ignore the scheme.

Scheme is the biggest factor in TTT.

If time to throw is a big concern then you need to point the finger at the coaching staff, as RW showed last week, he has no trouble getting the ball out quick against zone if the scheme demands it.

Coach doesn't like dink and dunk. So don't be surprised when his QBs have a high TTT.
In ‘17 our scheme was based on short passing game and he held the ball the second longest behind Watson.

GUYS! LOOK HERE TO SEE TICAL'S GAME. He does this every thread I see and just keeps thinking no one will check. This thing about 2017 being based on short passing which he clearly states as if it's factual isn't even worth lying about but it's just what he does. The reality is that Wilson was 5th in the league that year in "Average Intended Air Yards" (1 of the QB's in front only had 100 attempts so he was more accurately 4th in league). This stat tells us pretty explicitly that the line from Tical about it being a short passing attack is absolute BS. He does this constantly. States things as facts that clearly have no research or actual stats behind them. Wilson was also 7th in "Average Completed Air Yards". These 2 stats basically say that both on attempts and completions Wilson was going deep relative to league average. For these stats to turn into "In ‘17 our scheme was based on short passing game" is nothing short of lying or ignorance. Thanks for listening to my TED Talk entitled "Tical's Game".

Tical21

Reaction score
erik2690":1r1g11wo said:
Tical21":1r1g11wo said:
Fade":1r1g11wo said:
McGruff":1r1g11wo said:
So would being slow to read zones make it more likely that the pressure gets there forcing him to run.

My perception is similar to Tical based on what I see with my eyes. But there is no way to quantify it.

Scheme effects TTT though.

You can't be honestly pointing to TTT and completely ignore the scheme.

Scheme is the biggest factor in TTT.

If time to throw is a big concern then you need to point the finger at the coaching staff, as RW showed last week, he has no trouble getting the ball out quick against zone if the scheme demands it.

Coach doesn't like dink and dunk. So don't be surprised when his QBs have a high TTT.
In ‘17 our scheme was based on short passing game and he held the ball the second longest behind Watson.

GUYS! LOOK HERE TO SEE TICAL'S GAME. He does this every thread I see and just keeps thinking no one will check. This thing about 2017 being based on short passing which he clearly states as if it's factual isn't even worth lying about but it's just what he does. The reality is that Wilson was 5th in the league that year in "Average Intended Air Yards" (1 of the QB's in front only had 100 attempts so he was more accurately 4th in league). This stat tells us pretty explicitly that the line from Tical about it being a short passing attack is absolute BS. He does this constantly. States things as facts that clearly have no research or actual stats behind them. Wilson was also 7th in "Average Completed Air Yards". These 2 stats basically say that both on attempts and completions Wilson was going deep relative to league average. For these stats to turn into "In ‘17 our scheme was based on short passing game" is nothing short of lying or ignorance. Thanks for listening to my TED Talk entitled "Tical's Game".
Lol nothin from nothin but you’re proving my point. Did the quick game work? No, not at all. Not even close. So what did Russ do? When he saw cover-3, did he find the windows to throw the ball into? Surely you don’t think he was throwing deep balls off boot-action like he does now. So how could we possibly explain these numbers? Kick it around a while and let me know what hits you.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
I'd trade Russ straight up for exactly ONE quarterback in the NFL, Patrick Mahomes.

Rodgers? Nope, diva city. Brady? Nope, too old. Goff? Yeah right. Jimmy? If you like a QB that throws ints. Rivers? See Brady. Mayfield? at this pint too volatile but bears watching anyway. Wentz? Has a chance to be as good as RW if he can stay healthy. Prescott? Wonder how he'd do with zero run game like Russ had year before last?

I could go on but, well what's the point?

Tical21

Reaction score
erik2690":24azx8j9 said:
Tical21":24azx8j9 said:
erik2690":24azx8j9 said:
Tical21":24azx8j9 said:

Russ has a far easier time against man and I’d guess outside of a few where we just didn’t have enough guys into block and he got swallowed immediately, very few sacks came from man.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Huge game on Sunday, at some point maybe we'll talk about it instead of arguing about Russ on half the threads? :?

Tical21

Reaction score
John63":2imksttd said:
erik2690":2imksttd said:
Tical21":2imksttd said:
erik2690":2imksttd said:

Will we ever see a real FACT or Stat that unquestionably support his stance? answer NO!! However we have seen the FACTS and STATS showing he is wrong HMM?.
The FACTS the STATS HMMM. Dude seriously even the Russ is god crowd want you to find something else to do. Kinda embarrassing.

Status
Not open for further replies.