4-3 After 7 games...

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I thought if we were 4-4 after 8 weeks we would be a playoff team.

After actually watching this team I'm even more convinced that we have the talent to make a SB run. But this offense is absolutely pathetic. I don't understand what's going on. Our RB is great, our O-Line seems acceptable and our QB makes good decisions and good throws most of the time and our WRs prior to Thu night didn't drop passes. The thought of us only scoring 6 points blows me away.

Largent80

Reaction score
I said before that we got thru the hardest part at 3-2. I'll take that any day as that was brutal.

I have faith in my Hawkas. We are gonna steamroll the last half of the schedule and it is gonna be F U N !!!!!

And WAR ...

[youtube]qQkBeOisNM0[/youtube]

chawx

Reaction score
7-3 at the Bye Week is very doable, I'd even go so far as to say there's about a 75% chance that's what we'll be...

6-4 is probably most likely, about 90% chance (I'll take it too).... But, 5-5 or 4-6 would be major disappointments for this team, imo.

kearly

Reaction score
I'm definitely happy with 4-3. It does suck balls that all 3 losses were the worst games to lose- the team has pretty much pissed away any realistic chance for a division tiebreaker. Still, I'd be just fine with a 10-6 wildcard season, or even a 10-6 stay at home season. Either way, it's amazing progress considering where we were in January of 2010.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I see a 10-6 team, a win over the niners and I thought we'd be a 13-3 team.

@Det - Loss
Minn - Win
NYJ - Loss
@Mia - Win
@Chi - Loss
Ariz - Win
@Buf - Win
SF - Win
STL - Win

4 game win streak heading into the playoffs

If SF loses to Chicago, @ NO, @ NE, and @ Seattle we'd be tied but they would hold the division tie breaker, so either we need them to lose @ STL or @ AZ to have a legit shot at the NFC West title with a 10-6 record, or we could just win @ detroit this week and get right back on track for an 11-5 or better season.

mistaowen

Reaction score
The fact that we are 4-3 through one of the hardest parts of any teams schedule this year is pretty impressive. Add to that we get the rest of the division games that matter at home and I think we should make a case for a playoff team. 10-11 wins would be my guess. If we don't win the division with 11 wins and are a wildcard team, then I feel bad for every team that has to watch us run it down their throats at home in the playoffs. We are built to make runs like the Jets over the past few years, except I'll take RW over Sanchez any day of the week.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
If we don't win at least 6 of the next 9 games then we're just not really a very good football team.

Erebus

Reaction score
jreff22":3nwtx0r0 said:
For a team that has been 7-9 for 2 years how can you guys expect to hit 13 wins?

Yes I know you're trolling but I'll answer you anyways. Its sort of like how the 49ers did it last year. They were 8-8 in 2009 and 6-10 in 2010. I'm not expecting 13 wins myself (actually expecting 11), but there is certainly a precedent for that big of a turnaround. And the team that did it is built a lot like the Seahawks...a dominant defense and a running game (and no good WRs).

kf3339

Reaction score
TDOTSEAHAWK":2k1da5i1 said:
I'll take it. Last night was a difficult assignment for any team. It seemed we made mental errors and ran our of gas which would be expected after the short rest from Sunday's win.

The difference between Wilson and Smith last night was a TD and couple of drops. Otherwise they were basically identical.

Defenses, ditto.

Now we got through the most difficult part of the schedule and have a 10 day rest; basically another BYE week. Out toughest game left is @ Chicago where we won last year, albeit with Caleb Hanie at Chicago's helm.

There are some things not to like, but overall, this season I think we are in great position to grab a play-off spot @ 10-6. I think we have made some great strides to being in the NFL elite. More importantly than isolated stats, we have won games. Games that we wouldn't have won last year. I'd say that that is an improvement.

I sure hope the coaches and players don't look at it this way, or we are going to get our ass handed to us in a lot of coming games. You have to play every game as if your are playing the best team in the game. If they let up one bit it will be nothing but losses.

We are just not good enough and too young to have any let down no matter the opponent. There are many games both home and away that really worry me, both in and out of our division.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
chawx":9ucycj9j said:
7-3 at the Bye Week is very doable, I'd even go so far as to say there's about a 75% chance that's what we'll be...

6-4 is probably most likely, about 90% chance (I'll take it too).... But, 5-5 or 4-6 would be major disappointments for this team, imo.

75% chance we are 7-3 and 90% we go 6-4? Your new to math aren't you?

themunn

Reaction score
hey did we not only score 3 points in week 7 last year?
that makes us twice as good as we were last year.
so a 14 win team!
that's 14-5 ;)

BALL HAWKER

Reaction score
I believe that with such a great defense, this team should take more chances on offense...play to win. I understand thats the way Pete likes to play, but I think the Hawks have a better record at this point in the season if they trust the quarterback a little more. Also, the players aren't happy to be 4-3, and neither should we be as Seahawk fans. In the past with the talent on the team we could all be content with a mediocre season, but this year, with this roster, we should all expect great things. Moving in the right direction we have been for the past few years, but this team is special. This team can win every game they play, and I expect them to. GO HAWKS!!!

chawx

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":q9hmi3xu said:
chawx":q9hmi3xu said:

75% chance we are 7-3 and 90% we go 6-4? Your new to math aren't you?

I don't know where that 75/90% came from...? I meant to say about a 35% chance at 7-3, 60% chance of 6-4, 4% chance of 5-5, 1% chance of 4-6....

Throwdown

Reaction score
7-3 is really doable, but I think the Vikings game is going to be the toughest of the remaining 3 til the bye, so because i'm a naturally negative person I'll say 6-4, which is better than I thought we'd do in the first place so I'll take it.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Wenhawk":n5u5yrrv said:

@Det - Loss
Minn - Win
NYJ - Loss
@Mia - Win
@Chi - Loss
Ariz - Win
@Buf - Win
SF - Win
STL - Win

If SF loses to Chicago, @ NO, @ NE, and @ Seattle we'd be tied but they would hold the division tie breaker, so either we need them to lose @ STL or @ AZ to have a legit shot at the NFC West title with a 10-6 record, or we could just win @ detroit this week and get right back on track for an 11-5 or better season.

4-4 after 8 games right on track for our 10-6 record

Hawkfish

Reaction score
Wenhawk":3ucbc91u said:
Wenhawk":3ucbc91u said:

@Det - Loss
Minn - Win
NYJ - Loss
@Mia - Win
@Chi - Loss
Ariz - Win
@Buf - Win
SF - Win
STL - Win

4-4 after 8 games right on track for our 10-6 record

Flip flop the Mia and NYJ win and loss and that's what I see happening, too.