A Seahawks StubHub Conversation

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Do you guys think the market on StubHub will remain static or trend up or down for our home opener?

I plan to be there and need 2 tickets.

Am also watching other games in other places (Seahawks @ New York & @ Houston).

These are three high dollar tickets compared to say, Indy and St Louis.

Just curious when you guys think the time is right to pay the price.

Riley12

Reaction score
I was watching ticket prices for a bit and noticed basic economics taking hold - as supply increased, the ticket prices
dropped. The drop wasn't very extreme though. (Ticket volume increasing from 4500 to 5000, price for a Charter Seat
decreasing from $500 to $450).

My best guess, based on nothing but my own behavior as an occasional ticket buyer, is that the supply will continue
to increase, peaking about the time the scant single game tickets become available or even the start of training camp.
That is when the prices will be the lowest. After that, with about a month until the home opener, the supply will
start dropping and prices will start increasing (or the cheaper seats will get bought up, leaving the more expensive seats).

nsport

Reaction score
BFS - Seattle has always been a "buy high early" city. The closer to game time, the cheaper the seats. I don't know why - doesn't make sense, as the supply/demand theory should hold true. It rarely does! I would bet $200 at the stadium on game night gets you in...

djTOY2000

Reaction score
i mentioned this in another thread, but i've already had offers of $500 per each of my two sec 130 tickets from friends of friends wanting to buy mine from me...

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Cheapest ticket in the Hawk's Nest as of right now is $265 before fees. THAT is insane.

Subzero717

Reaction score
bestfightstory":3w2nz0jw said:
Cheapest ticket in the Hawk's Nest as of right now is $265 before fees. THAT is insane.

The cheapest seat going into the GB game the week of was $300. That is insane.

HudsonHawk

Reaction score
July 15th a small amount are released on ticketmaster at face value. They are gone in a minute. You have to have everything qued up and buy the second they are released. Except the tickets that come up first time because if you try and reselect they'll be gone.

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
HudsonHawk":1lp1sssc said:
July 15th a small amount are released on ticketmaster at face value. They are gone in a minute. You have to have everything qued up and buy the second they are released. Except the tickets that come up first time because if you try and reselect they'll be gone.

What is the max you are allowed to purchase?? I will be going for max and any i get above and beyond the two i need i will put up here at cost.

NYCoug

Reaction score
I'm already bracing for impact because that week is going to be expensive! I'm fully expecting to spend $800 on the game/flights/hotel (probably more if... when, the Hawks win and celebrations must be had).

Great topic though because I too was wondering if I should wait it out on Stubhub or if I should just make the purchase now. Something's telling me, don't know what it is, to wait it out and that the right seat will make itself available closer to the game. I'm still frequently checking Stubhub though to make sure I don't miss a can't miss deal. So far, nothing.

Whatever the price though, it's gonna be so worth it when we celebrate Pete's BDay with another demolition of the Niners on National TV for all to see.

HudsonHawk

Reaction score
Correction. They go on sale Monday July 22nd at 10:00am. I am not sure about max number. I have only bought sets of 2 and 4 this way.

Drai

Reaction score
djTOY2000":17xgrlp0 said:
i mentioned this in another thread, but i've already had offers of $500 per each of my two sec 130 tickets from friends of friends wanting to buy mine from me...
Yeah, I just got 2 tickets in the Hawks nest for $250 pre-fees each on Friday.

Hendo66

Reaction score
I'm coming up for the Jacksonville game, is it doable to just buy at the bars that weekend or parking lot the day of the game?

Subzero717

Reaction score
Hendo66":j271luqu said:
I'm coming up for the Jacksonville game, is it doable to just buy at the bars that weekend or parking lot the day of the game?

That always my suggestion. Some people don't like that idea for travel. I save tons doing so. Teninutes to kick off and you cam get a great deal. Well below face. Especially for that game.

themunn

Reaction score
nsport":3owsfgl0 said:
BFS - Seattle has always been a "buy high early" city. The closer to game time, the cheaper the seats. I don't know why - doesn't make sense, as the supply/demand theory should hold true. It rarely does! I would bet $200 at the stadium on game night gets you in...

That happens quite a lot with tickets for just about anything actually, the reason being a combination of the belief that supply will drop closer to gametime and wanting to make sure you have a ticket and not be left disappointed.
In reality what happens is the people willing to stump up cash buy tickets months beforehand, then as gameday or whatever event happens, other people realise they can't make it and try and get rid of their tickets - but either most people have made their plans already or the people willing to pay sky high prices have already purchased their tickets, so the price goes down as people accept they need to get rid of it before the event or the price will drop to zero.

Particularly with music festivals I wait until the week beforehand to buy tickets and almost always pay less than face value, when maybe 2 months beforehand tickets were changing hands for 150% of their value

pmedic920

Reaction score
I posted this info in a diff thread already but will reiterate here. If you are traveling to the Houston game I recommend securing tickets ASAP. Texans have a crazy sell out record. Some last minute sales are always available but not worth the gamble if you are paying for a flight and room. I bought 2 tickets the day after schedule came out. section 128 SEAHAWK side. I paid $293 each, today on stub hub, seats 2 rows behind me are going for $700+. I can not speak on the other venues you mentioned but for Reliant Park I would find and buy the seats you want, now. You might spend a bit more but wont risk being separated from your friends or worse.