Adams Full Go

nwHawk

Reaction score
Adams won’t play in this week’s game, book it. I think Pete plays him next week.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I don't think Pete and Shane's plan for Adams is to replace Love. Even before getting hurt Adam's strengths were not playing deep or one of the two high safety positions.

My guess is the plan for Adams is to be around the LOS, maybe even the WIL LB spot on the edge attacking the run game and blitzing.
This ^
Brock talked about it today. Very likely more of a LB hybrid spot. Let him rush the passer, help out in the run game etc.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
I’m very hopeful that he’s impactful, but my expectations of great things is tempered. I’ve always liked him and don’t take his injuries to be a reason to personally dislike him. Dude’s injuries came on the field while giving 100%. Not an ATV accident or fireworks mishap, but from being a beast out there. I think of it like drafting Curry. Every single sign of success was there, but it didn’t work out.

It sucks to have lost the draft capital and the cap space but #### happens. I don’t lay any of it on JS, Pete or Adams. Nobody took the money and half assed it. The contract was rich but we needed studs on D so sometimes you have to overpay. Supply and demand. I am really hoping Comeback Player of the Year stays in Seattle for a second straight season.

Last edited:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
He could have 10 tackles and 3 sacks. But, people would still whine and moan about him and the trade etc.

I'd still whine, but it'd be a hell of a start to redeeming whatever value's left of the bad trade.

I think Adam's could come back and be used sparingly as a 3rd down or obvious passing situations to rush on the edge and create some chaos. Probably 10-15 snaps a game.

morgulon1

Reaction score
I'd still whine, but it'd be a hell of a start to redeeming whatever value's left of the bad trade.

I think Adam's could come back and be used sparingly as a 3rd down or obvious passing situations to rush on the edge and create some chaos. Probably 10-15 snaps a game.
I like it. Bring him on in the 2nd half when their offense line is a little gassed.
Or bring him out at times just to mess with them mentally.

Okieseahawk

Reaction score
So you guys actually believe he will see the field and be exactly as before? I'm curious what planet are you Jamal worshipers from unless from New York?
Wow.... Always entertaining here.

Yes-he will see the field eventually.
No-not exactly as before.
Earthling from Central USA.
Not a worshipper, just a longtime Hawks fan hoping he helps our D.

No way to defend the trade, but over it long ago.

Attachments

• JD pool.jpg
    JD pool.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

RiverDog

Reaction score
for practice this week!

Great news IMO
I just now noticed the fine print. A full go....for practice. Maybe we can queue in Alan Iverson's thoughts on practice.

It will be interesting to see how we use him, if we create some sort of hybrid linebacker/safety to take advantage of his pass rushing skills, which playing him close to the LOS makes him more subject to injury, or if we play him more like a conventional safety. I'm wondering if he's going to be on a pitch count of sorts, no more than 20 snaps or something.

I'm also wondering if Las Vegas is taking bets on the over/under on how many games he plays before getting hurt.

GGotskill

Reaction score
I just now noticed the fine print. A full go....for practice. Maybe we can queue in Alan Iverson's thoughts on practice.

Yeah, I thought it was a bit of a bait and switch post as well. Two more words in the title would really help.

GemCity

Reaction score
Healthy. Just healthy is what I want to see.

He was a game wrecker with the Jets.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
Yeah, I thought it was a bit of a bait and switch post as well. Two more words in the title would really help.
Bait and switch?

I suppose one could reach that conclusion if they were looking really hard for something to complain about.

My bad.

Attachments

• IMG_2194.png
    IMG_2194.png
    276.4 KB · Views: 6