A Seahawks classic.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Played 14 years ago yesterday. Not much for suspense, but a classic for Hawks fans. I had never seen my team this dominant. It was a new feeling for me.

[youtube]thEmwYBiVzU[/youtube]

Hass2Carlson

Reaction score
I was there. Reggie White was honored at half time. Complete domination. A tough drive home in a hypnotizing snow storm

olyfan63

Reaction score
Wow, that defense! 3 Return TDs and set up a 4th TD. And rookie Lofa Tatupu, amazing on the field! If only his body could have held up to the NFL.

sutz

Reaction score
Ahhh, the classics. Madden on Monday Night Football. I miss those days a little. Pete has taken us to higher heights, of course, but Holmgren brought us our first trip to the big dance.

Thanks for the link!

:snack:

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I was in the attic of my garage, putting the flooring down to add more storage for Xmas stuff. I didn't have the time to watch the game but I was DVRing it. My then 6 year old son kept coming out the garage.. "They scored a touchdown dad" "They scored another one" and he kept doing it. I stopped him several times and asked "are you sure that they are different touchdowns buddy?" He then told me about the Tatupu play and my little 2 year old girl said "loafofpoopoo?" and there you have the origins of my screen name.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I have seen that game since. It reminds me of the perfect team that got hosed for the Star System. It was that garbage call in Super Bowl 40, Haggans comes offsides by a mile, Hass completes to Stevens at the 1 and the flag for a holding call on Locklear immediately follows, it wasn't even holding! In addition I do not think that holding should ever be called on a player that is offsides. That was the killer, it was the one call that changed everything. Even with all the others that were thown to call back big yards or TDs the Hawks were going to do it against a struggling Pittsburgh. I also blamed Hamlin for getting into a fight.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":bex1xu8e said:
I have seen that game since. It reminds me of the perfect team that got hosed for the Star System. It was that garbage call in Super Bowl 40, Haggans comes offsides by a mile, Hass completes to Stevens at the 1 and the flag for a holding call on Locklear immediately follows, it wasn't even holding! In addition I do not think that holding should ever be called on a player that is offsides. That was the killer, it was the one call that changed everything. Even with all the others that were thown to call back big yards or TDs the Hawks were going to do it against a struggling Pittsburgh. I also blamed Hamlin for getting into a fight.

That super bowl still infuriates me. We EARNED it, and yet the NFL was determined to gift it to Bettis.

IDC, call me a conspiracy theorist, I still believe the NFL gave those refs instructions on how to lean. :34853_doh: :177692:

Oh yeah and SCREW YOU, Hasselbeck and SA haters! IDC, neither was perfect, but I LOVED those guys!

niveky

Reaction score
SeAhAwKeR4life":1nkgh1ae said:
loafoftatupu":1nkgh1ae said:

That super bowl still infuriates me. We EARNED it, and yet the NFL was determined to gift it to Bettis.

IDC, call me a conspiracy theorist, I still believe the NFL gave those refs instructions on how to lean. :34853_doh: :177692:

Oh yeah and SCREW YOU, Hasselbeck and SA haters! IDC, neither was perfect, but I LOVED those guys!

Hasselbeck is my favorite Seahawk to this day and while I haven't been a hawks fan as long as some of you I have been for qute a long time, since around 91-93(was a kid growing up in west texas so not exactly sure when the switch was made). Alexander was also one of my favorites, but it made me so sick when instead of just calling it quits at the end he just completely gave up on so many plays and really fed into that soft label....

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
niveky":2supo18a said:
SeAhAwKeR4life":2supo18a said:
loafoftatupu":2supo18a said:

Hasselbeck is my favorite Seahawk to this day and while I haven't been a hawks fan as long as some of you I have been for qute a long time, since around 91-93(was a kid growing up in west texas so not exactly sure when the switch was made). Alexander was also one of my favorites, but it made me so sick when instead of just calling it quits at the end he just completely gave up on so many plays and really fed into that soft label....

