Amazing game by Russell Wilson today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tical21

Reaction score
Fade":2r6rao6c said:
@ Tical

I bet my bottom dollar, that if the running game is getting bottled up, and the Oline can't protect so they can't take deep shots, they are going back to the quick game.

Pete referenced 2015 this morning which was nice to hear.
I'm sure they'll go back to the quick game, but I don't expect it to be very successful. 2015 was a unicorn.

John63

Reaction score
Tical21":2rzd7yg5 said:
Fade":2rzd7yg5 said:
@ Tical

I bet my bottom dollar, that if the running game is getting bottled up, and the Oline can't protect so they can't take deep shots, they are going back to the quick game.

I'm sure they'll go back to the quick game, but I don't expect it to be very successful. 2015 was a unicorn.

Hmm and yet it worked

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I saw a QB who was VERY good in the pocket and in the short passing game. Things I kept hearing he wasn't good at.

Seymour

Reaction score
John63":3duv4hus said:
Tical21":3duv4hus said:
Fade":3duv4hus said:
@ Tical

Hmm and yet it worked

Don't try to make sense of it, that will drive you batty.

S l300

Seymour

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":281bc30j said:
I saw a QB who was VERY good in the pocket and in the short passing game. Things I kept hearing he wasn't good at.

......and he could repeat that 14 more games and you'll still hear the same bullsh!t. :roll:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
You make a fine point sir.
His career in the nutshell: Other QB's put up stats and people go crazy about it, even if it doesn't equate to wins and/or playoff success.
Russ puts up yet another of many "best" in his first 7 seasons type stat, people do their best to downplay it. Or, they just say it's because of the team around him.

Oh well, been down this rabbit hole too many times. No need to argue the obvious anymore. Even though I likely will :irishdrinkers:

IndyHawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2rbyt61b said:
He wasn't that good in past tense but since then he seems to have
improved ..Maybe he decided I can't run like I used to and worked on his
short game finally..I hope to see this all the time.

chris98251

Reaction score
You have to ask, can he do it chewing Bubble Gum with his mouth guard in and standing on one leg with a beach ball under one arm though, until he does that he's nothing to write home about.

Fade

Reaction score
Tical21":34s99yuq said:
Fade":34s99yuq said:
@ Tical

Teams don't have the luxury of sitting back in 2 High, and squat on all of the underneath routes ala 2016, 2017.

Seattle will cram the run game down their gullets if they do that, as you should. No, they have to stack the box, and get exotic. Wilson can get the ball out quick against those type of defenses, see week 2 of 2019.

It's funny when you chalk up Wilson's issues in 2016, 2017 as if it were an inherent fatal flaw, when in reality it was a personnel, and coaching issue. He almost won the MVP in 2017 btw.

*EDIT* --> Added Tweet
[tweet]https://twitter.com/ff1221082/status/1173974725422247938[/tweet]
Not too shabby for a player who struggles to read zone defenses, eh Tical. (He doesn't struggle against zone defenses.)

AVL

Reaction score
Height bias is a real thing. Years ago I was pulling for Wilson to make it in baseball as I wasn’t sure he could in football. After seeing him at Wisconsin I had no more doubts.

Tical21

Reaction score
Fade":fucpe75c said:
Tical21":fucpe75c said:
Fade":fucpe75c said:
@ Tical

Teams don't have the luxury of sitting back in 2 High, and squat on all of the underneath routes ala 2016, 2017.

Seattle will cram the run game down their gullets if they do that, as you should. No, they have to stack the box, and get exotic. Wilson can get the ball out quick against those type of defenses, see week 2 of 2019.

It's funny when you chalk up Wilson's issues in 2016, 2017 as if it were an inherent fatal flaw, when in reality it was a personnel, and coaching issue. He almost won the MVP in 2017 btw.

*EDIT* --> Added Tweet
Not too shabby for a player who struggles to read zone defenses, eh Tical. (He doesn't struggle against zone defenses.)
He doesn't struggle against zone defenses, but he struggles reading them. Often that leads to him holding the ball rather than take a risk throwing the ball into something he doesn't trust. The lack of interceptions are a double-edged sword. Against zone, he typically does one of three things repeatedly. Watch the tape for yourself. I beg you. It's silly to continue to have this discussion in this format if you refuse to watch the tape.

Look, I hope as much as anyone that he has mastered the short passing game, I'll gladly pass often. I have thoughts as to why he was so successful this week, why it was predictable and not likely repeatable, but this is a week to just marvel at an outstanding performance.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Yes, his failed plays show up as sacks rather than interceptions.

But sacks are a more positive outcome than interceptions.

John63

Reaction score
Tical21":2azar940 said:
Fade":2azar940 said:
Tical21":2azar940 said:
Fade":2azar940 said:
@ Tical

*EDIT* --> Added Tweet
He doesn't struggle against zone defenses, but he struggles reading them. Often that leads to him holding the ball rather than take a risk throwing the ball into something he doesn't trust. The lack of interceptions are a double-edged sword. Against zone, he typically does one of three things repeatedly. Watch the tape for yourself. I beg you. It's silly to continue to have this discussion in this format if you refuse to watch the tape.

Look, I hope as much as anyone that he has mastered the short passing game, I'll gladly pass often. I have thoughts as to why he was so successful this week, why it was predictable and not likely repeatable, but this is a week to just marvel at an outstanding performance.

