710 ESPN Changes

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Aros":31k5jusk said:
vigilantgrrl":31k5jusk said:
Wow. Big announcement today that they are ending The John Clayton Show and also laying off Jim Moore and Tom Wassell because of the Covid Recession.

Jim and Tom I can see. The Professor is a bit of a head scratcher.
Yep a huge mistake letting Clayton go. He’s the best they had. Maybe KJR will pick him up.
Moore should have been gone 5 years ago, same with Wassell, both are horrible.

balakoth

Reaction score
Due to "reduced ad revenue" Pretty sure I still heard the same number of commercials, and pretty sure the contracts were valid from last year.. oh well.

Everyones really trying to get on this train to defend whatever odd ass moves they make.. good god.

Too bad about Clayton :/

Floridahawk79

Reaction score
Can't stand Gallant. He's the one that should have been let go and now he has an added solo hour? Stopped listening to him awhile back.
Like Jake,Wyman and Bump.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
balakoth":3o4levra said:
Due to "reduced ad revenue" Pretty sure I still heard the same number of commercials, and pretty sure the contracts were valid from last year.. oh well.

Everyones really trying to get on this train to defend whatever odd ass moves they make.. good god.

Was thinking the very same thing. Salk could have fired himself and saved the company a lot of money right there.
Clayton will be fine, he always lands on his feet. The guy might be “no glitz” but his information and insight is usually spot on.

TreeRon

Reaction score
Gallant prob has a contract (when he came from Houston) and they're not about to let him go and pay him.

FPD

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3tnvmzlv said:
balakoth":3tnvmzlv said:

Was thinking the very same thing. Salk could have fired himself and saved the company a lot of money right there.
Clayton will be fine, he always lands on his feet. The guy might be “no glitz” but his information and insight is usually spot on.
That is too bad about him! I so hope you're right about Clayton landing on his feet. I like The Professor too and, as an out of area fan, listened to those podcasts and read those articles just to hear from old John.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
John Clayton and Dave Wyman are two that I enjoyed listening to. They brought something to the table. Can't say that about the rest. At least, Dave is still there. The worst is Paul Gallant, yet they decide to reward him with a hour of his own.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2xp9n7wa said:
John Clayton and Dave Wyman are two that I enjoyed listening to. They brought something to the table. Can't say that about the rest. At least, Dave is still there. The worst is Paul Gallant, yet they decide to reward him with a hour of his own.
Gallant must have dirty pictures of Salk. His “promotion” wasn’t based on merit.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2owp678p said:
Gallant must have dirty pictures of Salk. His “promotion” wasn’t based on merit.

SPOHAWK

Reaction score
Football has done this to themselves, we're just not that into you Burn loot murder Bs and it s like watching a scrimmage yawn!

SPOHAWK

Reaction score
Football has done this to themselves, we're just not that into you Burn loot murder Bs and it s like watching a scrimmage yawn! Even if it was real/live who in there right mind would go to sit hole so do to watch?

sdog1981

Reaction score
Giving Bumpus a show was a bit of a risk. The thing with radio is the only cost they can really control is their staff costs. Bumpus was significantly cheaper than Clayton. They are already paying Gallant so now they can just cover more air time with a sunk cost.

Giving Bumpus a show saved them money and we are just going to have to listen to his growing pains.

Gallant is your run of the mill boring Syracuse grads that have no talent but a ton of connections, he is one of the golden children from that program and the only reason he got his start in a top 10 media market.

BleuEyedHawk

Reaction score
I was sorry when the AM show changed and to see Brock Huard go. I rarely listen now.

Danny O'Neil was okay until they paired him Paul Gallant. I thought I was unique (right) in my distaste for Gallant - he really doesn't say anything of substance and his delivery is obnoxious.

Although I don't listen to the morning show anymore, I'll switch over for my drive home. I like Dave Wyman and the Professor among others.

KJR you say?

acer1240

Reaction score
Paul is active on the Seahawks reddit.

Voice your concerns to him there.

He is ok imo. Stacy is a beautiful human being.

I'm sad Tom got the axe. His radio voice is perfect

notyou

Reaction score
Paul is extremely annoying. Stacy started out fine, but has gotten more and more annoying. Her constant whining about the trademark and the constant use of the horn are insanely annoying. They need to fire both of them.
They should replace paul with bump on the morning show.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Why is Mike Salk still shooting his mouth off? He's horrible! Jacks up the volume on his voice, and I ended up turning it off and deleting anything with his voice in it, especially the commercials. Does he think this is TV? It blasts through my headphones and my blood pressure skyrockets. Or my coworkers look at me like I'm an idiot.

He and Brock do nothing but complain about Pete, which is as unoriginal as it gets, and adds nothing to the conversation. "Pete is making mistakes!"

Yeah, well smart guys, instead of stating the obvious, how about some constructive thoughts and ideas from the guys "on the inside."?

ivotuk

Reaction score
Oh, and they jumped all over JC for "relating a story about Jack Lambert." They made JC apologize on air because the PC police don't want anyone talking about players smoking in the locker room!

At least that's the only thing I could hear that was even remotely objectionable.

"I apologize! And it will never happen again!"

At least Clayton had real guests on his show. The other guys have "Insider, Stacy Rost!" Or "Insider, Danny O'Neill!"

I enjoy Rost, but Danny forces his emotions, and his "oh ho ho ha ha ha!" Sounds like it's of those things that you pull the string on and let it go. I give him credit for trying to be a good radio host, but maybe there's a good school he could go to.

ivotuk

Reaction score
acer1240":1w9a5ty0 said:
Paul is active on the Seahawks reddit.

Voice your concerns to him there.

He is ok imo. Stacy is a beautiful human being.

I'm sad Tom got the axe. His radio voice is perfect

I'm with you here. I liked Tom. He still let's his temper get away from him, but he was maturing.

Worst thing he ever said was "Then there was the pressure of getting good grades to keep your parents happy."

Really? That was your childhood struggle?

Try getting a job at the age of 12 so you could buy food and clothes. Must have been tough Tom. Don't get good grades, and the college education your parents buy you isn't nearly as nice as it could have been.

Kids that grow up in nice neighborhoods never see the world outside of it. Everything's on TV, and detached.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":3bdtbssm said:
MrThortan":3bdtbssm said:
Not local, so I listen to them online. I don't tune in as much after Huard left, but I still listen to the Pete Carroll Show. I usually fast forward to it :lol:

I really liked Clayton. Charismatic and seems to be well informed.

Clayton charismatic?? I've heard him described many different ways but that's a first

No kidding. Who could you possibly think is uncharismatic then?