While I agree, in the end SA kind of did "give up" I also think the team refused to let him be him. Everyone knew he was an elusive runner type, not the power "bowling ball" guy like Beast was, or even Carson or Jerome Bettis, and yet they still had him playing with the hurt hand. The guy was just not one who could play his style unless he was near 100%. So I kinda blame both him, and the coachin staff on that one. I think there was fault on both sides.

I still remember his first year, at the end of a losing season, five TDs in one half of play! The guy was totally unstoppable! The only Seattle sports moment I remember as fondly (single player outstanding performance) was probably Mike Cameron's 2001 game in Chicago, four at bats and four home runs, and he wasn't even a power hitter.

My avatar gives away my Favorite past Hawk. Dave Krieg got SO little love, and if he'd made at least one Super Bowl, he'd have been hall of fame on his numbers.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
Dave was himself a largely unsung Seahawk Classic:

[youtube]vkPWLkCALeM[/youtube]

Damn I miss Niehaus and the Mariners fielding a competative team....

[youtube]K8oZT2MC51c[/youtube]

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
My favorite was the graphic right after halftime showing the Eagles tied for the largest halftime deficit in franchise history, and on the VERY next play they widen it by another 7 points.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":12u0o7bf said:
..........It was that garbage call in Super Bowl 40, Haggans comes offsides by a mile, Hass completes to Stevens at the 1 and the flag for a holding call on Locklear immediately follows, it wasn't even holding! In addition I do not think that holding should ever be called on a player that is offsides. That was the killer, it was the one call that changed everything. Even with all the others that were thown to call back big yards or TDs the Hawks were going to do it against a struggling Pittsburgh..........
I absolutely KNOW to the depth of my soul that this is 100% accurate and I will KNOW it til the day I die. Change just that one totally bullshit call and leave all the rest and Hawks are the champs.

Refs following the script

raisethe3

Reaction score
One thing I noticed about watching this game, its the quick passing game. Worked really well effectively.

I think Schotty should employ some of these plays.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2segdfyd said:
loafoftatupu":2segdfyd said:
..........It was that garbage call in Super Bowl 40, Haggans comes offsides by a mile, Hass completes to Stevens at the 1 and the flag for a holding call on Locklear immediately follows, it wasn't even holding! In addition I do not think that holding should ever be called on a player that is offsides. That was the killer, it was the one call that changed everything. Even with all the others that were thown to call back big yards or TDs the Hawks were going to do it against a struggling Pittsburgh..........
I absolutely KNOW to the depth of my soul that this is 100% accurate and I will KNOW it til the day I die. Change just that one totally bullshit call and leave all the rest and Hawks are the champs.

You may be right, but the refs weren't sure so they quickly followed it up by calling Hasselbeck for an illegal low block when he had the audacity to try and tackle the guy that just intercepted the pass he shouldn't have had to throw.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
Remember this?

[youtube]51s7Aqf_llY[/youtube]

Under Holmgren at that point (we went 7-9 I think), I was NOT a believer in Hasselbeck.

I was an early believer in drafting Wilson though, because in my experience, nobody callls college QB talent like Mike Mayock

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
Maulbert":2g40qw1i said:
Played 14 years ago yesterday. Not much for suspense, but a classic for Hawks fans. I had never seen my team this dominant. It was a new feeling for me.

[youtube]thEmwYBiVzU[/youtube]

If TOTAL domination was your thing, Russell Wilson had us covered, finally....

[youtube]byJvHAXQA[/youtube]

[youtube]A2Z7g1q3JwQ[/youtube]

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
JustTheTip":3ars440k said:
hawksfansinceday1":3ars440k said:
loafoftatupu":3ars440k said:

You may be right, but the refs weren't sure so they quickly followed it up by calling Hasselbeck for an illegal low block when he had the audacity to try and tackle the guy that just intercepted the pass he shouldn't have had to throw.
Yeah they had just turned to the last page of the script which read "One more call to ice it for the stealers. Make it at your discretion."

Latest posts