A Seahawks classic.

Torc

Reaction score
JustTheTip":2dk9n0ga said:
hawksfansinceday1":2dk9n0ga said:
loafoftatupu":2dk9n0ga said:
..........It was that garbage call in Super Bowl 40, Haggans comes offsides by a mile, Hass completes to Stevens at the 1 and the flag for a holding call on Locklear immediately follows, it wasn't even holding! In addition I do not think that holding should ever be called on a player that is offsides. That was the killer, it was the one call that changed everything. Even with all the others that were thown to call back big yards or TDs the Hawks were going to do it against a struggling Pittsburgh..........
I absolutely KNOW to the depth of my soul that this is 100% accurate and I will KNOW it til the day I die. Change just that one totally $h!t call and leave all the rest and Hawks are the champs.

Refs following the script

You may be right, but the refs weren't sure so they quickly followed it up by calling Hasselbeck for an illegal low block when he had the audacity to try and tackle the guy that just intercepted the pass he shouldn't have had to throw.

The "illegal block" is the call that convinced me it was fixed. I've never seen a penalty called like that one at any time, at any level, except in that Super Bowl.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I will NEVER forget that Rob. It was epic! In honor of our current DC, I believe.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
SB XL. I will NEVER get over that robbery. I cried for days. It was so disheartening. I still have never rewatched that game and never will. That was a GREAT team having a GREAT year. They were so much better than the other team on the field it was criminal what the refs did to Seattle. That’s why our arse whipping Denver in SB XLVIII seemed like MAJOR payback.

Leee-roy

Reaction score
Didn't they sigh Alexander to a huge contract the next year and let Hutch go, kinda ending the running game?