LOL he does not struggle against zone defenses, but he struggles reading them. LOL that funny. Its also factually incorrect. As to the rest he spent almost all of 2015 doing the short passing game, so he can master

Whats silly is your need to continually say things that are factually false. The only thing you said that is right is we should enjoy this outstanding performance.oh an fFYI I have watched tape and nothing you say is as simple as you say, there are always variables that you fail to mention like, play call, oline, down and distance, etc. So once again factually speaking everything you say is wrong except enjoying the performance. But that for the laughs

"He doesn't struggle against zone defenses, but he struggles reading them." That is funny

sutz

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3jqzigf3 said:
Yes, his failed plays show up as sacks rather than interceptions.

But sacks are a more positive outcome than interceptions.
Well, less negative. ;)

Tical21

Reaction score
John63":3klo6p24 said:
Tical21":3klo6p24 said:
Fade":3klo6p24 said:
Tical21":3klo6p24 said:

*EDIT* --> Added Tweet

LOL he does not struggle against zone defenses, but he struggles reading them. LOL that funny. Its also factually incorrect. As to the rest he spent almost all of 2015 doing the short passing game, so he can master

Whats silly is your need to continually say things that are factually false. The only thing you said that is right is we should enjoy this outstanding performance.oh an fFYI I have watched tape and nothing you say is as simple as you say, there are always variables that you fail to mention like, play call, oline, down and distance, etc. So once again factually speaking everything you say is wrong except enjoying the performance. But that for the laughs

"He doesn't struggle against zone defenses, but he struggles reading them." That is funny
Factually incorrect that Russell Wilson struggles reading zone defenses.

I don't know what you want me to say man. If you can't see it, I guess all the better for you. I dunno.

The 2015 season was an anomaly because we were a passing team playing against defenses that were gearing up to stop our running game. Of the 6 games I charted, we saw 60% man defense. We tried to replicate this success in 2016, but saw defenses switch to almost 60% zone, and unfortunately our success with the short passing game fell off a cliff. It wasn't until we got back to running the football and putting teams back into man defense and predictable coverages that we started to have success again. So, we way be able to play halves or games where we feature the short passing game prominently, but if we adopt that as our style, it will change the way that defenses play us, and that could greatly hamper our effectiveness and the efficiency of Russell Wilson. There's also a possibility that he is just that much better of a quarterback due to getting more experience and playing under Schotty, and it won't matter what defenses do, but I'd probably bet against it.

Leading up to the game, Seahawk2k was doing Steelers prep and concluded that their greatest vulnerability was a quick passing game, because of reasons I've mentioned in this and other threads. I thought that would make DK the benefactor, rather than Lockett, because Lockett hasn't shown much ability to get early separation. But it was a great adjustment and even better execution. Whether or not the success validates the opinion of everyone who believes the key to our success is opening up the offense and deploying a quick passing attack on a routine basis is a bit of a stretch though IMO.

John63

Reaction score
Tical21":2zqj5io1 said:
John63":2zqj5io1 said:
Tical21":2zqj5io1 said:
Fade":2zqj5io1 said:

*EDIT* --> Added Tweet

Factually incorrect that Russell Wilson struggles reading zone defenses.

I don't know what you want me to say man. If you can't see it, I guess all the better for you. I dunno.

The 2015 season was an anomaly because we were a passing team playing against defenses that were gearing up to stop our running game. Of the 6 games I charted, we saw 60% man defense. We tried to replicate this success in 2016, but saw defenses switch to almost 60% zone, and unfortunately our success with the short passing game fell off a cliff. It wasn't until we got back to running the football and putting teams back into man defense and predictable coverages that we started to have success again. So, we way be able to play halves or games where we feature the short passing game prominently, but if we adopt that as our style, it will change the way that defenses play us, and that could greatly hamper our effectiveness and the efficiency of Russell Wilson. There's also a possibility that he is just that much better of a quarterback due to getting more experience and playing under Schotty, and it won't matter what defenses do, but I'd probably bet against it.

Leading up to the game, Seahawk2k was doing Steelers prep and concluded that their greatest vulnerability was a quick passing game, because of reasons I've mentioned in this and other threads. I thought that would make DK the benefactor, rather than Lockett, because Lockett hasn't shown much ability to get early separation. But it was a great adjustment and even better execution. Whether or not the success validates the opinion of everyone who believes the key to our success is opening up the offense and deploying a quick passing attack on a routine basis is a bit of a stretch though IMO.

Yes factually incorrect find a fact that show sthat. Le tme help you those facts would include a poor completion %, a poor Qb rating, A poor td/int ratio that problem is non exist, because it is not true. You keep saying 2015 was an anomally, and yet he just did it again last game and if you look at other game ssicne then he has done it other times to, when they use that game plan. You keep trying to blame Wilson for not using it more when it is not him calling the plays, or game plan. He may have input but in the end it is up to PC and has said he does not like dinking and dunking. So once again show facts to support your stance, because so far all you have done is state you opinion which is obvious to all is not a fact.

Let me help you this is a fact

D uJ9fDWwAYPrbVformatjpgnamesmall

So well I guess like I said your wrong as he did it just last year too. So if he struggles reading, it so much, which again you have no factual proof of how is it he also had the highest b rating against the zone, oh yeah because he does not struggle against the zone.

So you can have your opinion but knwo the facts clearly show your wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts